DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)

Go down 
+126
cdala
33RPMHero
thebiglebowski
Halcyon
Breanne
HolyBreakOfDay
betweenthewaxandtheneedle
visible_karma
sandinista
TrickyNick
encobel
henn
big blue
moonlight
OutOfStep
The Cool
AlrightToDrive
Reinvent good times
Tiffany
spork13
Hanswurst
HeardItLikeAShot
HighLonesome
janiejones
infoghost
redheadchick
'49mercury
matkins
19thirty
logan2u
moodydan
JonnyisRFC
pjpitt89
luckyman
Paddy
Holland
Hirti
DiamondSinatra
Emusic
SubconsciousRitual
onbackstreetsinbackseats
Kosburn59
kirstyt
TheContender
RandyMachoManCabbage
NeverSeenaTwoStep
El Jefe
bringiton_ty
CapedAvenger
thurman
dancs85
pjjankunas
bt211
dustinpardue
ManasquanMike
EveryLittleSecret
cruzila
megan125
Nothingman
oli1980
Shrewsbury_Stars
steph
Rizz
prettyontheinsidex
AGoodTime
outerheaven
cmigs
fatbench
loazis
failurebytopher
MetallicaTourCamper
DeathoftheCool
Keeb631
westwingjl
TGAforLIFE
JimmyB
Zach_Edelman
sadly_ecstatic
steady now steady now
rumham
YouCanCallMeSally
Velocity
mvw
miked331
Grant Michael
ashleybb
TGAFAN25
Casey
oh_megan
SirBrad
A_Regular
bakerfall
Down by the Mersey
White Man In Hammersmith
saltandburn1967
fullcollapse
J.B.R.
njguy99
ral
brucesboots
JJW319
plugga
jdc
Debonair
Mikael
Jerseyrain
bringiton
Van Der Twix
LuceroDiehard
VanillaMintFusion
Camus
moosicmaniac
Daire
Raoul_Duke
Labhras
Joe Thumb
NYYFAN523
NeverTrustAJunkie
EmptySoul89
colmillionaire
simo
azlisa
IrishNameAndAnInjury
StitchesOnTheRadio
Klown
enola
130 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 3:40 pm

White Man In Hammersmith wrote:
bakerfall wrote:
rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
brucesboots wrote:
the only problem with picking tix up at the venue , in most cases you cant get to the box office to collect tickets untill the doors open, there goes getting to the front.

Easy solution: Get there early, talk with the people in line, ask them to save you a spot at the front if you don't have your tickets in time. Then when the time comes, get your tickets after people have gone in, and politely work your way through the crowd to your spot your new found friends have saved for you.

3 birds with one stone- get your tickets, get a spot in front, AND NEW GASLIGHT FRIENDS!!! (WOOHOO!!! I love gaslight friends Very Happy)

Seriously guys, this isn't something to worry about. They're creating this fan club with will call only, there is going to be a separate window and you'll be able to pick up well before doors. I promise Smile

You seem to know a lot about it...*cough*insider*cough*

Not an insider, just have gone to a shitload of shows and been several different fan clubs and they all work this way. Gaslight isn't reinventing the wheel, they're taking most of their queues from a fan club I've been in for 18 years.

Last edited by bakerfall on Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 3:41 pm

ashleybb wrote:
Yeah, I'm not into paying double for shows where I want to go alone. Standard fan club practice? I've never been a member of a fan club where I was required to buy two tickets. Apparently that's a Pearl Jam thing, but I'm not a member of their fan club, sooooo...

I did join the 45RPM club for the other stuff, though. $25 isn't a bad price. The pre-sale just sounds too complicated to be worth it. I probably won't participate in that part unless they add meet and greet or soundcheck opportunities at some point.

Ten club, Warehouse (DMB) and Roll Call (MMJ) all sell tickets in pairs only. I know of others that do as well, I actually don't remember ever seeing one that didn't.
Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson
White Man In Hammersmith

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 3:42 pm

bakerfall wrote:

Not an insider, just have gone to a shitload of shows and been several different fan clubs and they all this work. Gaslight isn't reinventing the wheel, they're taking most of their queues from a fan club I've been in for 18 years.

haha I didn't say they were my friend.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 3:44 pm

Who's MMJ?

Anyway, maybe I'm underestimating their popularity but surely they're not gonna be selling out arena/small stadiums in minutes? I fear they maybe losing the run of themselves with this a little bit.
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 3:45 pm

Also judging by infinite merchs roster it seems like theyre a good fit for gaslight. It's hardly Wiggs and Matty?
Back to top Go down
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 3:47 pm

Daire wrote:
Who's MMJ?

Anyway, maybe I'm underestimating their popularity but surely they're not gonna be selling out arena/small stadiums in minutes? I fear they maybe losing the run of themselves with this a little bit.

My morning jacket.

They did a lot of this in response to how fast the NYC shows sold out. Most of the rest of this tour took weeks to small out small clubs. They're a long way off from really needing a fan club like this for tickets, but good for them for doing it.
Back to top Go down
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 3:51 pm

ral wrote:
njguy99 wrote:
Debonair wrote:
Bluuu wrote:
Imagine if one of us has membership #1

Most likely one of us does have it because we found it before gaslight even announced the website and fan club. It would most likely be njguy99 because he was the first person to post on here that he bought it.

Oh god I'll poop myself if I'm #1. I promise not to hog all the ticket offers... farao

hah. not to burst your bubble but I placed an order right before it was posted here. my email confirmation was sent at 10:47 est.

10:55 here Smile
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 3:52 pm

bakerfall wrote:
ral wrote:
njguy99 wrote:
Debonair wrote:
Bluuu wrote:

Most likely one of us does have it because we found it before gaslight even announced the website and fan club. It would most likely be njguy99 because he was the first person to post on here that he bought it.

Oh god I'll poop myself if I'm #1. I promise not to hog all the ticket offers... farao

hah. not to burst your bubble but I placed an order right before it was posted here. my email confirmation was sent at 10:47 est.

You guys win geek
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:04 pm

njguy99 wrote:
bakerfall wrote:
ral wrote:
njguy99 wrote:
Debonair wrote:
Bluuu wrote:

You guys win geek

Haha, darn I was close 11:04.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:11 pm

1:35. Damn every time I take a lunch break and leave Internetland I miss out on something breaking. Last week it was a fake show at The Living Room.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:17 pm

What happened at the living room??
Back to top Go down
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:19 pm

Bluuu wrote:
What happened at the living room??

Pollstar farmed a fake date from etix website and people bought tickets to what amounted to a test link.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:20 pm

lolll
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:21 pm

so....those of you who joined....yous receive anything yet via email besides the order confirmation from infinite merch (and paypal, if you went that route?)...

just want to make sure i'm not missing something...
Back to top Go down
Grant Michael
A Contender
A Contender
Grant Michael

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:31 pm

ashleybb wrote:
Yeah, I'm not into paying double for shows where I want to go alone. Standard fan club practice? I've never been a member of a fan club where I was required to buy two tickets. Apparently that's a Pearl Jam thing, but I'm not a member of their fan club, sooooo...

I did join the 45RPM club for the other stuff, though. $25 isn't a bad price. The pre-sale just sounds too complicated to be worth it. I probably won't participate in that part unless they add meet and greet or soundcheck opportunities at some point.
Hang on a second, are you THIS ashleybb?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasminefoxedme/sets/72157629853673010/
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:34 pm

Anyone worried about the ticketing process should not. This entire club is basically a carbon copy of Pearl Jams. They even copied PJs new ticket police and far as the drawings vs buying them direct from a site. Trust me people as a long time ten club member the drawing is the way to go.before they switched it the PJ ticket buying process was a nightmare. But they got it fixed and all the others member benefits like the merch/vinyl all payoff.
Back to top Go down
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:42 pm

miked331 wrote:
Anyone worried about the ticketing process should not. This entire club is basically a carbon copy of Pearl Jams. They even copied PJs new ticket police and far as the drawings vs buying them direct from a site. Trust me people as a long time ten club member the drawing is the way to go.before they switched it the PJ ticket buying process was a nightmare. But they got it fixed and all the others member benefits like the merch/vinyl all payoff.

Personally, for as big as a pain in the ass as the ten club ticket process was, I got tix to every show I ever wanted. The lottery just takes it out of my control, so I don't like it. I'd rather be in control of my own destiny.

I think it will be fine for Gaslight 99% of the time.
Back to top Go down
mvw
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:56 pm

Hell everyone. cheers I just joined the 45 club and the forum as well. I have been a Gaslight Anthem fan since about 2009 I think confused. I am a 10club member as well, and if this will be anything like their fanclub you should have no worries and all will be great. Ticket sales will be very rewarding especially with reserved seats. For GA shows I'm sure they allow early entry to get you as close to the stage as possible. The annual 7" will be a treat each year as well. That is my favorite perk with the 10C.

My only question is how the hell are they going to know what size t-shirt I wear??? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Velocity
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Velocity

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 5:03 pm

I'm excited about this, I just wish I didn't have to buy tickets in pairs. I'm a loser and like going to concerts alone xD I mean, I could always sell the other, it's just a hassle I might not want to deal with. But whatever.
Back to top Go down
YouCanCallMeSally
A Contender
A Contender
YouCanCallMeSally

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 5:20 pm

Member!
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/rubychaos
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 5:22 pm

Honestly, i don't get this... if this is about stopping scalpers why not just play larger venues in the NYC/NJ area or put on 2 or 3 shows in these larger markets. Other than saying i'm part of the club, is it really practical for securing show tickets anywhere else other than NYC/NJ where the demand is significantly higher? I'm not saying they should be playing MSG obviously, but there has to be larger venues other than Webster Hall that they could play in NYC. For $25 the merchandise alone is probably worth it, but limiting fans to reserved seats and forcing them to buy 2 is pretty tacky of them. If this is about rewarding their real fans then there should be GA included.

Last edited by chanter on Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 5:23 pm

chanter wrote:
Honestly, i don't get this... if this is about stopping scalpers why not just play larger venues in the NYC/NJ area or put on 2 or 3 shows in these larger markets. Other than saying i'm part of the club, is it really practical for securing show tickets anywhere else other than NYC/NJ where the demand is significantly higher? I'm not saying they should be playing MSG obviously, but there has to be larger venues other than Webster Hall that they could play in NYC.

It's about getting fan club shiz, they've been around for bands since forever
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 5:52 pm

"We decided to create a place where our fans could talk to other fans"

ahem ...

anyway, I have spoken to TGA's manager about whether there might be an official forum, but have heard nothing back

I remember Springsteen/Sony pulling his official forum after a while, because of trouble with boots and rips etc.

I'd like to think that this will remain the place to be, as long as we do our job well and keep a lid on anything that would damage the band we all love
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson
White Man In Hammersmith

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 6:26 pm

Fan forums always seem to do better anyway. Green Day Authority and The Flag And Emblem (stiff little fingers) spring to mind.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 6:30 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
"We decided to create a place where our fans could talk to other fans"

ahem ...

anyway, I have spoken to TGA's manager about whether there might be an official forum, but have heard nothing back

I remember Springsteen/Sony pulling his official forum after a while, because of trouble with boots and rips etc.

I'd like to think that this will remain the place to be, as long as we do our job well and keep a lid on anything that would damage the band we all love

We will do whatever it takes to secure and support our little haven here Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next