DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

10/18 Virginia Beach

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
matt4168
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

10/18 Virginia Beach Empty
PostSubject: 10/18 Virginia Beach   10/18 Virginia Beach Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 7:52 pm

Was anyone else at their show at the Jewish Mother in Va Beach? It was such a tiny venue; amazing setting for TGA to play. Sadly, probably one of the last shows they will ever play at such a small venue. Does anyone out there have any pics/videos/audios from the show? Perhaps just the setlist?
Back to top Go down
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 10/18 Virginia Beach   10/18 Virginia Beach Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 9:56 pm

They've promised to keep playing the "smaller" venues, maybe not tiny but still small. I've expressed to them many times how bittersweet it would be for them to play a venue that holds several thousand people. Their response has always been that they're going to always try and hit the intimate places too. Would be awesome if they do, let's hope.
Back to top Go down
J_Schooly
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 10/18 Virginia Beach   10/18 Virginia Beach Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 11:19 pm

I was there, too. My first Gaslight show—and still exceeded my rather, er, great expectations. And, yes, the tiny venue was fantastic. I wrote about it here: http://popculturenotes.blogspot.com/2008/10/dance-upon-architecture-gaslight-anthem.html

I'm not a taper, so I have no audio. The sound system in that place wasn't too good, anyway, so I'm guessing any recordings wouldn't sound all that great, anyway. hehe. Here's the setlist:

The Gaslight Anthem
The Jewish Mother
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Running Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes

MAIN SET
Great Expectations
Wooderson
Casanova, Baby!
Old White Lincoln/Start a War (snippet)
We Came to Dance
Miles Davis and the Cool
The ’59 Sound
High Lonesome
Angry Johnny and the Radio/What Becomes of the Broken Hearted (snippet)
Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts
Drive
Senor and the Queen
I Coulda Been a Contender
The Backseat

ENCORE
The Patient Ferris Wheel
Here’s Looking at You, Kid
Say I Won’t (Recognize)
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 10/18 Virginia Beach   10/18 Virginia Beach Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 10:35 pm

Start a War? as in the National song?
Back to top Go down
J_Schooly
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 10/18 Virginia Beach   10/18 Virginia Beach Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 8:23 am

Yeah, that's the one. Brian threw in "Walk away now … and you're gonna start a war," just that one line, during one of the slow sections of Old White Lincoln. It was pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 10/18 Virginia Beach   10/18 Virginia Beach Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

10/18 Virginia Beach
Page 1 of 1