DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab)

Go down 
+16
turnitin2004
snakester
eagles1139
saltandburn1967
thomas94
Breanne
1930!
bakerfall
Afzoomie67
JimmyB
Jeff
A_Regular
StitchesOnTheRadio
enola
DeathoftheCool
ral
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab)   Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 11:04 pm

ral wrote:
snakester wrote:
Can anyone tell what the backing vocals are saying behind the "maybe your work will love you" part?

one of these, one of these, one of these days

That's probably my favorite part of the song. Even if that is a bit strange.

"One of these, one of these, one of these, one of these, one of these, one of these days"
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab)   Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 3:10 pm

snakester wrote:
Afzoomie67 wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
MattL wrote:
If Handwritten is emotionally heavier than Here Comes My Man, then expect me to break down into tears.

Haha, I think it all depends on what you relate to most. I've had not fun break ups but never a really bad one so I relate to Here Comes My Man but it doesn't hit home as much as it might for some.

But Handwritten. It's a long story but I connected to that song so much I did tear up when I first heard it. As much as I love and connect to music it take A LOT to get me to actually cry over a song.
You've heard Handwritten?

Probably from the German making of video. It seems like when they play the part about the song Handwritten, they wind up playing the majority of the song.

^^That. I'm basing this off of what I've heard so far in the making of.
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab)   Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 2:12 pm

I looked through the rest of this thread and didn't see anything about it, but does anyone else think that this is the same story as "Bring It On", just from the other character's perspective?

Obviously, both songs are about a girl leaving a guy in a failing relationship and then there's the link between these two lines:

HCMM: "I'll take it out to the streets for somebody else to admire"

BIO: "And take it back out to the streets, where you know you used to be"

Feels to me like these two songs are talking to one another.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab)   Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 3:00 pm

pleasepassthesoup wrote:
I looked through the rest of this thread and didn't see anything about it, but does anyone else think that this is the same story as "Bring It On", just from the other character's perspective?

Obviously, both songs are about a girl leaving a guy in a failing relationship and then there's the link between these two lines:

HCMM: "I'll take it out to the streets for somebody else to admire"

BIO: "And take it back out to the streets, where you know you used to be"

Feels to me like these two songs are talking to one another.
I've thought the same thing. Not to mention musically they're very, very similar.
Back to top Go down
sportshack
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab)   Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 7:45 am

never noticed that before, but totally see it now.
Back to top Go down
megan125
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
megan125

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab)   Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 12:54 am

Here Comes My Man.. is seriously a perfect way to describe my love life right now. Brian hit it right on the nail. "I won't let you drop another tear in my eye, Never mind what you think, Never mind what you like, I'll take it out to the streets for somebody else to admire." One of the best ways to look at a situation in which someone is crushing your heart- bringing it out to the streets for somebody else.

Couldn't have been happier with my most recent purchase Very Happy
https://i.servimg.com/u/f43/17/53/16/36/20192310.jpg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab)   Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3