DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

45 RPM club membership prolongation

Go down 
+19
ashleybb
cdala
flannel
jeff1818
steady now steady now
miked331
ral
moosicmaniac
brucesboots
Rose1991
Jersey-Chris
Shrewsbury_Stars
StitchesOnTheRadio
cmigs
bt211
CapedAvenger
GlennR
luckyman
enola
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

45 RPM club membership prolongation Empty
PostSubject: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 10:12 am

Did anyone of you receive any information about the prolongation of your 45rpm memberships? I didn't and have learned today that mine has expired which resulted in not getting any of the newsletters regarding the European dates.

Not happy about that :/
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
luckyman
A Contender
A Contender
luckyman

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 11:22 am

Not had any info about renewing membership or anything about European dates.
Back to top Go down
GlennR
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 11:32 am

I got a prompt email response when I inquired today.

The answer I got from the customer service email revealed that:
1. No "renewal" email reminders or similar were sent out;
2. There is no way to purchase a "renewal" of you membership; because
3. The only way to "renew" is to purchase a "new" membership.

---
It is unfortunate that they still cannot run this club properly.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 1:17 pm

Yes, unfortunately this is not an ideal process.

They are in the process of transitioning from one merchandise company to the other. And if I understood it right they will inform the fans about the 45rpm related news and new perks then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 5:09 pm

OK, so potentially stupid question: How do i check if my membership has expired or not?

EDIT - As i originally purchased in June '12 and renewed in August '13, i would guess it has expired, without notification. Can't see a method to renew (or buy new, for that matter) on the site.
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 9:10 pm

CapedAvenger wrote:
OK, so potentially stupid question: How do i check if my membership has expired or not?

EDIT - As i originally purchased in June '12 and renewed in August '13, i would guess it has expired, without notification. Can't see a method to renew (or buy new, for that matter) on the site.

Just email them at 45rpmclub@gmail.com and they'll look up your name. I was on a similar timeline as you, and then there was an automatic extension until the end of 2014. You can then purchase a new membership. I think it's still best to email first so that they can link your new order to your login. My login was still working even though my membership had expired.
I was impressed how quickly they got back to me. I wouldn't expect that this is anybody's full time job and it was even on a Sunday.
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 2:19 pm

Would it have been that hard to keep rolling people over until they were finally ready to roll out the new club year?
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 3:30 pm

I asked about what I'd receive if I ordered the vinyl package now. Reply was...

"You will receive the new 2015 merchandise which is currently in production. Everyone who has ordered since November is in the same boat. Thanks for your patience."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 9:59 am

I kept emailing at the end of the year because I remembered that everyone was to be extended to then because of the issues the year before. I was finally told to just purchase a new membership to keep it going even though there was communication at some point that renewal instructions would be coming. It sounds like there is no "seniority" as was outlined originally. I'm guessing they won't be playing many seated venues anytime soon, so I guess it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Would just be nice to finally get it running smoothly and consistently I guess.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 4:05 am

Question to those who know their membership expired but have yet to renew... If you log in on the 45rpm club site, and click on ticket pre-sale, does it show you the presale code for the Australia dates from a couple months ago?

I ask because that seems like something that wouldn't be visible if my membership expired. I want to get my "full money's worth" and not renew until absolutely necessary but I'm on track with other day 1 members so I'd think it would be expired by now. scratch
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 8:40 am

I would just email them and ask when you expire. They respond in like 5 minutes. I was a day 1 member too and they told me that I don't expire until April.

Last edited by Shrewsbury_Stars on Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jersey-Chris
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Jersey-Chris

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 5:25 pm

I still can log-in into the homepage and See the presale for Australia but my membership expired August 2014. I email es them after i did not get any email for the pre sale for europe.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 4:20 am

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
I would just email them and ask when you expire. They respond in like 5 minutes. I was a day 1 member too and they told me that I don't expire until April.

Just did. Wow, not till April? Did you wait till like the last possible day to renew last time or something?

Also if they're really responding that quickly nowadays then at least we can finally put SOMETHING in the "improved" category for this club cheers . If I recall, it used to be a real pain to get ahold of them right? Hopefully it's a sign of things to come.
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 4:25 am

Is it a rule that all online fanclubs have to be a massive pain in the ass? The Goo Goo Dolls' one is a nightmare.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 5:20 am

i e mailed them and they said my membership is up till 1st July , but thanks for the reminder to keep track of it.
Back to top Go down
moosicmaniac
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 6:31 pm

Here's my correspondence with 45rpm... No idea how my seniority status will transfer. I doubt that it will and I bet this is all lip service on their part.  Also, every online subscription I've ever been a part of will notify you when it is going to expire.  The fact that it's "I am in charge" of it is bullshit.  Gonna dump another $25 (edit: 40. forgot about that) into this and hope that I don't end up getting screwed.

Hello,

Can you please tell me when my club membership expires?  I can't find the date anywhere and would like to maintain my seniority status (#00541).

Thanks,
Dan

Casanova Baby
11:31 AM (5 hours ago)

to me
Dear Dan,

It is showing that your membership has in fact expired. All you need to do is simply purchase a new one, and it will be reinstated. It lasts for one year, so please mark your calendar accordingly. Thanks for checking in!

Best,

Peter

11:36 AM (5 hours ago)

to Casanova
Will I maintain my seniority status? It was mentioned that it would count for something and I was never notified of my expiration date.

Casanova Baby
11:37 AM (5 hours ago)

to me
Dan,

Yes you will. You are in charge of your account expiration, the memberships are 1 year terms.

Best,

TGA
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 9:29 pm

I emailed as well and got the same response as the first one there. They have to be getting sick of people emailing by now. I wonder why they don't send out a generic one explaining that.

Honestly, if it's difficult for them to send out reminders or something about expiration dates then they should just have somewhere on the site where you can at all times see when you signed up so you know without asking when your start date is.

I'm sure that that's lip service about the seniority thing like you said. For one, I'm pretty sure they stopped giving out numbers after the first year. Also, seniority actually was never promised to be a thing. In fact, they promised the opposite.

So don't hold your breath on that one.

Side note: When I bought another membership it asked me my shirt size as usual. I used to put medium because IM's women's shirts run small, but if they're dealing with a different company now, I'm not sure that's the best idea? Anyone else thought about this at all?
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 10:54 pm

Gaslight still uses the same t-shirt brand as the 2013 45 RPM shirts, do I'd stick your prior shirt size.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 2:38 am

cmigs wrote:
Gaslight still uses the same t-shirt brand as the 2013 45 RPM shirts, do I'd stick your prior shirt size.

Not that I don't trust your word, but how do you know if you have yet to receive a shirt from the club since they changed hands or whatever is going on?
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 9:50 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
cmigs wrote:

Not that I don't trust your word, but how do you know if you have yet to receive a shirt from the club since they changed hands or whatever is going on?

I've bought t-shirts at multiple shows since then, and it's always been the same brand (Tultex). Anything is possible, but if I had to wager, it'll be the same brand of shirt.
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 1:48 pm

Anyone else just received a pre-sale email for new dates between 16 & 22 July?

Seems like i'm still receiving mails, despite not renewing. Bizarrely.
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 1:59 pm

I did as well. A little annoyed that they are sending e-mails to people who have not renewed yet - makes me think I should have waited to renew.

Found my original membership card while going through some stuff - no. 170. Remember when we thought that might matter?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 5:30 am

I'm just annoyed that they sent the email as the tickets went on sale. It would've been nice to have like 24 hours notice in order to have a chance to discover the email before the tickets were gone. This is the ONE thing the club still has going for it, and now here I find myself waiting for the general sale.

If I role my eyes like an annoyed teenager one more time because of this club, I think they're gonna get stuck like that, haha. But I guess if I keep renewing then I'm the idiot, right? Year 3 is off to a great start Rolling Eyes

EDIT: Or ticketmaster just played a trick on me...wups. Please carry on and ignore my stupid rant Smile

Last edited by StitchesOnTheRadio on Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 6:22 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
I'm just annoyed that they sent the email as the tickets went on sale. It would've been nice to have like 24 hours notice in order to have a chance to discover the email before the tickets were gone. This is the ONE thing the club still has going for it, and now here I find myself waiting for the general sale.

If I role my eyes like an annoyed teenager one more time because of this club, I think they're gonna get stuck like that, haha. But I guess if I keep renewing then I'm the idiot, right? Year 3 is off to a great start Rolling Eyes

while I agree that they should be giving fan club members notice before tickets go on sale, you should try Ticketmaster again because as of right now there are tickets available for all the shows.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 3:51 pm

it didn't work on my computer but I did get it to work on my phone. That's not the first time ticketmaster has been glitchy like that. I should've tried my phone earlier. Glad I was wrong about the club doing something dumb.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

45 RPM club membership prolongation
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next