DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spam

Go down 
+12
Klown
Mr.Grieves
saltandburn1967
plugga
thomas94
SubconsciousRitual
Emusic
Labhras
Paddy
HorribleCrowe
Try Me
IrishNameAndAnInjury
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 12:04 am

Oh dear, Shannon. Rum? Pirates drink that!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 12:07 am

Girls can be pirates! pirat

Rum is delicious. Really, it's my favorite (not that I've tried a whole lot of alcohol). Lots of rum and coke tonight. More than planned, but oh well, I'm in a great mood! cheers
Back to top Go down

Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 12:10 am

You're an alcoholic Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 12:18 am

Matt L wrote:
You're an alcoholic Rolling Eyes

Haha, not at all! Really, I don't drink that much, I just end up on here when I do! The problem tonight is that I hadn't eaten anything for a while, so it kind of went to my head. I'm not a lightweight, normally what I've had tonight wouldn't affect me this much.

Have you ever had any alcohol? When I was your age, the most I had ever had was maybe half a bottle of beer at a time. Sometimes my dad would drink beer at night and if he didn't finish one, it ended up in the fridge, so on occasion I would drink it, just to see if he noticed. He never did! I NEVER drank enough to feel anything from it though.
Back to top Go down

Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 12:27 am

Nope, never drank anything in my life!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 12:33 am

You should be really proud of yourself! In high school, I hung out with the kids who drank all the time (some every single day and night) and did every drug they could get their hands on, and I was the opposite. I have never touched drugs once. I liked being different, but I know it's really hard for some kids to not follow the pack. You're one of the smart ones! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 12:35 am

Just as a disclaimer here, I have nothing against people who do choose to take drugs. It's not a big deal, I'm all for legalizing marijuana and stuff like that, but I'm just projecting my own personal feelings into what I'm telling Matt. My philosophy is that as long as you aren't hurting anyone, do what you want. Some of it just isn't for me. #DrunkRamble
Back to top Go down

Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 12:38 am

That's how I feel as well. Though I'd prefer it if my friends didn't drink or smoke (a few of them do, occasionally, smoke weed) I am mature enough to realize that
1.) They are responsible enough to make their own decisions and
2.) Moderation will never kill you

Although even saying that I'm fine with it, I found out a girl------friend of mine had smoked at least once before and my heart was broken in two for maybe half an hour before I came to my senses and realized the world had not ended because she had tried a (in relativity) harmless drug.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 12:42 am

I totally get what you're saying. I had a huge crush on a guy in high school and thought the world of him, and then I found out from a mutual friend that he occasionally smoked weed and had dropped acid a few times, and I felt crushed. It didn't last long because I realized he was still the same person I liked before knowing that information, but still, it kind of changed how I looked at him just a little.

I ran with a wild crowd, so I was pretty used to it, though. I always knew if I ever wanted any drugs, all I had to do was ask, and I'd get what I wanted, free of charge, no questions asked. I'm glad I never took them up on that. It woudn't have been good for me.
Back to top Go down

Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 12:44 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
I totally get what you're saying. I had a huge crush on a guy in high school and thought the world of him, and then I found out from a mutual friend that he occasionally smoked weed and had dropped acid a few times, and I felt crushed. It didn't last long because I realized he was still the same person I liked before knowing that information, but still, it kind of changed how I looked at him just a little.

I ran with a wild crowd, so I was pretty used to it, though. I always knew if I ever wanted any drugs, all I had to do was ask, and I'd get what I wanted, free of charge, no questions asked. I'm glad I never took them up on that. It woudn't have been good for me.

It's like, I can't think of any reason why she shouldn't be able to (I personally don't believe it should be illegal), considering, though there are health problems, they only become truly apparent in repetitive use, but I really wish she would never, ever, ever do it again.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 12:48 am

Matt L wrote:

It's like, I can't think of any reason why she shouldn't be able to (I personally don't believe it should be illegal), considering, though there are health problems, they only become truly apparent in repetitive use, but I really wish she would never, ever, ever do it again.

Yep, I know what you mean. Even though I'm for legalization and don't really see any harm in experimenting with drugs on a casual basis, I really don't want my friends or family to get involved in that world at all. I have seen what can happen to people when they get addicted, and it often doesn't end well. It's the possibility of what COULD happen that worries me.
Back to top Go down

Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 12:51 am

Matt L wrote:

Yep, I know what you mean. Even though I'm for legalization and don't really see any harm in experimenting with drugs on a casual basis, I really don't want my friends or family to get involved in that world at all. I have seen what can happen to people when they get addicted, and it often doesn't end well. It's the possibility of what COULD happen that worries me.

Yeah. I wish I could talk to her about it. I'm really fond of her, and I would never want to see her get hurt. But she's not my girlfriend and she's not my sister, so I don't think I have the right to tell her what to do.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 12:56 am

Matt L wrote:
Matt L wrote:

Yeah. I wish I could talk to her about it. I'm really fond of her, and I would never want to see her get hurt. But she's not my girlfriend and she's not my sister, so I don't think I have the right to tell her what to do.

Are you guys friends? You can talk to her about it without telling her what to do. Maybe just let her know that you care about her and don't want to see her get hurt? I don't know, I've never been good at things like this because I often care too much about people. I am extremely sensitive and take things to heart more than I should. But let me tell you, I had a few friends back when I was a teenager that I wish I had told to go easy on the drugs and alcohol, but I didn't for the reasons you mentioned. Sometimes it's better to speak up if you can do it in a gentle way.
Back to top Go down

Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 1:09 am

Matt L wrote:
Matt L wrote:

Are you guys friends? You can talk to her about it without telling her what to do. Maybe just let her know that you care about her and don't want to see her get hurt? I don't know, I've never been good at things like this because I often care too much about people. I am extremely sensitive and take things to heart more than I should. But let me tell you, I had a few friends back when I was a teenager that I wish I had told to go easy on the drugs and alcohol, but I didn't for the reasons you mentioned. Sometimes it's better to speak up if you can do it in a gentle way.

Right now I think it'd be a bit inappropriate. I don't want to just bring it up out of the blue since I'm sure she doesn't do it very often. So I'll wait until a proper moment to say it.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 1:13 am

Matt L wrote:
Matt L wrote:
Matt L wrote:

Right now I think it'd be a bit inappropriate. I don't want to just bring it up out of the blue since I'm sure she doesn't do it very often. So I'll wait until a proper moment to say it.

Good idea. I didn't know if you guys were just best friends or acquaintances or what. Springing something like that on someone out of the rarely turns out well though.
Back to top Go down

Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 1:16 am

We're real close friends, we've known each other a long time, and we're just now getting closer after being a little distant for a few years (it wasn't out of choice, we just were too far away for two 10-year-olds to keep in contact.) I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt and saying that the time she mentioned was the only time and never will again.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 1:23 am

You're a good friend. It sounds like you really care, but you're not too quick to overreact at all. Hopefully it was a one time thing and she got it out of her system and doesn't feel the need to do it again. Smile
Back to top Go down

Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 1:24 am

You're a good friend. It sounds like you really care, but you're not too quick to overreact at all. Hopefully it was a one time thing and she got it out of her system and doesn't feel the need to do it again. Smile

Hopefully. I think we should change the subject, this one makes me sick Razz
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 1:25 am

Yeah, I agree! I'm feelign too loopy to keep talking about serious stuff! drunken Tell me a story! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 1:28 am

Agh, I can't think of any stories out of the blue! Be more specific Razz
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 1:29 am

Haha, I don't know! I can't think straight right now! Something funny! Razz
Back to top Go down
Try Me
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Try Me

Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 1:31 am

Actin' like she did meth or some shit...haha. Chill bro...
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 1:33 am

Hey, you never know, Shawn. Maybe she did (but I hope not, Matt!). Okay, no more serious stuff! No I can't think about serious topics anymore. drunken

Does anyone else find that drunk emoticon to be pretty silly, or is it just me? Hmm...
Back to top Go down

Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 1:37 am

I can't really think of any stories right now... if you were more specific about what kinda story you wanna hear I might be able to think of one, but right now I've got nothing. Razz
Back to top Go down
Try Me
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Try Me

Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 1:38 am

Been thinkin' about havin' a intervention for one of my mates. One of my other close friends caught him eating a chicken nugget the other day. I don't want to be too aggressive, so I guess we'll just see if he does it again. It's a waiting game right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spam
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next