DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spam

Go down 
+12
Klown
Mr.Grieves
saltandburn1967
plugga
thomas94
SubconsciousRitual
Emusic
Labhras
Paddy
HorribleCrowe
Try Me
IrishNameAndAnInjury
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:48 pm

SubconsciousRitual wrote:
I've never been to Europe either, I'm just guessing, based on what I know about America.

Mae makes me cry too. I LOVE THAT SONG.

Mae is a fantastic song. I'm still thinking about the meaning of the lines though
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:49 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Aw, I'm sure you'd be fine because you obviously love them and want the best for them. It's just such a tough position to be in, especially when you're powerless to change things. I hate that! I have always wanted kids more than anything, so it was never a question that I would take the kids if anything happened to their parents. I've been there for them since birth, I've gone through everything with those kids, and I'd die for them. I miss them. Sad
I hope you get to see them soon, but maybe not with their mom! I really just can't wait for my niece and nephew to get older so they can understand that most of what my sister says isn't true. I'm looking forward to them being adults just so they won't live with her anymore and I can go visit them and she won't be there! They're 7 and 2 so it's going to be a long time.

I feel the same way. If I could see the kids without seeing my cousin, life would be perfect. It's tough because we grew up together in CA so there are a lot of memories there, then we both ended up in VA. We understand each other and have such a tight history, it's hard to just write her off even though I can't stand who she has become. But the kids are everything. I'm hoping when they get older they will leave home and come live with me. It'll be a long while, so maybe something will happen sooner than that and the state will award me custody. It's always in the back of my mind.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:51 pm

I've never been to Europe either, I'm just guessing, based on what I know about America.

It's the whole "I wanna see you tonight. Will you come for a drive..." That whole part just kills every time. Brian is the most wonderful murderer on the planet, haha! Razz
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:52 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
I DO? I AM SO CONFUSED RIGHT NOW. IS MORE TEQUILA NEEDED? scratch

No! I was listening to records and I fell asleep, actually. Embarassed

Aw, you're such an innocent girl, Sarah! Razz

I was listening to my Handwritten vinyl today and Mae made me cry. That song...

#DSSAngel

Seriously, that song still just kills me.

#DSSAngel High Five
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:52 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
What happened to Steph?

She abandoned us! Sad

She leaves without saying goodbye, leaving us confused and sad. Sad
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:53 pm

thomas94 wrote:

Mae is a fantastic song. I'm still thinking about the meaning of the lines though

Which lines are you thinking about? I think this is one of Brian's best songs. So poetic! I love you
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:57 pm

thomas94 wrote:

Which lines are you thinking about? I think this is one of Brian's best songs. So poetic! I love you

Those: "We work our fingers down to dust
And we wait for kingdom come
With the radio on"

and

"And still this city pumps it's aching heart
For one more drop of blood"

Maybe my english is not good enough or something like that, but I feel like can translate all of the lyrics..but sometimes I just don't get the sense

Back to top Go down
SubconsciousRitual
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
SubconsciousRitual

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:58 pm

I feel the same way. If I could see the kids without seeing my cousin, life would be perfect. It's tough because we grew up together in CA so there are a lot of memories there, then we both ended up in VA. We understand each other and have such a tight history, it's hard to just write her off even though I can't stand who she has become. But the kids are everything. I'm hoping when they get older they will leave home and come live with me. It'll be a long while, so maybe something will happen sooner than that and the state will award me custody. It's always in the back of my mind.
I hope that happens for you and them! I know it's a tricky situation. I feel like the state doesn't do enough in these cases Crying or Very sad

t's the whole "I wanna see you tonight. Will you come for a drive..." That whole part just kills every time. Brian is the most wonderful murderer on the planet, haha! Razz
Seriously, that line gets me every time! Totally reminds me of driving around with boys Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:01 pm

Shannon just disappeared, too!
I'M AFRAID OF A WORLD WITHOUT STEPH AND SHANNON.
Back to top Go down
SubconsciousRitual
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
SubconsciousRitual

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:04 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
Yeah, I'm new here and I've already forgotten what that's like!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:05 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:

I'M BACK! I JUST HAD TO SWITCH FROM MY IPAD TO MY LAPTOP. I'M STICKING AROUND FOR A LITTLE WHILE LONGER. Smile
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:09 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:

I'M BACK! I JUST HAD TO SWITCH FROM MY IPAD TO MY LAPTOP. I'M STICKING AROUND FOR A LITTLE WHILE LONGER. Smile

Don't scare us like that!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:09 pm

thomas94 wrote:
thomas94 wrote:

With the radio on"

and

Maybe my english is not good enough or something like that, but I feel like can translate all of the lyrics..but sometimes I just don't get the sense

Okay, the fingers down to dust part, how I interpret it, is Brian is talking about how we work so hard all our lives until we die (wait for Kingdom Come), and we keep the radio on because music helps us through life. It's always there.

For the next part I'm not totally sure, but I think maybe he's talking about how some cities are just dying. They aren't thriving like they once were (and neither are we for living there), but they are still struggling to survive. I hope that makes sense. Smile
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:12 pm

I hope that happens for you and them! I know it's a tricky situation. I feel like the state doesn't do enough in these cases Crying or Very sad

Thanks, Beth. Hug I agree, the state just doesn't protect kids like it should. I hope things improve with your sister and her kids too. It's just heartbreaking. I'll keep them in my prayers. Smile

t's the whole "I wanna see you tonight. Will you come for a drive..." That whole part just kills every time. Brian is the most wonderful murderer on the planet, haha! Razz
Seriously, that line gets me every time! Totally reminds me of driving around with boys Very Happy

Haha, I want a boy to drive around with me right now and listen to that song! Razz

Last edited by IrishNameAndAnInjury on Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SubconsciousRitual
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
SubconsciousRitual

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:12 pm

Okay, the fingers down to dust part, how I interpret it, is Brian is talking about how we work so hard all our lives until we die (wait for Kingdom Come), and we keep the radio on because music helps us through life. It's always there.

For the next part I'm not totally sure, but I think maybe he's talking about how some cities are just dying. They aren't thriving like they once were (and neither are we for living there), but they are still struggling to survive. I hope that makes sense. Smile
I'd agree with that. Like, the city is beating us down, and we're just doing our best to get by.
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:13 pm

thomas94 wrote:
thomas94 wrote:

With the radio on"

and

Wow, thanks. That would make sense..you mean that the Kingdom has the meaning of a life after death?
Back to top Go down
SubconsciousRitual
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
SubconsciousRitual

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:15 pm

Thanks, Beth. Hug I agree, the state just doesn't protect kids like it should. I hope things improve with your sister and her kids too. It's just heartbreaking. I'll keep them in my prayers. Smile
Thank you Smile I'll keep you guys in my thoughts too.

Driving around with boys makes everything better Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:15 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:

Don't scare us like that!

I'm sorry! Hug Next time I will announce my departure from spam in big bold letters. I promise! Razz
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:18 pm

I'd agree with that. Like, the city is beating us down, and we're just doing our best to get by.

That's what I get from it. I love how Brian took that kind of heartland Bruce/John Mellencamp vibe and just turned it into something sooooo personal, beautiful, poetic, and breathtaking. I can see why he said it was one of his favorite songs that he's written.
Back to top Go down
Try Me
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Try Me

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:19 pm

*A wild Shawn appears*
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:20 pm

When I first looked at the amount of posts some peole had I was just thinking: "How can someone have such a lot of posts"... after I looked into sam and have been writing here for a few I understand everything Wink

It's strange that I've been a member of this forum for three years (eventhough I did't post all the time) and found out about spam just a few weeks ago
Back to top Go down
SubconsciousRitual
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
SubconsciousRitual

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:21 pm

That's what I get from it. I love how Brian took that kind of heartland Bruce/John Mellencamp vibe and just turned it into something sooooo personal, beautiful, poetic, and breathtaking. I can see why he said it was one of his favorite songs that he's written.
It's definitely my favorite slower TGA song. Though I love Red at Night, I never had the same connection to HLAYK or Blue Jeans that other people have. But I totally identify with this Mae. I love you
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:22 pm

After gettin these explanations I like this song even more than I did before.. I love you
Back to top Go down
Try Me
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Try Me

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:22 pm

It's definitely my favorite slower TGA song. Though I love Red at Night, I never had the same connection to HLAYK or Blue Jeans that other people have. But I totally identify with this Mae. I love you

First person I've ever heard say this.
Back to top Go down
SubconsciousRitual
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
SubconsciousRitual

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:23 pm

Oh my goodness Thomas, and now I have almost as many posts as you've had! And I just noticed my status is Wooderson now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spam
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next