DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The 59' Sound

Go down 
+19
ambrose
chelseashells
liveit
Jukebox Romeo
The Steve
Snap
syebot
JakobDoetman
hyperballad
billy pilgrim
dandangoose
Stalls_Standing
spraypainthero
solidbob
efofex
JoshRaymond
PatientFabiWheel
e7c
Forum Owner
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

The 59' Sound - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 59' Sound   The 59' Sound - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 3:05 pm

So I told brian that I thought thew 59 sound was a 59 les paul standard guitar because it is considered to by guitar afficiandos to be the finest guitar ever made. And he said. "Nope, that is not it"
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The 59' Sound   The 59' Sound - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 4:57 pm

Not giving anything away is he!
Back to top Go down
LBAZ
A Contender
A Contender
LBAZ

PostSubject: Re: The 59' Sound   The 59' Sound - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 5:10 pm

This is like trying to ask Bruce Springsteen where Thunder Road is.
Him telling you isn't going to happen and it's the same with Brian.
I think it is best to leave the meanings of songs or album names as such to be interpreted by yourself personally. When a songwriter goes into too much detail about what a song means then it ruins it to some extent, especially if you have connected with it in a certain way is that is different from the exact meaning. That is my opnion on it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nomies_alien_lover
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: The 59' Sound   The 59' Sound - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:01 pm

LBAZ wrote:
I think it is best to leave the meanings of songs or album names as such to be interpreted by yourself personally. When a songwriter goes into too much detail about what a song means then it ruins it to some extent, especially if you have connected with it in a certain way is that is different from the exact meaning.

And here's the relevant quote from Brian (Backpackrock.net, March 2009):

"I don't want to tell what the songs are about for me, because then people can't decide for themselves, which is why I write; it's for you to find your own meaning in. For me it's my story, for someone else it's theirs; if I tell exactly what it means, then it's only my story."
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org

PostSubject: Re: The 59' Sound   The 59' Sound - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 5:23 am

e7c wrote:
So I told brian that I thought thew 59 sound was a 59 les paul standard guitar because it is considered to by guitar afficiandos to be the finest guitar ever made. And he said. "Nope, that is not it"

It's an interesting- and obviously now disproven- theory. I do think, as others have said, that songs mean more when you interpret them for yourself.
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: The 59' Sound   The 59' Sound - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 9:02 am

i like making the meanings personal to me. it's also nice that brian keeps them personal to him and doesn't have to explain everything to everyone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 59' Sound   The 59' Sound - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The 59' Sound
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5