DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spam

Go down 
+20
ghosttocoast
bakerfall
Debonair
simo
Christophe
colmillionaire
ThisMachineKillsFascists
TGAforLIFE
plugga
Labhras
IrishNameAndAnInjury
bringiton
NeverTrustAJunkie
Camus
HorribleCrowe
JimmyB
kirstyt
Harbortown
Klown
steph
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 9:50 pm

Christophe wrote:
IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Shannon you have a Mustang? affraid That is pretty much the coolest car ever Cool

I do, and yes it is! My dream car would be a '65 Mustang, but it's just not practical for me since I can't work on it myself. I have a 2004 40th Anniversary Mustang. It's red and fun and I love it!

Sweet Very Happy I like pretty much all Mustangs they just look so classic. If I was American that is the car I would go for definitely.

Awesome! Are they uncommon in England, or just not practical? I have loved Mustangs since I was a very little kid, and I remember when I was six telling everybody that I would buy one when I grew up. I stuck to it and bought my car a few months after I got out of college. I can't imagine having any other car than the one I have now...unless it was a 2013 Race Pak Mustang! I would get into serious trouble with that car!

I have never seen a Mustang in England personally but I would love to own one in the future. Not gonna be anything as glamorous for my first car unfortunately Sad

First cars aren't supposed to be glamorous! When I was 16 my dad bought a 1986 Camry that we shared until I finished college. He worked nights and I needed the car during the day, so it was perfect. The car was boring and kind of ugly, but I didn't care. It meant freedom and independence and not taking the bus, so I was thrilled. Smile

I hope you do get a Mustang someday though. They are fantastic cars and SO COOL!

Tell me about it. I can't wait to stop getting the bus everywhere I can't stand it! Hopeful another couple of months or so and I'll have my own car Smile

That's so exciting! What kind of car are you thinking of getting?

Yeah I know Smile I can't wait to get lessons behind me and pass my test! I would like something small and economical like a Citroen Saxo, Renault Clio, Peugeot possibly. Not looked into cars properly yet though.

See, you're being smart. An economical car with good gas mileage is the way to go. Mustangs don't have good gas mileage at all, but since I don't drive a long ways very often, it's fine for me. And it won't matter what kind of car you get, it will just be great to be able to drive whenever you want! cheers

Yeah I can't wait Smile I just don't want a granny car like a Nissan Micra haha!

Haha, I had to look that one up. It's a funny looking car! I always think of big cars like Buicks as granny cars. It seems like every old lady I have ever known (my grandmas included) drove Buicks.

It is I think it's horrible! I just googled Buicks and they are 1,000,000 times better than Nissan Micras! They look like cool cars actually.

Buicks are big, comfortable cars, but not sporty at all. Those Micras are ugly though! Do they have Smart cars in England? I hate them so much! They are made for midgets I think because there is no way someone as tall as me could ever drive one. Razz

Yep there's plenty of smart cars whizzing about in England Rolling Eyes I say whizzing I meant crawling, they really are the pits I'm never getting one of them. If I do feel free to kill me without hesitation geek . If you turned a corner even slightly sharply at over 30mph I reckon you'd end up on your side!

Haha, if you ever got a Smart car, I'd give you one of these Frying Pan. Yes, they are sooooo slow! I hate when I get stuck behind one. I don't think they go over 45 mph! Rolling Eyes

Haha I think I would deserve lots and lots of frying pans if I did! Let's hope that day never comes Wink

lol! It better not! I have told people to throw me down the stairs if I ever consider buying a car like that. It would definitely mean I lost my mind!

lol! And they would be absolutely right to throw you down the stairs haha. I fear that we could both end up considering Smart cars come mid-July Wink

Never! I'd sell my blood before I sell my car. Razz I'm going to have to work some overtime to pay for all of the Gaslight stuff I want to buy. Rolling Eyes So worth it though!
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

Spam - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 9:57 pm

Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Shannon you have a Mustang? affraid That is pretty much the coolest car ever Cool

I do, and yes it is! My dream car would be a '65 Mustang, but it's just not practical for me since I can't work on it myself. I have a 2004 40th Anniversary Mustang. It's red and fun and I love it!

Sweet Very Happy I like pretty much all Mustangs they just look so classic. If I was American that is the car I would go for definitely.

Awesome! Are they uncommon in England, or just not practical? I have loved Mustangs since I was a very little kid, and I remember when I was six telling everybody that I would buy one when I grew up. I stuck to it and bought my car a few months after I got out of college. I can't imagine having any other car than the one I have now...unless it was a 2013 Race Pak Mustang! I would get into serious trouble with that car!

I have never seen a Mustang in England personally but I would love to own one in the future. Not gonna be anything as glamorous for my first car unfortunately Sad

First cars aren't supposed to be glamorous! When I was 16 my dad bought a 1986 Camry that we shared until I finished college. He worked nights and I needed the car during the day, so it was perfect. The car was boring and kind of ugly, but I didn't care. It meant freedom and independence and not taking the bus, so I was thrilled. Smile

I hope you do get a Mustang someday though. They are fantastic cars and SO COOL!

Tell me about it. I can't wait to stop getting the bus everywhere I can't stand it! Hopeful another couple of months or so and I'll have my own car Smile

Yeah I know Smile I can't wait to get lessons behind me and pass my test! I would like something small and economical like a Citroen Saxo, Renault Clio, Peugeot possibly. Not looked into cars properly yet though.

See, you're being smart. An economical car with good gas mileage is the way to go. Mustangs don't have good gas mileage at all, but since I don't drive a long ways very often, it's fine for me. And it won't matter what kind of car you get, it will just be great to be able to drive whenever you want! cheers

Yeah I can't wait Smile I just don't want a granny car like a Nissan Micra haha!

Haha, I had to look that one up. It's a funny looking car! I always think of big cars like Buicks as granny cars. It seems like every old lady I have ever known (my grandmas included) drove Buicks.

It is I think it's horrible! I just googled Buicks and they are 1,000,000 times better than Nissan Micras! They look like cool cars actually.

Buicks are big, comfortable cars, but not sporty at all. Those Micras are ugly though! Do they have Smart cars in England? I hate them so much! They are made for midgets I think because there is no way someone as tall as me could ever drive one. Razz

Yep there's plenty of smart cars whizzing about in England Rolling Eyes I say whizzing I meant crawling, they really are the pits I'm never getting one of them. If I do feel free to kill me without hesitation geek . If you turned a corner even slightly sharply at over 30mph I reckon you'd end up on your side!

Haha, if you ever got a Smart car, I'd give you one of these Frying Pan. Yes, they are sooooo slow! I hate when I get stuck behind one. I don't think they go over 45 mph! Rolling Eyes

Haha I think I would deserve lots and lots of frying pans if I did! Let's hope that day never comes Wink

lol! It better not! I have told people to throw me down the stairs if I ever consider buying a car like that. It would definitely mean I lost my mind!

lol! And they would be absolutely right to throw you down the stairs haha. I fear that we could both end up considering Smart cars come mid-July Wink

Never! I'd sell my blood before I sell my car. Razz I'm going to have to work some overtime to pay for all of the Gaslight stuff I want to buy. Rolling Eyes So worth it though!

It will be Smile Right I really have to go to bed now Shannon. I won't be back online for a week so I'm gonna have loads to catch up on when I'm back. See you on the flipside wave
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 9:59 pm

Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:

It will be Smile Right I really have to go to bed now Shannon. I won't be back online for a week so I'm gonna have loads to catch up on when I'm back. See you on the flipside wave

Okay, nighty-night, twin! Razz The Spam crew will fill you in on the latest news when you come back. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 12:15 am

Listened to Gaslight a bunch tonight on my drive home. Realized all the aggravating stuff I've been reading about Ian, whether any of them hit bum notes during a show, or what people think of the cover artwork, etc. is just complete silliness. Why spend your time trying to convince other fans how their favorite band is screwing things up for themselves? What's the point? What do you gain? Ruining one of the bright spots of your daily life by focusing on someone's flaws? What a waste of effort. I fully intend on ignoring all negative posts. I don't care if that makes me stubborn or close minded because I won't welcome negative opinions about the band. Fine. Then I'm stubborn and close minded about Gaslight. So what.

In other news, today's weather was absolutely beautiful! Had dinner outside tonight by the beach and it was awesome.

Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Spam - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:07 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Listened to Gaslight a bunch tonight on my drive home. Realized all the aggravating stuff I've been reading about Ian, whether any of them hit bum notes during a show, or what people think of the cover artwork, etc. is just complete silliness. Why spend your time trying to convince other fans how their favorite band is screwing things up for themselves? What's the point? What do you gain? Ruining one of the bright spots of your daily life by focusing on someone's flaws? What a waste of effort. I fully intend on ignoring all negative posts. I don't care if that makes me stubborn or close minded because I won't welcome negative opinions about the band. Fine. Then I'm stubborn and close minded about Gaslight. So what.

That sort of thing happens in every sort of enjoyment/pastime, people just have to go too far, the need to over-analyse to the smallest of details. I nearly lost my love of wrestling due to fans that like. Their need to feel that they had to critique every last element of what they watched and to go on record by saying how much they hated this and that, made me wonder...why watch if it's going to bug you to the level where you are looking for bad. Discussion is good, I enjoy it, but I won't talk to any wrestling fan that takes it THAT serious, there's no point, it's just entertainment. I detest going to independent wrestling shows, as they are full of people like that, people that think they can do a better job than what they are paying to see, but yet are the ones that are doing just that...paying to see it, and not putting their money where their mouth is. Since I stopped bothering with people that are so damn critical, I've found myself enjoying it a lot more again, now that I took it to what it was meant to be simple entertainment. Their loss.

I see it happen in football forums, music forums, games forums....and I just think...take a deep breath and just enjoy it. I do think that the fanboy-dom can be took too far in the other extreme as well, that blind love can be just as bad, and that sometimes it is ok to disagree or not like something. There's a happy balance, that's the outlook I'm trying to employ in life from now on. Will I gripe and moan like the best of them...sure, but I'm trying to cut that out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:22 am

I'm saying that I will go forth as a blind fangirl and I will own this fact!

I'm a diehard but reading negative points does poison your outlook and makes you start looking for proof of what the complainers are talking about instead of just enjoying yourself. And look, sometimes they're right (about athletes, celebrities, whatever the topic). But then how has that made your life any better knowing this? It makes life more annoying cus you just ruined something you love for nothing. I like some debate, but I guess whatever's been going on here has just been flat out trashing at times.

Eh, I feel like this is sort of a dead horse thing at this point. I just got home and had time to type out something thoughtful so that's why I brought it up at all again. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Spam - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:26 am

Well, let's both agree to move on and ignore posts that annoy us, for good or bad Smile
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:44 am

Yes!

Next topic: http://www.homegrownhits.com/about/ Posting this in case anyone's interested.

Quote :
HomeGrownHits.com allows anyone anywhere to upload their original, home recorded songs, have them rated by users, and watch them climb the Charts in real time. HGH was started in 2011 to enable independent artists to expose their home recorded music directly to internet audiences
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Spam - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:48 am

Ahhh thats cool if that takes off properly. Hopefully they have copyrights and all that legal mumbjumbo sorted out.

But HGH is also an acronym for Human Growth Hormones....a performance enhancing drug Laughing
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 7:05 am

That is a pretty darned cool website.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 8:15 am

Hi Shannon!!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 8:16 am

Hi John! How are you?

I have the morning off of work! I don't know about the afternoon yet though. My fingers are still crossed! Smile
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 8:21 am

Oh I'm just fine, thank you. It's friday, we're going to THE MALL and tomorrow I'm going to Stockholm to visit my older cousin so I'm excited!

I hope you get your afternoon off. There's NOTHING like not having to work when you normally would be.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 8:32 am

I want to go to the mall! I love shopping...a little too much! Rolling Eyes What are you going to buy?

You're absolutely right. I love having a day off when I wasn't expecting it. It rarely happens, but today would be the perfect day for it. The five year old has gymnastics this evening so the seven year old has to sit and wait with me. She is not patient at all and hates sitting there waiting for an hour and a half, so I really want to stay home today.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 8:34 am

I have the same problem! I don't think I'm buying anything though. I just like the road trip, this family is so much fun to be around.

Ha, impatient kids can be a trial for sure.
By the way, I read this the other day:
http://www.fromdatestodiapers.com/50-rules-for-dads-of-daughters

I got a bit of a mantear situation going on around the pancake and matching shoes part. I really want a daughter one day.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 8:44 am

Harbortown wrote:
I have the same problem! I don't think I'm buying anything though. I just like the road trip, this family is so much fun to be around.

I got a bit of a mantear situation going on around the pancake and matching shoes part. I really want a daughter one day.

That list made me CRY! Is all so true, and I think every man needs to read it. It reminded me of some of the fun things my dad did with me when I was a kid, and several of the things he didn't and I wish he had. It makes you realize what's really important in the life of a child. I know I'm not really their parent, but I try to do a lot of those things with the girls and give them those memories and feelings. It's really important.

You are going to make a fantastic dad one day, John. I really hope you have a daughter because you'll cherish her. Smile
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 8:53 am

Harbortown wrote:

That list made me CRY! Is all so true, and I think every man needs to read it. It reminded me of some of the fun things my dad did with me when I was a kid, and several of the things he didn't and I wish he had. It makes you realize what's really important in the life of a child. I know I'm not really their parent, but I try to do a lot of those things with the girls and give them those memories and feelings. It's really important.

You are going to make a fantastic dad one day, John. I really hope you have a daughter because you'll cherish her. Smile
Yeah, I think I'm reaching the age where I'm starting to think about how my parents raised me, and I reflect on how it shaped me and how I can incorporate some of that into my own future parenthood.

Thank you Shannon! Yes, she'll be cherished for sure.. She'll be my little partner in crime. Oh well, I'm off, bye bye!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 8:55 am

Aw, my little brother is growing up! Razz

Have fun! wave
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Spam - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 10:00 am

Phewwwww

http://vinylcollective.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=temp&action=display&thread=79458
Back to top Go down
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

Spam - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 10:20 am

Harbortown wrote:

Oh man, I have 3 daughters and this is definitely a tear jerker. Very true..
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 10:23 am

bakerfall wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

I think Harbortown's main goal is to make people cry. Sad Razz

How old are your girls?
Back to top Go down
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

Spam - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 10:26 am

bakerfall wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

I think Harbortown's main goal is to make people cry. Sad Razz

How old are your girls?

twin 11 month olds, and a 4 year old.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 10:34 am

How fun! A lot of work, but a lot of fun too, I'm sure. I specialized in toddler education in college and taught one-year-olds for a while (as well as other age groups). That's my favorite age that your twins are getting into. It's so cool how they change and learn something new every single day. And four year olds are a trip! I think something happens around that age where they begin to understand logic and reasoning which is really cool, and they say the funniest things sometimes. I take care of a five year old and a seven year old, and I have been working with their family for six years, so I've been through almost everything with those girls. Nothing beats having kids in your life. Smile
Back to top Go down
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

Spam - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 10:37 am

How fun! A lot of work, but a lot of fun too, I'm sure. I specialized in toddler education in college and taught one-year-olds for a while (as well as other age groups). That's my favorite age that your twins are getting into. It's so cool how they change and learn something new every single day. And four year olds are a trip! I think something happens around that age where they begin to understand logic and reasoning which is really cool, and they say the funniest things sometimes. I take care of a five year old and a seven year old, and I have been working with their family for six years, so I've been through almost everything with those girls. Nothing beats having kids in your life. Smile

That is very true about 4 year olds. She really is understanding logic and reasoning more and more, even though sometimes it's hilarious how her brain processes things. They all change every day, it's mind boggling sometimes.

Kids are an absolute blessing. I am tired pretty much all of the time, but it's worth it Smile
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 10:42 am

bakerfall wrote:

That is very true about 4 year olds. She really is understanding logic and reasoning more and more, even though sometimes it's hilarious how her brain processes things. They all change every day, it's mind boggling sometimes.

Kids are an absolute blessing. I am tired pretty much all of the time, but it's worth it Smile

Haha, I bet! With kids as young as yours, you probably never sleep!

And believe me, the mind boggling part never goes away. As they get older and start school and learn more about the world, it's really neat to see how they conceptualize everything and apply it to their own lives. Just the other day, the five year old told me that she can't wait until she can drive (an on-going thing with her) and she was going on a trip as soon as she got her license. I asked her where she was going to go, and she very quickly said, "Boston." That kind of through me for a loop and I asked her why, and she said, "Because they have huge tea parties there." Then she looked at me like I was so stupid for not realizing that. Since when do kindergartners learn about the Boston Tea Party?! Rolling Eyes Razz There's never a dull moment with kids around!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spam - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spam
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next