DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spam

Go down 
+20
ghosttocoast
bakerfall
Debonair
simo
Christophe
colmillionaire
ThisMachineKillsFascists
TGAforLIFE
plugga
Labhras
IrishNameAndAnInjury
bringiton
NeverTrustAJunkie
Camus
HorribleCrowe
JimmyB
kirstyt
Harbortown
Klown
steph
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 8:25 am

I'm sure your little friends love you as well, you sound like an absolute star, so it would be hard not too.

ahhh, don't think I will be staying drunk for all that time. Just tonight, and then enjoy the other few days, and go see the Olympic Torch on Tuesday as it passes my house Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 8:32 am

Yeah, the kids love me. I love you I was the first person that the older one said I love you too, back when she was two years old. I cried, of course, because that's what I do. In some ways it's like they're my kids. I know that sounds weird because I am not their parent, but I'm with them so much and have been through everything with them, so yeah, they are a huge part of my life. I'm lucky! Very Happy

That's so cool that the Olympic torch is going right by your house! Are you going to London to watch any of the games?
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 8:34 am

Awwww. That's awesome. I know exactly what you mean, and their's nothing wrong with that. I would totally love my kids to be around people that love them that much if I wasn't there.

I won't be going to London, loads of gigs in England over the coming month, so I'm going to concentrate on that.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 8:39 am

Yeah, it does sound like you have a lot of concerts coming up. Lucky you! I'm really, really hoping Gaslight adds a date later in the year for a venue near my town. That would be awesome! We have some decent sized venues, bigger than the clubs they have been playing, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 8:40 am

I hope you do indeed get your gig, or at the very least, somewhere close to you Smile

According to the Euro tour thread, Brian said they will be back in the UK in October. So it seems there might be a few roadtrips on the horizon.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 8:49 am

Cool! Road trips are fun. Smile I would love if Gaslight came here in the fall or winter when it's not too hot. I haven't been to a summer concert in years because its just too miserable. In 2005 I saw John Mellencamp and John Fogerty in July, and poor John Mellencamp almost died because it was so hot and humid. Seriously, he looked like he was going to pass out on stage. Summers are brutal here!
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 8:52 am

I'm not a big fan of summer concerts outdoors to be honest, the worst one I was at, was when Metallica were surprise guests at a festival, I knew about it, as I was working for the magazine that was helping run the festival at the time. They played in a small tent that held about 2,500 people, so you can guess, by the time Metallica started, there was a large crowd trying to get into that tent...75,000 people actually. It was so warm already, and then with all those extra people trying to push in... Urghhh, I was in the second row, and there actually was no way out, as all the exits were blocked with people.

Give me a good indoor gig in the winter months. \m/
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 9:03 am

Oh man, that sounds like a nightmare! affraid I'm not an extremely claustrophobic person, but being trapped like that would freak me out so much. And I can imagine how hot it was in that tent! But it's cool that you were working for a magazine and got insider information about Metallica being a surprise guest. That's exciting! Were you a writer for the magazine?
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 9:08 am

Just helped interview a few people from time to time, Monster Magnet, limpbizkit and a few others. Was fun Smile

It was a nuts festival, especially that appearance, place was going insane, was actually nice to end up in the middle of the pit, as we managed to get some air there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 9:13 am

That's so neat that you got to interview people like that. If I had a job like that, I would make a fool of myself, I'm sure! I would turn into a goofy 12 year old and sound like a lunatic. Rolling Eyes Razz
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 9:18 am

Nothing wrong with being a goofball...*ahem*
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 9:25 am

Klown wrote:
Nothing wrong with being a goofball...*ahem*

Haha! Razz No, nothing wrong with being a goofball! But I would be so embarrassed if I made a fool of myself in front of musicians I was supposed to be interviewing. Oh my gosh, I would blush so, so badly! It doesn't take much to make me blush, but that would do to for sure! Embarassed It's good that I have a career where I don't have to worry about embarrassing myself. The kids say I'm the silliest person in the world, and I wear that title proudly. geek
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 9:32 am

So, two guys, who are roomates, come into the store I work at all the time after bar close, and talk forever about nothing. Last night they came in and were talking about chili cheese dogs and Dunkin' Donuts, and then about Ramen Noodles. It went like this:

Guy 1- "I'll make some food when we get home...I only have Ramen Noodles, though. I always gotta make you Ramen! I have to feed you!"

Guy 2- "You don't, though!"

Guy 1- "I do! Cause I only have Ramen... You always have real food, but I, I feel bad when I eat your meat."

Guy 1&2-" AHHH! THAT SOUNDED WRONG AS FUCK!"

And then they ran out of the store as me and the other girl working laughed our faces off.
Saturday nights at work are always interesting, ha!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 9:36 am

Haha, that just sounded so WRONG! I can imagine the crazy people you come into contact with after the bars close. At least these guys sound harmless and it makes for an entertaining night at work! Razz
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 9:40 am

Oh yeah, there are a lot of crazies! But, you're right about those guys, they're totally harmless and hilarious! They're just really loud and super goofy, haha.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 9:45 am

I wouldn't mind that. It would be the aggressive drunks that would bother me. Or the guys whoa re just flat out creepy.

I worked at Waldenbooks for a little while during college and there were a couple of guys who would come in at night and buy every dirty magazine the store carried, and they were sooooo creepy. I would always try to get one of the guys to cover the register when those creeps walked into the store. *shudders*
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 9:50 am

Yeah, the aggressive drunks don't come around too often, but when they do, there's usually a lot of people around who help us out and calm them down, or just get them to leave, which is great. There's a girl who comes in every weekend though and just bitches about everything and tries picking fights with every dude she can find. It's ridiculous and just embarrassing to watch her make a fool of herself all the time. And she has the loudest most annoying voice on Earth.

And I would totally do the same thing! Creeps are the worst. I hate dealing with them!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 9:53 am

Oh man, is that girl drunk when she comes in complaining like that, or isn't just her personality? Shocked Either way, that's pretty sad.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 9:58 am

I think both! I haven't ever seen her sober, though, so it's hard to judge. She just seems super insecure to me! However, I will say that anytime I've dealt with her personally she has been nothing but nice to me.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 10:04 am

Well that's good that she's nice to you. I hate when customers treat cashiers and salespeople badly. I really hate it. Those are not easy jobs and I have a lot of respect for people who work in that field and have to deal with customers for hours on end. It takes so much patience and tolerance, and people should remember that!

I guess I should go get some stuff done now. Adios amigos! wave
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 10:05 am

Where the hell has Ilaria been?!?
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 10:05 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Well that's good that she's nice to you. I hate when customers treat cashiers and salespeople badly. I really hate it. Those are not easy jobs and I have a lot of respect for people who work in that field and have to deal with customers for hours on end. It takes so much patience and tolerance, and people should remember that!

I guess I should go get some stuff done now. Adios amigos! wave

Right on, sista!

See ya later, Shannon!
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 10:10 am

Bye Shannon!
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 11:30 am

Someone convince me to buy a record player and point me in the right direction for which one to buy (American)!!!!!!!! Do it!! Laughing

Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 11:49 am

eagles1139 wrote:
Someone convince me to buy a record player and point me in the right direction for which one to buy (American)!!!!!!!! Do it!! Laughing

You HAVE to buy a record player! Music sounds so much better on vinyl. It's richer, deeper, and has way more character. Nothing compares to listening to records. And since Brian said that he will never not release an album on vinyl, it's just wrong not to be able to play these amazing records! Convinced yet? Very Happy

I don't have a fancy turntable at all because I'm technology impaired, but this is the one I just bought last month:

http://www.amazon.com/Innovative-Technology-Aviator-Wooden-Center/dp/B003WTLAA0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338734777&sr=8-1

I LOVE IT! The sound is great, it has a feature to burn vinyl onto CD, and all I had to do was unpack it from the box and plug it in. I didn't have to connect it anything or put anything together. I have listened to a ton of records on it, some brand new, some 40 years old (thanks to my mom's great collection!), and they all sound amazing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spam - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 36 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spam
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next