DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

coachella interview alex r & benny, canadian interview w/ alex r.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

coachella interview alex r & benny, canadian interview w/ alex r. Empty
PostSubject: coachella interview alex r & benny, canadian interview w/ alex r.   coachella interview alex r & benny, canadian interview w/ alex r. Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 5:43 pm

hopefully these havent been posted yet! i didnt see them anywhere on here...

there's an interview from coachella with alex r. and benny.

http://thephoenix.com/Boston/Video/WFNX/?bctid=20167769001

then a long interview with just alex r. from before one of their canadian shows.

http://www.vimeo.com/4004986

now i REALLY have to start doing homework, instead of searching for gaslight-related videos online. i really dont have the discipline for online classes!
Back to top Go down
LBAZ
A Contender
A Contender
LBAZ

PostSubject: Re: coachella interview alex r & benny, canadian interview w/ alex r.   coachella interview alex r & benny, canadian interview w/ alex r. Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 6:47 pm

'That picture inspired me to shave my head. I fucking looked like a 14 year old girl.'

Classic.
That statement brought on some major laughs!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nomies_alien_lover
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: coachella interview alex r & benny, canadian interview w/ alex r.   coachella interview alex r & benny, canadian interview w/ alex r. Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 10:47 pm

i know, haha. i thought they all looked handsome on the cover of AP. if anything i think benny looked a little faded.
Back to top Go down
LBAZ
A Contender
A Contender
LBAZ

PostSubject: Re: coachella interview alex r & benny, canadian interview w/ alex r.   coachella interview alex r & benny, canadian interview w/ alex r. Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 9:03 am

Same! They are all very handsome and that AP cover was no exception, however I prefered the Kerrang cover.
Personally I feel that AP mostly seems to focus on the past and sometimes delves too deep into things, like the meanings of songs, which can ruin a what a song means to me sometimes if the true meaning of it isn't the same as what it means to me as a individual, or the stories behind the people. It is interesting to some extent to see what inspires them but do I really want to know everything unless the band freely talk about it themselves?
It should really be about just the music but AP feels like a gossip magazine for rock music to me.
I'm not into that whole 'celebrity culture'. I know that TGA or most of bands in AP and Kerrang aren't a considered a 'celebrity' band but you understand what I am getting at.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: coachella interview alex r & benny, canadian interview w/ alex r.   coachella interview alex r & benny, canadian interview w/ alex r. Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 1:12 pm

yeah, haha. i guess thats what sells copies!
like on the cover doesnt it say something like : the band that truly almost never happened.
i mean, really, couldnt you say that about almost every band? im not saying tga never struggled or thought it would never happen for them, but theyve done pretty well in a relatively small amount of time. its not like theyve been struggling to catch on for ten years or something. sheesh.
Back to top Go down
LBAZ
A Contender
A Contender
LBAZ

PostSubject: Re: coachella interview alex r & benny, canadian interview w/ alex r.   coachella interview alex r & benny, canadian interview w/ alex r. Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 1:26 pm

Individually they have been trying to 'catch on' for ten years but together, they haven't.
They have been doing what they do for a really long time. By the time Benny was 15 he was booking some of the biggest hardcore shows in New Brunswick. Their experience is what has stopped them from playing in basements for so long but it is their working ethic that has stopped them losing their heads in it all.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: coachella interview alex r & benny, canadian interview w/ alex r.   coachella interview alex r & benny, canadian interview w/ alex r. Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 1:49 pm

youre right. i didnt mean to make it sound like they havent worked hard. i know they have. i guess i was just thinking it terms of how long the four of them have been together, and how that tagline would work for a lot of bands. but youre right...
Back to top Go down
LBAZ
A Contender
A Contender
LBAZ

PostSubject: Re: coachella interview alex r & benny, canadian interview w/ alex r.   coachella interview alex r & benny, canadian interview w/ alex r. Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 2:02 pm

It didn't sound like that at all.
Even being in TGA they have worked their knuckles to the bone and never given up, something that is very inspiring to me along with their whole conduct and attitude.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: coachella interview alex r & benny, canadian interview w/ alex r.   coachella interview alex r & benny, canadian interview w/ alex r. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

coachella interview alex r & benny, canadian interview w/ alex r.
Page 1 of 1