DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012

Go down 
+9
HighLonesome
beholdhurricanej
ucdtim17
anchorsaway45
DeathoftheCool
madsmom
Vibes
StitchesOnTheRadio
Klown
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 6:12 pm

Just Added - Fox Theater, Oakland, CA - Special Link Instructions For Fan Club Members Included in This Communication
Attention The Gaslight Anthem fan club members:

A September 30, 2012 show has been added for the Fox Theater, Oakland, California.

The administrators of the 45 RPM fan club have set up a special secured area for members only directly in the Infinite Merch store where club membership was purchased. This will allow us to facilitate the link distribution using a verification process. Your membership levels are set to "Fan Club" in the store and only fan club members will be able to view and gain access to the link.

The link goes live on Wednesday, August 15th at 10am local time (PST). Please follow these instructions to gain access to the 45 RPM Fan Club verified link:

1. Log into Infinite Merch using your account credentials (this is an email address and password you used to sign-up and check-out of the store). Once signed in, close your browser tab and come back to this letter and click HERE.

2. Navigate to the Fan Club Category using the links in the menu on the left side or through The Gaslight Anthem category. Next, click on the "Events" Category within the Fan Club category.

3. The Oakland Show banner is displayed, so next click on that banner. This looks like a product page; however we've placed the the secured link in the "Detailed Description" tab. Navigate to that tab. The link is clearly marked.

READ THIS IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE AUTHENTICATING:
Our store uses SSL to secure the store links, therefore you may have to sign in to the site as stated above and then close the browser and go back to the store product page directly HERE. If you see the URL in the navigation bar read "https", the "s" indicates you are still in the secured environment and your authentication will not work. We've tested this out backwards and forwards, so if you have trouble remember you'll need to originate from an "http" url source. Again, you have to be signed in to the store already in order for the link provided HERE to work correctly. If a message pops up "access denied" you are not signed in; go sign-in first, close the browser tab opened for the store, then click the "HERE" links.)

Use the link to purchase the pre-sale tickets on the day of the pre-sale. Test out this process ahead of time. If you have trouble signing in to the store or cannot see the link set up in the fan club, please write to customerservice@punkrockmusic.com.

There is no need to provide a fan club number to access this link or purchase tickets.

If you choose not to use the fan club link, the sale to the general public will be August 16.

FC Staff
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 3:33 am

I nearly fell out of my chair when this was announced. So happy Smile

Is this the first one to have the actual fan club presale? I didn't do the other supposed ones so I have nothing to compare it to but it seems exclusive and there's a separate presale the next day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 4:32 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
I nearly fell out of my chair when this was announced. So happy Smile

Is this the first one to have the actual fan club presale? I didn't do the other supposed ones so I have nothing to compare it to but it seems exclusive and there's a separate presale the next day.

where in california are you based?

also this is a very very beautiful venue.
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:09 am

I'll be there for sure. Stitches, are you going?
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:54 am

I'm in LA so it'll be a fun 6 hour drive haha but I'm totally going. Are you guys?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 6:43 am

I moved out of South Bay into SoCal so I don't think Imma be able to go to this show. Tho I've been to quite a few shows at the fox theatre to say it's a gorgeous venue.

Sitches, where in LA are you at?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 1:41 pm

Bummer. But that's cool about the venue. I'm like next door to Universal Studios. So near Burbank I believe. I don't totally understand how LA is divided up.

EDIT: Got 2 tickets, woohoo! That was the easier I've ever had it to buy tickets for this band.
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 3:26 pm

Bummer. But that's cool about the venue. I'm like next door to Universal Studios. So near Burbank I believe. I don't totally understand how LA is divided up.

EDIT: Got 2 tickets, woohoo! That was the easier I've ever had it to buy tickets for this band.

I don't think they have a big following around the bay area. Last time the crowd was really weak, I got there an hour or so early and was 2nd in line.

There's a group forming, I know of at least two other people going so we'll all have to meet up and see the show together!
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
madsmom
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
madsmom

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 3:54 pm

Got my ticket in the 45 club presale pretty is process to, I'm going to to the Anaheim show with GA, HWM & Rise & then driving up in the morning . I was at the opening of the Fox Theatre back 09 when Socia D played. Its a really nice venue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 3:56 pm

I don't think the entire west coast has a big following. I've never had issues getting tickets like people in the east coast do.

I'll be attending the anaheim show. debating if I should do this one as well..and make it an excuse to visit the bay area.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 4:51 pm

Vibes wrote:

I don't think they have a big following around the bay area. Last time the crowd was really weak, I got there an hour or so early and was 2nd in line.

There's a group forming, I know of at least two other people going so we'll all have to meet up and see the show together!

So I don't have to line up at 12:30pm to get the front for once? YAY!

I'd love to meet up! My friend Alex is coming with me too. How's the crowd usually on the west coast? Behavior-wise I mean.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:22 pm

of course this show happens ten days after i leave for santa barbara! Evil or Very Mad
It'll be a long shot but maybe I can find a way to get to Anaheim the day before to see the guys with Rise Against and HWM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 8:23 pm

How's the crowd usually on the west coast? Behavior-wise I mean.

bay area crowd is cool. everyone is chill.

tho I have to say...Oakland is kinda sketch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 8:03 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
tho I have to say...Oakland is kinda sketch

hey, hey, hey, that's my home you're talking about there! Razz

that being said, Downtown Oakland and East Oakland are the sketchest part of town. The lower hills, North Oakland -- that's all fine.

The Fox is right next to the 19th Street BART station, so public transit is fairly easy. (I'll probably be using the BART to get there.) Always be aware of your surroundings. Oaksterdam University is located a block from the Fox and it's not exactly a school per se and was raided by police for marijuana earlier this year. Being aware would be the best thing to do, and stay in groups.

That being said, I just got my ticket for the show. GA. Thank you, APE presale code.
Back to top Go down
anchorsaway45
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 3:49 am

this announcement made my life. going to their show in Reno and just bought my ticket for this one as well. never seen them live before so looks like my dreams are finally coming true! (:
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 4:38 am

So the area is sketchy but are west coast Gaslight fans pretty decent? I'm just trying to determine if getting up front is likely to be fun like Cambridge was or a bit of a nightmare like NYC was.

I still don't know how I'm getting there, where I'm staying or how I'm getting back. This will be interesting. I'm getting excited!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 6:00 am

So the area is sketchy but are west coast Gaslight fans pretty decent? I'm just trying to determine if getting up front is likely to be fun like Cambridge was or a bit of a nightmare like NYC was.

I still don't know how I'm getting there, where I'm staying or how I'm getting back. This will be interesting. I'm getting excited!!

drive?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 6:51 am

I live in the city. Lemme know if you need help figuring things out! I can probably help figure out transit at the very least.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 4:38 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:

drive?

It's 6 hours. Someone suggested public transport but I haven't looked into that yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 5:01 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:

drive?

It's 6 hours. Someone suggested public transport but I haven't looked into that yet.

public transport which is Bart is if you are in the Bay Area...they are other ways such as greyhound or the vietnamese bus which goes from LA to San Jose and then you can take public transportation.

if you have any other questions about getting there, feel free to ask.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 6:23 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

drive?

public transport which is Bart is if you are in the Bay Area...they are other ways such as greyhound or the vietnamese bus which goes from LA to San Jose and then you can take public transportation.

Thanks for the info! I'm guessing I'll end up driving just because it's easier. With gas and hotel this trip is not going to be cheap though. At least I got the tickets for face value this time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 3:55 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

drive?

Thanks for the info! I'm guessing I'll end up driving just because it's easier. With gas and hotel this trip is not going to be cheap though. At least I got the tickets for face value this time.

if you take 101-880 all the way up, I know that there are places along the central coast that have cheaper gas prices than in the bay (salinas is less than $4 right now, I think). there might also be some cheaper hotel options if you look near the airport.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 5:42 am

redskynight wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

drive?

if you take 101-880 all the way up, I know that there are places along the central coast that have cheaper gas prices than in the bay (salinas is less than $4 right now, I think). there might also be some cheaper hotel options if you look near the airport.

Thanks for the tip! That's probably the route I'll take. I found a hotel 2 minutes away from the venue for pretty cheap and I'll be splitting it with a friend so that's probably what I'll do.

Or I could do what I did for the 45 shoot and drive 6 hours there, see the show and drive back in time to see the sun rise cheers (probably not).
Back to top Go down
ucdtim17
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 2:32 pm

The area isn't any more sketchy than any other city downtown. It'll be saturday night so there will be lots of people out and about. 19th St BART is across the street from the theater if you're coming from anywhere else. City Center Marriott is close. There's also a free shuttle that runs up and down broadway until 1 if you want to stay down at Jack London Square.
Back to top Go down
ucdtim17
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 2:33 pm

Make that sunday night; not sure why I thought saturday. In any case, there will be plenty of people around because it's a show night
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012   Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fox Theater, Oakland, CA Sept30, 2012
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next