DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?

Go down 
+69
Matilda Noir
A_Regular
Yozzy
gking92
punkrox889
sonsofregret
megan125
JJW319
drifter69
enola
Chappers
Keeb631
mrlisc2
OldManShoes3
CASANOVA, BILLY!
eagles1139
CapedAvenger
StopAndSlideToTheRight
redheadchick
Whiskey1
gaslightfan89
stephendgaf
RaquelWaltz
bringiton_ty
honestwithme
steph
telemark
sadly_ecstatic
YouCanCallMeSally
saltandburn1967
moosicmaniac
TGAforLIFE
rgillies
Noa
riversedge
ThisMachineKillsFascists
YNWA182
LaGuitarLady
TheContender
Danieljsmith
The Angry Johnny Revue
White Man In Hammersmith
Reinvent good times
Steve70s
SirPaco
NeverTrustAJunkie
acousticbandit
njguy99
Ghost
'49mercury
Jerseyrain
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
Jack
StitchesOnTheRadio
azlisa
bakerfall
simo
Casey
Shrewsbury_Stars
Harbortown
marcsnitz
nebraska
CluckyB
JimmyB
colmillionaire
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Camus
Daire
Christophe
73 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 3:06 pm

This went from least favorite song to trashing entire albums. Nice. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 3:19 pm

At least this hasn't turned into an Ian Perkins-bashing session.... yet sunny
Back to top Go down
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 3:30 pm

njguy99 wrote:
At least this hasn't turned into an Ian Perkins-bashing session.... yet sunny

Haha, Ian didn't play on those albums Smile

I wasn't bashing any album, just utterly shocked anyone would think '59 sound was their weakest album.
Back to top Go down
SirPaco
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SirPaco

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 3:44 pm

I dont really like the very beginning of Boxer. The quick little:

Got your pride and your prose
Tucked just like a Tommy gun
Somewhere in the smoke
Just in case you need it...

Before the actual songs starts

Once the actual song starts, it's fucking awesome....it's just that intro that bugs me. I'm glad they cut that part out on the iTunes sessions version. I really like it slowed down
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 3:50 pm

Back to top Go down
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:24 pm

Cowgirls get the blues.

and then runner up least fave-- Ida called you woody, Joe.
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:30 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
This went from least favorite song to trashing entire albums. Nice. Rolling Eyes

haha i wasn't trashing it. it's all relative, and since it's gaslight we're talking about it's still an incredible album. cheers
Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson
White Man In Hammersmith

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:41 pm

Really surprised at some of the responses here! haha "I'da called you Woody, Joe", "Boxer", "American Slang", "Stay Lucky" are some of my favourites! If I had to pick a least favourite, it'd be.....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 7:46 pm

My post from the 45 on the charts thread. Just gonna leave this here.

The Angry Johnny Revue wrote:

Was in the middle of making a lengthy post about why in the recently created least favourite song thread but my computer randomly shut down so I'll do it here instead. Basically to me it sounds like a watered down pop-punk version of Pearl Jam. One thing that I love about Gaslight so much is the deep lyrics, but in 45 the lyrics are trying to be deep but just come across as cheesy. The song lacks the special originality that every single previous Gaslight song has had, I really don't get that feeling that there's nobody else out there creating this sound. With this song I feel that anyone of those kinds of haircut bands that play on the warped tour could've written and performed this. Also I guess I was hoping/expecting a rawer saound in Brian's vocals given how the iTunes session turned out. It was bound to happen eventually, and it's not an uncommon thing but it's a shame my favourite band has managed to right a song that I actually hate. 45 has absolutely nothing on every other song this badn has ever done. I go on about how fantastic Gaslight our to anyone who will give me the time of day and quite frankly I would just be embarrassed to show anyone this song after making such a fuss about the band.

Not everyone's opinion but it's good to get that off my chest.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 7:53 pm

bakerfall wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:
acousticbandit wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:
Oh, God, now people are saying Miles Davis, Divorce, Film Noir, and Old White Lincoln? Yikes. There really are different strokes, I guess...

Also, I Witnessed A Crime is in the upper echelon of THC tracks for me.

not to branch this off into a different discussion, but i actually find 59 sound to be the weakest overall record, redeemed by some of their best songs.

Aw, man, why'd you have to say that?

Smile I couldn't disagree more, I think American Slang is their weakest record overall by a wide margin.

I know people are going to hate me for this but I disagree with both of you. I love all the albums but I'd go with Sink or Swim as weakest. Some real gems but to me it has the least unique sound. The lyrics on that album are the main reason I still say I love it and not just I like it.

Just curious though as to why you guys feel T59S and AS are weakest? (respectively)
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 8:10 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
bakerfall wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:
acousticbandit wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:
Oh, God, now people are saying Miles Davis, Divorce, Film Noir, and Old White Lincoln? Yikes. There really are different strokes, I guess...

Also, I Witnessed A Crime is in the upper echelon of THC tracks for me.

not to branch this off into a different discussion, but i actually find 59 sound to be the weakest overall record, redeemed by some of their best songs.

Aw, man, why'd you have to say that?

Smile I couldn't disagree more, I think American Slang is their weakest record overall by a wide margin.

I know people are going to hate me for this but I disagree with both of you. I love all the albums but I'd go with Sink or Swim as weakest. Some real gems but to me it has the least unique sound. The lyrics on that album are the main reason I still say I love it and not just I like it.
I've been trying to push this point for months, haha.
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 9:58 pm

Christophe wrote:
njguy99 wrote:
azlisa wrote:
i have to do THC separately and i'd have to say i witnessed a crime. i just don't care for the music or the lyrics.

Something about that song really irritates me too. I usually skip past it when listening to the album. I know it's meant to be a whole reggae kinda thing, but it doesn't work...

The one song that I've never really liked from TGA is Old White Lincoln. I know people love it, and I'll have shoes thrown at me for saying it, but seems so trite to me.

affraid I'm emptying my shoe cupboard as I speak!

he'd better hope there's no heels in there. ouch!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 10:00 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:

i'm with you. i LOVE SoS, but it's my least fav of the three. :/
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 10:02 pm

SirPaco wrote:
I dont really like the very beginning of Boxer. The quick little:

Got your pride and your prose
Tucked just like a Tommy gun
Somewhere in the smoke
Just in case you need it...

Before the actual songs starts

Once the actual song starts, it's fucking awesome....it's just that intro that bugs me. I'm glad they cut that part out on the iTunes sessions version. I really like it slowed down

i think i remember a long time ago reading that brian almost didn't put that in the song. he couldn't decide or something!
Back to top Go down
Danieljsmith
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Danieljsmith

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 7:44 pm

I don't think anyone's made the point that favourites (and least favourites) constantly change for some people. Myself included.

I find Sink or Swim the weakest, even though it contains my favourite Gaslight song (Navesink Banks) and my least favourite (Currently, Red At Night). Still, it's an unbelievably amazing album.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 8:07 pm

azlisa wrote:
Christophe wrote:
njguy99 wrote:
azlisa wrote:
i have to do THC separately and i'd have to say i witnessed a crime. i just don't care for the music or the lyrics.

Something about that song really irritates me too. I usually skip past it when listening to the album. I know it's meant to be a whole reggae kinda thing, but it doesn't work...

The one song that I've never really liked from TGA is Old White Lincoln. I know people love it, and I'll have shoes thrown at me for saying it, but seems so trite to me.

I don't currently own any heeled shoes so he's got off lightly Wink
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 8:11 pm

Christophe wrote:
azlisa wrote:
Christophe wrote:
njguy99 wrote:
azlisa wrote:

The boots hurt the worst. They made this weird sound...kind of high and lonesome... geek
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 8:15 pm

njguy99 wrote:
Christophe wrote:
azlisa wrote:
Christophe wrote:
njguy99 wrote:
azlisa wrote:

The boots hurt the worst. They made this weird sound...kind of high and lonesome... geek

Let that be a lesson to you geek
Back to top Go down
TheContender
A Contender
A Contender
TheContender

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 5:27 pm

Probably Angry Johnny.
Back to top Go down
LaGuitarLady
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
LaGuitarLady

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 9:05 am

Backseat.
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 3:44 pm

LaGuitarLady wrote:
Backseat.

i don't particularly like backseat either, especially as a closer. the one thing i like about them closing with backseat is getting to the merch line early to beat the rush, haha.
Back to top Go down
YNWA182
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
YNWA182

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 6:06 pm

It's hard to say, but my least favorite has to be 1930. I really love Red in the Morning, actually Sink or Swim is their best album in my opinion. Smile
Back to top Go down
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 6:19 pm

acousticbandit wrote:
LaGuitarLady wrote:
Backseat.

i don't particularly like backseat either, especially as a closer. the one thing i like about them closing with backseat is getting to the merch line early to beat the rush, haha.

I think The Backseat is a damn good closer. I get all euphoric when they play it, especially the second verse. Ties the concert experience together in a perfect way for me.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 9:16 pm

Wow, 1930 and the Backseat? I can't even...
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 9:33 pm

ThisMachineKillsFascists wrote:
acousticbandit wrote:
LaGuitarLady wrote:
Backseat.

I think The Backseat is a damn good closer. I get all euphoric when they play it, especially the second verse. Ties the concert experience together in a perfect way for me.

Wow. The Backseat? I mean of course everyone's entitled to their opinions but I agree about getting "euphoric" especially with the "hold on"s on the end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next