DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Washington, DC ROLL CALL

Go down 
+5
colmillionaire
StitchesOnTheRadio
dustinpardue
acousticbandit
jdc
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

Washington, DC ROLL CALL - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC ROLL CALL   Washington, DC ROLL CALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 11:41 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
jdc wrote:
I
If you paid 5 bucks to "preorder" the album, they gave you a CD booklet to have signed, but they did not have copies of the album to sell, or if they did, even Brian asking them didn't get them to sell them - he said he was told they were not available. I actually believe them, as they showed me they were playing a burned copy ove the store soundsystem. They also gave you a small promo poster and some buttons. Since I'm in DC, they let me and my girlfriend use our 5 bucks as store credit, and we bought some candy and other stuff at the front rather than making the drive back to get our copies.

scratch
I don't understand this. You had to give them only $5 for an album they didn't have, yet had the CD booklet for? But instead you bought candy with it?

Yes.

For $5, you got:
- A wristband that guaranteed entry into the store (they claimed they would clear the store of people without wristbands if it got too crowded, though I do not believe this happened)
- Access to the band at the meet and greet
- A copy of the Handwritten CD booklet, a promo poster, a couple of stickers, and buttons

Because I live in DC, and did not want to make the trek back to Baltimore, they told me and my girlfriend that they would count our deposit as "store credit" and we could use it on anything we wanted, or that they would ship the album to us when they received it. The meet and greet was still crowded and the lines were wrapped around the store, limiting access to the shelves with music, DVDs, etc. so we just bought candy and some other knickknacks at the front. Those Peanut M&Ms were delicious, my friend.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC ROLL CALL   Washington, DC ROLL CALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 2:55 pm

I agree that Peanut M&Ms are delicious.

How the hell did they have the booklet and not the CD? This all sounds really...weird.
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC ROLL CALL   Washington, DC ROLL CALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 4:38 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
I agree that Peanut M&Ms are delicious.

How the hell did they have the booklet and not the CD? This all sounds really...weird.

The guy at the front of the store (who was an assistant manager, apparently) told me that Mercury shipped a box to them with CD booklets (standard only), plus the other assorted swag, and no CDs. They weren't taken out of copies to be sold in store.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC ROLL CALL   Washington, DC ROLL CALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 5:01 pm

Whattt! That's really weird. Oh well. Looked like a good time nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
dustinpardue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC ROLL CALL   Washington, DC ROLL CALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:24 am

I have great audio of the acoustic set I can put up this evening for everyone.
Back to top Go down
dustinpardue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC ROLL CALL   Washington, DC ROLL CALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 2:51 pm

Check out my piece on the U Street gig here:
http://www.examiner.com/article/turn-the-record-over-the-gaslight-anthem-electrifies-washington-dc-7-20-12?CID=examiner_alerts_article
Back to top Go down
MetallicaTourCamper
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC ROLL CALL   Washington, DC ROLL CALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 2:12 am

I attended both the Baltimore instore and the DC show. It was my 5th Gaslight Anthem show this summer. I attended the Brooklyn show, HOB in AC, Orion, and Baltimore instore and DC show. I wish I could have gone tonight to see them at Webster but I had to give up my tickets. Can't wait for them to do a theatre or small arena tour after they open up for Rise Against.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC ROLL CALL   Washington, DC ROLL CALL - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Washington, DC ROLL CALL
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2