DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten'

Go down 
+36
cdala
lorem_ipsum
drifter69
barkjon
McMenemy
DianaAntonia
chaoticpoet
OldManShoes3
moconnell23
bringiton_ty
StitchesOnTheRadio
Matilda Noir
gtalbott
SubconsciousRitual
TheContender
Xanthias
EveryWordHandwritten
Ghost
plugga
White Man In Hammersmith
IrishNameAndAnInjury
zak1226
Jerseyrain
Christophe
bringiton
CasanovaBaby90
redheadchick
A_Regular
enola
simo
saltandburn1967
The Angry Johnny Revue
Little Eden
Afzoomie67
EveryLittleSecret
steady now steady now
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

What are your favourite new songs on Handwritten?
Handwritten
POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 88 ]
Here Comes My Man
POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 38 ]
Mulholland Drive
POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 62 ]
Keepsake
POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 45 ]
Too Much Blood
POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 32 ]
Howl
POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 48 ]
Biloxi Parish
POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 54 ]
Desire
POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 21 ]
Mae
POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 62 ]
National Anthem
POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 40 ]
Total Votes : 490

AuthorMessage
Xanthias
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Xanthias

POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten'   POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 4:36 pm

I think Too Much Blood is one of the best track in the album and of the best TGA songs overall, can't really understand why it's so underrated. Handwritten and Here Comes My Man are amongst my favourites, the ones I still can't get into are Mae and Biloxi Parish
Back to top Go down
TheContender
A Contender
A Contender
TheContender

PostSubject: Re: POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten'   POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 8:10 pm

Biloxi would probably be tops for the moment, but Mullholland, Mae, and National Anthem are climbing.
Back to top Go down
SubconsciousRitual
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
SubconsciousRitual

PostSubject: Re: POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten'   POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 11:38 pm

Right now I'm gravitating toward Mae, but the whole album is fantastic so that might change. Other favorites are Mulholland Drive, National Anthem, and Handwritten, (and 45).
Back to top Go down
gtalbott
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
gtalbott

PostSubject: Re: POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten'   POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 12:52 am

The fact that Blue Dahlia isn't on here is a ROBBERY
Back to top Go down
Matilda Noir
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Matilda Noir

PostSubject: Re: POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten'   POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 12:48 pm

Here are my top 3:

Blue Dahlia -- even though it wasn't listed (bonus track) I think it definitely should've been included on the regular version!

Too Much Blood -- love the chord progression (?), chorus

Handwritten -- who knew? those of us not thrilled right away with the album title, totally redeemed itself with the title track. I love it. Smile

Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten'   POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 1:01 pm

With how much people seem to be raving about Howl, I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more votes. It's not one of my favorites so I didn't vote for it, but that doesn't mean much since I love every song on the album. I had to limit myself to 4, haha.
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten'   POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 3:55 pm

has to be

(45)
Mae is definately my fav and the lyrics are incredible and great for a drive with my girl
Biloxi Parish
Howl
Blue Dahlia

Very Happy that is all

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
moconnell23
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
moconnell23

PostSubject: Re: POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten'   POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 4:09 pm

I went with Mae, Handwritten, Desire, and National Anthem. But along with many, I love every song on this album.
Back to top Go down
OldManShoes3
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
OldManShoes3

PostSubject: Re: POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten'   POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 4:58 pm

Mae, Howl, Handwritten, Biloxi Parish. Only song I don't really like that much at this point is Too Much Blood, I realized it reminds me of Shinedown and that's not a good thing coming from Gaslight. But I love every other song, and I'm with everyone else on Blue Dahlia being one of the best on the album.
Back to top Go down
chaoticpoet
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten'   POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 6:13 pm

My top 3 songs from the Cd are Howl,Mae, and the outstanding Blue Dahlia.Of course i was being a cheap putz and said to myself" The 3 extra songs on the deluxe Cd will be average at best" so i got the regular edition.Now i gotta buy the deluxe edition!! I seriously cannot stop listening to Blue Dahlia!!
Back to top Go down
SubconsciousRitual
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
SubconsciousRitual

PostSubject: Re: POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten'   POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:56 pm

Adding Here Comes My Man to the list. So apparently half the songs are my favorite. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DianaAntonia
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten'   POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 5:07 pm

Handwritten
Howl
Too much blood
Mullholland Drive

These are my favorites.
Back to top Go down
McMenemy
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten'   POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 8:42 pm

My favourite is Mullholland Drive, followed by 45.

That said, Biloxi Parish and Howl are only just behind. And Keepsake has an awesome dark sounding piece in it.

What I love about Howl is it just jumps out as one to sing and dance to. I was watching Gaslight perform at Lollapalooza, and Brian had no guitar on and he looked like he was having a blast performing that song.
Back to top Go down
barkjon
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten'   POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 12:37 pm

Handwritten, 45, and Mae are probably my favorites so far.
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

PostSubject: Re: POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten'   POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 1:14 pm

Probably biased and wrong but i voted for all songs Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
lorem_ipsum
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
lorem_ipsum

PostSubject: Re: POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten'   POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 2:44 pm

Howl. No question. Post-punk masterpiece. It resonates so soundly with me. Never ever get tired of it.
(And I'm a literary nerd sooooo... )
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten'   POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 2:53 pm

I voted for Howl and Biloxi, but between the 2 Howl wins. Makes you want to jump around wherever you are.
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten'   POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 7:49 pm

Agree with some of the points already made, Blue Dahlia should DEFINITELY be on the list! The biggest tragedy though is only getting the one vote.
Back to top Go down
Italian__Fallon
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Italian__Fallon

PostSubject: Re: POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten'   POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 9:25 pm

Guys, I'm starting to think that "Mae" is maybe the best Gaslight's song ever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten'   POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 10:14 pm

Italian__Fallon wrote:

That song is an asshole. Definitely in my top 3 favorite Gaslight songs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten'   POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 9:05 am

It was Handwritten when I first heard the record and now after 6 months, its still the same. Some things will never chance.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten'   POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 11:55 am

It's funny that often the songs I immediately love from an album end up not being my faovurites after awhile as others take longer to grow. For example, on '59 Sound, one of my instant favourites was 'High Lonesome', and now it's not even in my top 5 on that album, but 'Here's Lookin' At You Kid' is my second favourite after the title track, and I never gave it much chance at first...

Anyway, that's the case most of the time, but not with Handwritten. Other then '45', my instant favourites were 'Handwritten', 'Biloxi Parish' and 'Blue Dahlia', and I wasn't keen on 'Keepsake' & 'Desire', and that remains the case still.

Interesting! (not really)
Back to top Go down
Italian__Fallon
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Italian__Fallon

PostSubject: Re: POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten'   POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 2:05 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
Italian__Fallon wrote:

That song is an asshole. Definitely in my top 3 favorite Gaslight songs.

Absolutely agree with you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten'   POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 6:15 pm

Revival!

Mae, Mullholand Drive and Blue Dahlia, even though it was a "bonus" track.
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten'   POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 6:45 am

Here Comes My Man, Handwritten, 45, Howl, Biloxi Paris, Mae and Blue Dahlia. But if I had to chose only one, it would be Howl without a doubt, this song is my Gaslight all time favorite song (and so is this album, sorry ahah).
Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten'   POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten' - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

POLL: favourite new songs on 'Handwritten'
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next