DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alex R interview with Loud and Live

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

Alex R interview with Loud and Live  Empty
PostSubject: Alex R interview with Loud and Live    Alex R interview with Loud and Live  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 11:50 am

I got to meet Alex Rosamilia of The Gaslight Anthem prior to their show at The Bell Center last week to talk about their newest album Handwritten, and the new changes that they made before recording, among other things!!

Erin: Well, first of all, congratulations on the release of your newest album, Handwritten. How do you think that’s been received by your fans?

Alex: Um, well. Very well, I think. Uh yeah. We debuted top ten in a bunch of countries, so I would go with… yeah… very well.

Erin: Yeah, I would have to agree! So, it seems for this album that you’ve done things a bit differently, I mean, the style and such to me sounds different, and of course you’ve been working with a new producer, signed with a new record label, that’s a lot of change. What inspired the changes?

Alex: Well, we decided it was time to go with a new label, and we decided to take the step up to a major label, because we finished our previous contract. And that kind of lead to the idea that you know, we could use a new producer. And aside from the two records we did with Ted Hutt, and Brian also did the Horrible Crowes record with Ted Hutt, so I think it was just time for something a little new, and you know, nothing against Ted. But yeah, Brendan O’Brien was what I think was the perfect match for what we were tryin’ to do.

Erin: Fair. How did the process work with making all those changes?

http://livenloudmagazine.com/2012/09/live-n-loud-meets-the-gaslight-anthem-2/Alex R interview with Loud and Live  Alex-Rosmalia
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: Alex R interview with Loud and Live    Alex R interview with Loud and Live  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 2:24 pm

Why do people transcribe all the uhs and ums - annoying.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Alex R interview with Loud and Live    Alex R interview with Loud and Live  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 3:37 pm

I know this has been said a million times but it's nice to hear from someone like Alex R. for a change. Good advice from him at the end there. Also what I think was more annoying than the "ums" was the "fair" "fair enough" "that's fair" between every question, haha.
Back to top Go down
Andy_
A Contender
A Contender
Andy_

PostSubject: Re: Alex R interview with Loud and Live    Alex R interview with Loud and Live  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 6:01 pm

Fair enough, Um thanks for posting this

Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/@DrewsBatches
nebraska
A Contender
A Contender
nebraska

PostSubject: Re: Alex R interview with Loud and Live    Alex R interview with Loud and Live  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 1:58 am

Andy_ wrote:
Fair enough, Um thanks for posting this

Laughing

Yeah, I woud have to agree! Okay, so, you're posting this, totally fair.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alex R interview with Loud and Live    Alex R interview with Loud and Live  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alex R interview with Loud and Live
Page 1 of 1