DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spam

Go down 
+23
Kosburn59
enola
bringiton
YouCanCallMeSally
Philo
White Man In Hammersmith
kirstyt
azlisa
Debonair
Breanne
plugga
Camus
HorribleCrowe
TGAFAN25
steph
NYYFAN523
NeverTrustAJunkie
JimmyB
Mr.Grieves
StitchesOnTheRadio
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Klown
saltandburn1967
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Spam - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 10:07 am

Paid £1350 for my first year of insurance. That's about as cheap as you could get for a 17yr old. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Spam - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 10:08 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
What's road tax? In VA we have to pay personal property tax on cars and mine is about $100 a year. I hate when that bill comes! Evil or Very Mad

It's a tax on the vehicle emissions, essentially. If you've got a smaller more economical car you won't pay as much.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 10:10 am

Camus wrote:
Paid £1350 for my first year of insurance. That's about as cheap as you could get for a 17yr old. Very Happy

Haha, that sounds insanely exoensive to me! I was on my parents' insurance from the time I was 15-22, and I only paid about $200 a year at the most. It was great! Sigh...finances were so much easier back then.
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

Spam - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 10:10 am

I hate driving haha
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 10:13 am

Camus wrote:
What's road tax? In VA we have to pay personal property tax on cars and mine is about $100 a year. I hate when that bill comes! Evil or Very Mad

It's a tax on the vehicle emissions, essentially. If you've got a smaller more economical car you won't pay as much.

Oh, okay. In VA we have the personal property tax, our vehicles have to be inspected each year to make sure they are safe to be driven on the road, plus tags/registration, so the extras add up to around $200/year for me. Stupid government is trying to bleed me dry! Frying Pan
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Spam - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 10:14 am

Camus wrote:

Haha, that sounds insanely exoensive to me! I was on my parents' insurance from the time I was 15-22, and I only paid about $200 a year at the most. It was great! Sigh...finances were so much easier back then.

My parents' attitude was basically that if I wanted to drive I paid for it myself. Paid for lessons, the car and most of the insurance, and then they helped out a little bit at the end. That was when I actually had money. Razz

Last edited by Camus on Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 10:14 am

HorribleCrowe wrote:
I hate driving haha

I absolutely LOVE driving, I just hate how much it costs to drive, haha! Razz
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 10:17 am

Camus wrote:
Camus wrote:

My parent's attitude was basically that if I wanted to drive I paid for it myself. Paid for lessons, the car and most of the insurance, and then they helped out a little bit at the end. That was when I actually had money. Razz

I paid my portion of the insurance, but it was so minimal, it didn't really affect me. As far as lessons go, we had drivers training in school and it only cost $25, so that was cool. And until I bought my Mustang when I was 22, I drive my dad's old Camry, so I was pretty lucky on the financial front back then. I have always loved driving though. I got my license on my 16th birthday, the first second I could. Cool
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Spam - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 10:21 am

Sounds like you didn't have to fork out too much to get started on driving. It's always good when things work out that way.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 10:23 am

Camus wrote:
Sounds like you didn't have to fork out too much to get started on driving. It's always good when things work out that way.

Yeah, back then it wasn't bad, I'm not sure how it is now though. I started driving in 1997! Razz A lot of it depends on the state though. I know insurance in CA is insanely expensive for some people, it just depends on the circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Spam - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 10:29 am

You start learning so early! I guess it's a bit easier to learn if everyone is driving an automatic, right? Razz
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 10:30 am

Okay, it's official. I hate summer more than anything! It's 9:30 a.m. and the heat index is already 92 degrees. I will never understand people who live around here and love summertime. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 10:35 am

Camus wrote:
You start learning so early! I guess it's a bit easier to learn if everyone is driving an automatic, right? Razz

Definitely! I have never driven a car with a manual transmission and I never will. I want to just put the car in drive and GO! Cool

Each state has different rules, but in VA kids can take a written test and get their learner's permit when they turn 15, which means they can drive with an adult in the car, but not on their own. Once you turn 16 and have completed a driver's training course and passed the test, then you can get your license. Getting my driver's license and finally having the freedom to go anywhere I wanted was one of the best days of my life. I had been waiting to drive since I was a toddler!
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Spam - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 10:38 am

Okay, it's official. I hate summer more than anything! It's 9:30 a.m. and the heat index is already 92 degrees. I will never understand people who live around here and love summertime. Rolling Eyes

The heat index (I think I found a website that calculates it properly, we usually just go on temperatue Razz) is about 50 degrees. I'm almost cold. You need to move somewhere slightly cooler!
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Spam - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 10:39 am

Camus wrote:

Definitely! I have never driven a car with a manual transmission and I never will. I want to just put the car in drive and GO! Cool

Each state has different rules, but in VA kids can take a written test and get their learner's permit when they turn 15, which means they can drive with an adult in the car, but not on their own. Once you turn 16 and have completed a driver's training course and passed the test, then you can get your license. Getting my driver's license and finally having the freedom to go anywhere I wanted was one of the best days of my life. I had been waiting to drive since I was a toddler!

You won't understand how much better it is until you've driven a manual!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 10:43 am

Camus wrote:

The heat index (I think I found a website that calculates it properly, we usually just go on temperatue Razz) is about 50 degrees. I'm almost cold. You need to move somewhere slightly cooler!

Normally we just go by the actual temperature too, but in the summer it's so humid here, that it can easily feel 10-15 degrees hotter than it actually is. Like yesterday it was about 96 degrees, but the heat index was 110, so that's what it felt like when you stepped outside. Today is supposed to be worse. Sad

I would do almost anything for 50 degree weather right now! That would be WONDERFUL! Wanna trade? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 10:45 am

Camus wrote:
Camus wrote:

You won't understand how much better it is until you've driven a manual!

I would stall out in the middle of an intersection and die, either from a car accident or embarrassment! Embarassed Rolling Eyes No thank you!
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Spam - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 10:46 am

I much prefer this cloudy miserable weather to being too hot. I'm gonna stay put but you're welcome to join me. Razz
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Spam - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 10:47 am

I would stall out in the middle of an intersection and die, either from a car accident or embarrassment! Embarassed Rolling Eyes No thank you!

It only takes a bit of practice, it's fine. Very Happy You also have roundabouts to deal with over here. Razz
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 10:51 am

Camus wrote:
I much prefer this cloudy miserable weather to being too hot. I'm gonna stay put but you're welcome to join me. Razz

I'll be there later on today! Razz

Haha, I wish! That weather sounds perfect to me. I love cloudy days and cool temps. When I used to live in Central CA, the temperature was usually in the 60s-70s during the summer and I lived a mile from the beach, so we got fog in the morning and it was just great. Here it's so humid that in the mornings during the summer, the windows actually fog up overnight and it looks so gross outside. Not a nice way to wake up!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 10:51 am

Camus wrote:

It only takes a bit of practice, it's fine. Very Happy You also have roundabouts to deal with over here. Razz

I could never drive in England. You guys drive on the wrong side of the road! Shocked
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 11:27 am

Hello again everyone...I just woke up again....being out till 2 really does a number on one.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 11:31 am

How can you possibly sleep that late? If I'm up until 2:00, I still have a hard time sleeping until 6:30 or 7:00!
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 11:43 am

http://www.justin.tv/moncitycoffeeshop/b/323934252 I start at 25 minutes in. and around 2:41:08

Open Mic night last night.

Last edited by JimmyB on Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 11:44 am

How can you possibly sleep that late? If I'm up until 2:00, I still have a hard time sleeping until 6:30 or 7:00!
It is easy- I had gone about18 hours or so without sleep. Or very few caffinated beverages.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spam - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spam
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next