DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 5:00 pm

simo wrote:
Yeah that was good. In St. Louis he pulled out his wallet and offered some guy $20 to stop talking. He shut up pretty quickly. Don't think he got the money though.

Haha, nice. I don't get why people have to be rude to bands at concerts. It always pisses me off. I am glad everyone clapped once the dude shut up. The girl next to me kept asking my friend and I to take pictures for her since she was so short. She was cracking me up the entire time.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 6:15 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
simo wrote:
Yeah that was good. In St. Louis he pulled out his wallet and offered some guy $20 to stop talking. He shut up pretty quickly. Don't think he got the money though.

Haha, nice. I don't get why people have to be rude to bands at concerts. It always pisses me off. I am glad everyone clapped once the dude shut up. The girl next to me kept asking my friend and I to take pictures for her since she was so short. She was cracking me up the entire time.

I'm glad he's standing up to people more about this. What was the guy doing? shouting requests?
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 6:23 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
simo wrote:

I'm glad he's standing up to people more about this. What was the guy doing? shouting requests?

I think he yelled, "Shut the fuck up!" to Brian if I remember correctly. Total douchebag.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 6:26 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
simo wrote:

I think he yelled, "Shut the fuck up!" to Brian if I remember correctly. Total douchebag.

Seriously? Like the incessant requests for Springsteen songs or the drunken shouting is bad enough but this guy had the nerve to say that? I'd tell him off and then keep talking even longer.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 6:27 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
simo wrote:

Seriously? Like the incessant requests for Springsteen songs or the drunken shouting is bad enough but this guy had the nerve to say that? I'd tell him off and then keep talking even longer.

Yeah. Brian told him to shut up and then laughed at him at told him he payed admission. He then told him to visit their ticket guy in the back and he would be happy to repay him for the ticket he bought. Then he continued on whatever he was talking about.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 6:31 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
simo wrote:

Yeah. Brian told him to shut up and then laughed at him at told him he payed admission. He then told him to visit their ticket guy in the back and he would be happy to repay him for the ticket he bought. Then he continued on whatever he was talking about.

I'm glad he had a sense of humor about it but he shouldn't have to put up with it. Can these people just not come to shows? That's more tickets for the rest of us.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 6:36 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
simo wrote:

I'm glad he had a sense of humor about it but he shouldn't have to put up with it. Can these people just not come to shows? That's more tickets for the rest of us.

Rude people like that don't deserve entry into venues to see concerts. I wish they would have dragged him out and beaten him. Smile
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 6:46 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
simo wrote:

Rude people like that don't deserve entry into venues to see concerts. I wish they would have dragged him out and beaten him. Smile

Haha can we start "The Gaslight Anthem Shitty Fan Sniper Squad"? Only instead of bullets use tranquilizers (no need to murder them. although it's tempting). Some asshole says something and someone in the balcony just takes them out. haha.

Just kidding! (sort of)
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 8:15 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
simo wrote:

Haha can we start "The Gaslight Anthem Shitty Fan Sniper Squad"? Only instead of bullets use tranquilizers (no need to murder them. although it's tempting). Some asshole says something and someone in the balcony just takes them out. haha.

Just kidding! (sort of)

Haha, i hope you aren't kidding....cause I love the idea. People like that need to be dealt with one way or another. This is a perfect way to resolve this issue!
Back to top Go down
TheContender
A Contender
A Contender
TheContender

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 8:49 pm

knuckles wrote:
TheContender wrote:
UNBELIEVABLE....man, the venue was so intimate...what does the Bottleneck hold..maybe 500-700?

think it's closer to 300-350, from what i saw on the internet.

and man, what a show. yeah, it was hot, and the place is kinda a dump, but it was so intimate.

took a few pics...

the sign that the bar made up on their chalkboard as you walked in to the place:
Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL - Page 2 GaslightKS2

me, yappin with Benny before the show. he was messing with a video game thingy at the end of the bar. pretty sociable guy...
Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL - Page 2 MeAndBenny

aaaand... the boys hitting the stage, playing "Great Expectations":
Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL - Page 2 GaslightKS1

who was the extra guitar player? Ian?

Dude, in the pic with Benny, my wife and I are RIGHT behind you. She has the strapless outfit on and I'm to her left. Ha! That's awesome.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 12:29 am

saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
simo wrote:

Just kidding! (sort of)

Haha, i hope you aren't kidding....cause I love the idea. People like that need to be dealt with one way or another. This is a perfect way to resolve this issue!

Haha there may be some legal matters to get around. Otherwise I'm all for it!

I can see it now. Guy shouts "shut the fuck up" Brian opens his mouth to shout back but stops short when the guy falls asleep. Mystery sniper disappears into the dark. Fans pass the guy over to security and the show continues without a fuss.
Back to top Go down
TheContender
A Contender
A Contender
TheContender

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 1:48 pm

Full set list:

Great Expectations
Old White Lincoln
Even Cowgirls Get the Blues
American Slang
I'da Called You Woody, Joe
Angry Johnny
Blue Jeans
Film Noir
Diamond Church Street Choir
Here Comes My Man
We came to Dance
Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis
Wooderson
Here's looking at you Kid
The Backseat

Encore
She Loves You
State of Love and Trust (PJ cover)
Lower Chelsea
'59 Sound
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 2:12 pm

Thanks. I went ahead and put that up on Setlist.FM. http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-gaslight-anthem/2012/the-bottleneck-lawrence-ks-1bdca5c8.html

Also the Angry Johnny tag was "Gypsy" by Fleetwood Mac, I think, but can anyone confirm?
Back to top Go down
TheContender
A Contender
A Contender
TheContender

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 8:32 pm

Thanks for doing that.

I"m really not sure, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2