DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread

Go down 
+95
Hanswurst
Try Me
Chesser19
NYYFAN523
aaydmc2
moonlight
Holland
Grant Michael
stagedive
OldManShoes3
RobertODonnell
TheEmptyBones
drifter69
Yozzy
holdsteady82
Harbortown
Prisoner
Tom1911
rgillies
Danieljsmith
DaleCooper
Breanne
Erik Drost
Camus
J_Bizness
JimmyB
Vibes
turnitin2004
steph
El Jefe
brianisbae
njguy99
rumham
The Angry Johnny Revue
BuddyHolly
Silver
jdc
TheSultanOfSwing
ghosttocoast
Krusimo
bakerfall
HorribleCrowe
simo
bobbyjames
White Man In Hammersmith
riversedge
CluckyB
'49mercury
DeathoftheCool
Daire
snakester
JJW319
A_Regular
J.B.R.
enola
stephendgaf
Christophe
IrishNameAndAnInjury
plugga
Steve70s
AP1989
Kosburn59
jonnyz83
Joe Jack
TGAFAN25
bringiton
19thirty
IKeeptheDiner
YouCanCallMeSally
Bea
kirstyt
StitchesOnTheRadio
luckyman
oh_megan
Jerseyrain
brucesboots
Shrewsbury_Stars
Jeff
TGAforLIFE
eagles1139
saltandburn1967
thomas94
Debonair
LuceroDiehard
SirBrad
ral
CasanovaBaby90
songs like a comfort
Down by the Mersey
40 Miler
acousticbandit
azlisa
Jack
Rock bus
Klown
99 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 5:43 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Shannon I am so sorry for caving. Please forgive me Crying or Very sad

Aw, don't worry, I forgive you! Hug Are you okay? Did hearing the samples ruin it for you? I hope not!

Hug Thanks I thought I had lost you for a minute then geek I wouldn't say it has ruined it because they were really short clips so it's hard to pick up the sound of the song exactly. I'm kind of glad I listened to them though as at least I'm not as anxious to hear something before release day now. Wish I had your willpower though! Keep strong Very Happy

Aw, you won't lose me! Razz

I waited to hear Elsie when the album came in the mail, so I can do the same for Handwritten. IT'S JUST SO PAINFULLY DIFFICULT! Sad

You've done amazing to last this long with everyone talking about it! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 5:48 pm

njguy99 wrote:
JJW319 wrote:
Who still hasn't jumped ship and is on board with me??!

I'm holding out!
High Five

Me too! High Five

I'm not losing my Handwritten virginity that easily! I didn't watch the video either, so I've only heard the three songs they've played live (and I found a HCYM studio stream after that, since they debuted it).
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 5:50 pm

jdc wrote:
njguy99 wrote:
JJW319 wrote:

I'm holding out!
High Five

Me too! High Five

I'm not losing my Handwritten virginity that easily! I didn't watch the video either, so I've only heard the three songs they've played live (and I found a HCYM studio stream after that, since they debuted it).

I lost my Handwritten virginity as quick as I lost my real virginity. :/ When the opportunity was there I just took it Sad
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 6:00 pm

Holy hell. Biloxi Parish is IMMENSE.

The snare sounds like something taken out of an 80s production. So awesome.
Back to top Go down
Yozzy
A Contender
A Contender
Yozzy

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 6:01 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:

I lost my Handwritten virginity as quick as I lost my real virginity. :/ When the opportunity was there I just took it Sad

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 6:03 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
jdc wrote:
njguy99 wrote:
JJW319 wrote:

I'm holding out!
High Five

Me too! High Five

drunken scratch Laughing

I didn't watch Here Comes My Man, or hear the stream. And I refuse to watch any live versions of Biloxi from 2012. Less than 3 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 6:05 pm

JJW319 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
jdc wrote:
njguy99 wrote:
JJW319 wrote:

I'm holding out!
High Five

Me too! High Five

drunken scratch Laughing

I didn't watch Here Comes My Man, or hear the stream. And I refuse to watch any live versions of Biloxi from 2012. Less than 3 weeks.

affraid WOW. Clap
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 6:08 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Holy hell. Biloxi Parish is IMMENSE.

The snare sounds like something taken out of an 80s production. So awesome.

I feel like it'll be my favorite
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 6:18 pm

I know it's only a really short clip but for me the standout track is definitely Blue Dahlia. I wonder how this didn't make the final normal version of the album. It gives me goosebumps every time.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 6:22 pm

I hope the actual physical CD doesn't sound like these Amazon previews though. I don't know if it's just me but the sound quality is terrible. Really tinny. I don't think it will though because when HCMM streamed on their website it sounded great. Hopefully that's the case with the rest of the album.
Back to top Go down
Yozzy
A Contender
A Contender
Yozzy

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:03 pm

Christophe wrote:
I know it's only a really short clip but for me the standout track is definitely Blue Dahlia. I wonder how this didn't make the final normal version of the album. It gives me goosebumps every time.

How are you listening to Blue Dahlia? I don't see any of the bonus tracks. :/
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:22 pm

Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Shannon I am so sorry for caving. Please forgive me Crying or Very sad

Aw, don't worry, I forgive you! Hug Are you okay? Did hearing the samples ruin it for you? I hope not!

Hug Thanks I thought I had lost you for a minute then geek I wouldn't say it has ruined it because they were really short clips so it's hard to pick up the sound of the song exactly. I'm kind of glad I listened to them though as at least I'm not as anxious to hear something before release day now. Wish I had your willpower though! Keep strong Very Happy

Aw, you won't lose me! Razz

I waited to hear Elsie when the album came in the mail, so I can do the same for Handwritten. IT'S JUST SO PAINFULLY DIFFICULT! Sad

You've done amazing to last this long with everyone talking about it! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Thank you! I'm actually kind of surprised that I didn't sign on to Amazon immediately and click play! Razz
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:24 pm

Yozzy wrote:
Christophe wrote:

How are you listening to Blue Dahlia? I don't see any of the bonus tracks. :/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008H0DX0E/ref=dm_att_alb3
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:29 pm

Christophe wrote:
I hope the actual physical CD doesn't sound like these Amazon previews though. I don't know if it's just me but the sound quality is terrible. Really tinny. I don't think it will though because when HCMM streamed on their website it sounded great. Hopefully that's the case with the rest of the album.

Of course not
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:48 pm

Ahhhhhh Sliver! Loving brians Cobain impression, Classic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
TheEmptyBones
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TheEmptyBones

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:50 pm

Is Teenage Rebellion a cover?
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 8:27 pm

i haven't listened to anything other than 45, one of the first recordings of Biloxi Parish, and the making of that featured a few songs. i'm having a surprisingly easy time avoiding this and being able to wait til the record's out. though, i should say, that is not a reflection on Gaslight, just me!

i still need to preorder the vinyl, i just got overwhelmed with all the ridiculous bundles...
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 8:29 pm

You missed the rare uk pressing :<
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 8:30 pm

i don't care about variants. i just want the vinyl, pretty much. can't be bothered to sort thru all the bundles. got enough posters already, too.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm

Kinda mad at myself for listening to the National Anthem snippet. From this moment forward I am going to try to stay as removed from Handwritten as possible - no 45, no biloxi, no here comes my man....till it leaks (and I pray to god when it leaks the quality is CD quality and not like the streams on the website or in these amazon previews.)
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 9:15 pm

Leaks are always cd quality
Back to top Go down
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 10:42 pm

steph wrote:

i haven't listened to anything other than 45, one of the first recordings of Biloxi Parish, and the making of that featured a few songs. i'm having a surprisingly easy time avoiding this and being able to wait til the record's out. though, i should say, that is not a reflection on Gaslight, just me!

i still need to preorder the vinyl, i just got overwhelmed with all the ridiculous bundles...
Same here (I've only listened to the Biloxi Parish sample, since I've heard the live version so much anyway). I'm probably finding it so easy because I remember how the Elsie samples very nearly ruined the album for me, and I just know I won't be able to stop listening to them once I start.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 11:52 pm

Christophe wrote:
JJW319 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
jdc wrote:
njguy99 wrote:
JJW319 wrote:

I'm holding out!
High Five

Me too! High Five

drunken scratch Laughing

affraid WOW. Clap

cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 11:53 pm

I heard the samples but I quickly forgot them so I can be surprised on release day.

I also didn't spoil Blue Dahlia or National Anthem at all, so I can be totally blown away
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 11:57 pm

Harry Lime wrote:
steph wrote:

Same here (I've only listened to the Biloxi Parish sample, since I've heard the live version so much anyway). I'm probably finding it so easy because I remember how the Elsie samples very nearly ruined the album for me, and I just know I won't be able to stop listening to them once I start.

exactly. i'm kind of an all-or-nothing person, so if i really think about it and let myself get excited and listen to the samples...ugh. no thanks Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread
Page 21 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24 ... 28  Next