DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012

Go down 
+9
HighLonesome
beholdhurricanej
ucdtim17
anchorsaway45
DeathoftheCool
madsmom
Vibes
StitchesOnTheRadio
Klown
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ucdtim17
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 2:38 pm

And the shuttle doesn't run on sundays, so marriott, courtyard or clarion hotels are closest.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 3:19 pm

yeah I think I'm going with clarion. I believe it's the cheapest.
Back to top Go down
anchorsaway45
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 4:14 pm

has anyone bought floor tickets? does your ticket have an assigned seat or does it just say floor? I think I bought the wrong section, it says general admission floor but I have a seat #?
Back to top Go down
ucdtim17
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 pm

If it has a seat number it's probably just for internal purposes; the whole floor will be GA
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 4:58 am

the venue has a GA area and a seated balcony area.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 2:26 am

Have any of you received your tickets in the mail yet? I don't normally order tickets so close to the show so they usually arrive way before but this time is different and I'm getting nervous. I'm especially nervous because once they arrive in Connecticut, my parents have to have time to ship them to me in California!

Can someone tell me I'm being ridiculous so I can stop being worried? Thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 2:29 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Have any of you received your tickets in the mail yet? I don't normally order tickets so close to the show so they usually arrive way before but this time is different and I'm getting nervous. I'm especially nervous because once they arrive in Connecticut, my parents have to have time to ship them to me in California!

just curious...why didn't you have them originally shipped to you in California.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 2:32 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:

just curious...why didn't you have them originally shipped to you in California.

Because I wasn't sure how mail worked where I'm living right now. I'm in an apartment complex that's part of a gated community and the mail/address system is weird and basically it was my fear that it would get lost in the mail somewhere. I've since figured it out though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 2:35 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:

Because I wasn't sure how mail worked where I'm living right now. I'm in an apartment complex that's part of a gated community and the mail/address system is weird and basically it was my fear that it would get lost in the mail somewhere. I've since figured it out though.

ah okay...snap...maybe contact ticketmaster or something and see if there is a way to find out if they have been shipped or not.

also if your folks get em super close to the show, tell em to air mail it to you.

good luck...hope you don't miss the show cause of this.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 2:36 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

ah okay...snap...maybe contact ticketmaster or something and see if there is a way to find out if they have been shipped or not.

also if your folks get em super close to the show, tell em to air mail it to you.

Does that mean that you've gotten yours already?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 2:37 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

ahh I should have mentioned I'm not going to this show...Im most likely gonna go to the HWM/TGA/RA one in Anaheim.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 2:39 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

ahh I should have mentioned I'm not going to this show...Im most likely gonna go to the HWM/TGA/RA one in Anaheim.

Ah, okay. I actually bought them through the fan club so I'm not sure ticketmaster was involved, Idk I'll give it another week then I'm calling someone. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
beholdhurricanej
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 6:41 pm

FIRST POST TIME, OH HEY

Anyone making the drive from LA/valley area? I'm thinking of making the trek but since it's on a Sunday night and my friends are normal it looks like I'm driving solo. Carpooling would be nice!

Still considering though- would the Oakland crowd be anywhere CLOSE to the awesomeness of the Roxy crowd here some months ago? Maybe I'm just underestimating the Bay. Also...it's Oakland :shudders:

Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 11:16 pm

beholdhurricanej wrote:
FIRST POST TIME, OH HEY

Anyone making the drive from LA/valley area? I'm thinking of making the trek but since it's on a Sunday night and my friends are normal it looks like I'm driving solo. Carpooling would be nice!

Still considering though- would the Oakland crowd be anywhere CLOSE to the awesomeness of the Roxy crowd here some months ago? Maybe I'm just underestimating the Bay. Also...it's Oakland :shudders:

What made the Roxy crowd awesome? We all have different definitions of what constitutes an awesome crowd, haha.
Back to top Go down
beholdhurricanej
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 11:42 pm

Oh man first of all they were pretty well behaved, but not mellow. Singing along to every word, relatively respectful moshing, and loud as hell. You could just tell everyone was a hardcore fan. Maybe I'm biased because I was up front in the middle of it all, but Brian loved it enough to stagedive so it must have been fantastic haha. Gosh I wish they played the Roxy every time they came to LA!

Fox Theater looks pretty big so I hope the crowd environment/energy can live up to the size!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 11:59 pm

beholdhurricanej wrote:
Oh man first of all they were pretty well behaved, but not mellow. Singing along to every word, relatively respectful moshing, and loud as hell. You could just tell everyone was a hardcore fan. Maybe I'm biased because I was up front in the middle of it all, but Brian loved it enough to stagedive so it must have been fantastic haha. Gosh I wish they played the Roxy every time they came to LA!

Fox Theater looks pretty big so I hope the crowd environment/energy can live up to the size!

I want that crowd! I'm short so I hate when things get too rough but it's boring if people are just nodding their heads (I have yet to see a crowd like that though). That sounds like the perfect in-between crowd.

Back to top Go down
beholdhurricanej
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 2:03 am

Lollll yeah, very friendly too! I just hope Oakland isn't the "too chill" kind of crowd! Either way, if i'm in the first two rows it doesn't matter since I won't be seeing the people behind me lol
Back to top Go down
ucdtim17
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 8:36 pm

The July Independent crowd was pretty mellow and this is a much bigger show so the casual:diehard ratio will likely be higher, thus resulting in a mellower crowd. But who knows. No one can predict these things.
Back to top Go down
ucdtim17
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 8:37 pm

The Fox crowd for Social D seemed mellow to me earlier this year and then for Flogging Molly is was wild. We'll see
Back to top Go down
HighLonesome
A Contender
A Contender
HighLonesome

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 12:18 am

I'm not sure if I already posted in this thread but I'm too lazy to check...

I WISH I WAS GOING TO THIS SHOW!!! If I would have known before they put out the RA/ Gaslight Anaheim date, I think I would've been the Oakland show in a heartbeat... I mean, I do love me some Rise Against, but a Gaslight show at the Fox Theater would have been amazing!

Since the Oakland show is a night after Anaheim, I was seriously thinking about catching a flight. But then realized I'd still have to find a way home. Meh.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 3:22 am

Got an email that my tickets have been shipped! woohoo!
Back to top Go down
Kaimuki
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 1:14 am

Forget the Oakland haters. I actually call this city home and like any big city there can be sketchiness. Mostly Oakland is made up of working class folks who have great pride in 'The Town". Lots of positive things that the media and haters seem to miss.

So many cool restaurants and bars in the area of the Fox Theatre. The crowd may be more chill than an east coast crowd, but they will be into it. Anyone going to this show will have a damn fine time at the Fox.

Can't wait for Sunday!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 2:05 am

Kaimuki wrote:
The crowd may be more chill than an east coast crowd, but they will be into it. Anyone going to this show will have a damn fine time at the Fox.

Can't wait for Sunday!

I WANT them to be more chill. I love living in the NYC area but those people are freakin' crazy at these shows. I want everyone to be into it but I'd rather not deal with the assholes that were at Webster Hall.

It hasn't sunk in that I'm seeing TGA again in less than a week!
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 2:54 am

I promise you don't want them to be more chill...

The show in SF in July was embarrassing. It was like doing the deed with someone who just lays there.... she just looks at you and doesn't move...

We were the dead fish and Gaslight was bringing it... It was simply awkward and embarrassing, as a big time gaslight fan, to be a part of that crowd....

PLEASE BE ROWDY OAKLAND... MOVE! DANCE! SING! FIST PUMP!!!! MAKE GASLIGHT KNOW NORTHERN CA actually cares!!!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 4:12 am

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
I promise you don't want them to be more chill...

The show in SF in July was embarrassing. It was like doing the deed with someone who just lays there.... she just looks at you and doesn't move...

We were the dead fish and Gaslight was bringing it... It was simply awkward and embarrassing, as a big time gaslight fan, to be a part of that crowd....

PLEASE BE ROWDY OAKLAND... MOVE! DANCE! SING! FIST PUMP!!!! MAKE GASLIGHT KNOW NORTHERN CA actually cares!!!

There's a LOT of possibilities between lifeless and a crowd of assholes. I saw the guys at the Cambridge show and that was an excellent crowd. Everyone was into it but there were only a few jerks. If all a crowd did was "move, dance, sing, and fist pump" i'd be thrilled. The NY crowd was a shit show by the encore. I don't know how to describe it but it was a mess. Kinda seemed like being in a massive crowd fight rather than just an intense concert crowd. There was a mosh pit in the back but the front was idk, it just didn't need to be like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next