DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spam

Go down 
+17
DeathoftheCool
TGAforLIFE
Camus
colmillionaire
Holland
kirstyt
Labhras
Harbortown
Casey
Debonair
JimmyB
NeverTrustAJunkie
plugga
Klown
HorribleCrowe
steph
IrishNameAndAnInjury
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 10:56 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
Haha, I love that you were dissapointed with Hurricane Irene. Hahah! I can't remember exactly when it was but a few years ago my aunt, uncle, and my little cousins were basically living in a cave in their house in Florida during one of the hurricanes. They had their whole house covered with storm shutters and that and had to stay inside for what seemed like forever!

Oh man, that sounds awful! I would never want to live in FL, they have to deal with too many devastating hurricanes. We hardly ever get anything good here, so it's exciting when something happens. When I was a kid I loved earthquakes, then we moved here and that loved shifted to hurricanes. I'm just strange, haha!

When Hurricane Isabelle hit this area in 2003, it was a category 1, so it was minor, but man it was so exciting! I loved the sound of the wind and rain and the look of the trees bending over backwards from the sheer force of the storm. It was great! But we lost power for four days and didn't have a generator at the time, so that was pretty miserable because it meant no air conditioning! #firstworldproblems

Haha, seriously they can't just invent air condition that can survive a hurricane? JEEZE. Razz

I'm kinda the same way with hurriccanes and other types of storms, but I don't want to be in them. I think they're super interesting, but they just frighten me so much!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 10:59 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:
Are you gonna miss California burritos, John?
I think I'm gonna have to go get one with my one remaining housemate today. Hell yeah I'll miss 'em! They really are a culinary gift from the gods.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:00 am

For me, As long as Tornadoes form and run their course in open fields I find them amazing and beautiful. But the second they start destroying property...that is when it goes from amazing and beautiful to distructive and ugly.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:01 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
Storms, or even just rain is fantastic! Nope, Not much planned for today. I think I'm just gonna watch some movies!

Hi John!
Hi Jimmy!

That sounds like a great way to spend Sunday! I might watch a movie later too. And...I just realized that next weekend is Memorial Day weekend, so I will have three days off! cheers I really need that extra day!

I agree! And YES Memorial Day weekend is gonna be great for me too! I'm going up north to my family's cabin on Thursday and staying until Tuesday, and I can't fricken wait. No internet at all, so I'm hoping the Handwritten pre-order doesn't come around until after I get home, because I'll be super bummed if I miss out on a deluxe edition!

That sounds like so much fun! What do you do when you go to the cabin? Hopefully the preorder will happen before you leave. I'm anxious to place my order!!! I am the most impatient person and waiting for this album is driving me crazy!

It's my favortite place in the world! Well, our cabin is in Michigan and we have a generator for electricity at night, but other than that, no power, no plumbing, we cook all our food on the grill, and if you want something done you have to do it by hand. Back to the basics, and it's great! We pretty much just hang out talking and playing guitars and that, and always end up going on some sort of adventure through the woods, haha. We have a sawmill up there too that we just got working last year, so we're gonna cut up some boards and build some stuff in the woods!
And lots of drinking.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:02 am

Harbortown wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
Hey John! wave How are you? You're up early!
Hi!

Yep, woke up around four or five and couldn't sleep. It's my last day in California, I guess I'm just subconsciously riddled with thoughts or something. How are you?

Oh, I'm sorry it's your last day in CA. Sad That's sad, but at least you get to see your family and friends back home soon. Are you still planning on getting a band together over the summer?

I'm doing okay, just stressing out like normal. Rolling Eyes I'm just taking it easy today though. Smile
Yeah, it's a bummer, but I think I'm ready to leave this place. It's just sad to be separated from my housemates who have become some of my best friends. I'll have to hang on to my friends back home like a parasite to cope with it, hah.

Yeah I think we're gonna play some stuff! I don't think we're gonna get that serious with it but we might get a recording done, that would be fun.

Ah, always stressed! Tell you what Shannon, one of these days you oughta just up and leave for California on a more permanent note, you always speak so highly of it.

I know! I would love to live in CA again, but life just doesn't allow it right now. I'm hoping that after the kids don't need me anymore ( too sad to think about! Crying or Very sad ) and if my writing career ever takes off, I'll end up back on the west coast. I just have too many responsibilities here and not enough money. And I don't care about money at all, but it would be nice not to have to worry about it.

Haha, I bet your friends in Sweden won't mind you latching onto them. They probably missed you a lot! And even if you don't do anything serious with this band, it'll be great just to hang out with your friends and play some cool music. That sounds like an awesome way to spend the summer if you ask me! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:03 am

Yeah, I am without a doubt getting the Deluxe edition as well. If you can afford it, get the deluxe of whatever is my motto. Another one is "Before buying something, make sure you can pay it off after you buy it"
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:14 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
Storms, or even just rain is fantastic! Nope, Not much planned for today. I think I'm just gonna watch some movies!

Hi John!
Hi Jimmy!

That sounds like a great way to spend Sunday! I might watch a movie later too. And...I just realized that next weekend is Memorial Day weekend, so I will have three days off! cheers I really need that extra day!

I agree! And YES Memorial Day weekend is gonna be great for me too! I'm going up north to my family's cabin on Thursday and staying until Tuesday, and I can't fricken wait. No internet at all, so I'm hoping the Handwritten pre-order doesn't come around until after I get home, because I'll be super bummed if I miss out on a deluxe edition!

That sounds like so much fun! What do you do when you go to the cabin? Hopefully the preorder will happen before you leave. I'm anxious to place my order!!! I am the most impatient person and waiting for this album is driving me crazy!

It's my favortite place in the world! Well, our cabin is in Michigan and we have a generator for electricity at night, but other than that, no power, no plumbing, we cook all our food on the grill, and if you want something done you have to do it by hand. Back to the basics, and it's great! We pretty much just hang out talking and playing guitars and that, and always end up going on some sort of adventure through the woods, haha. We have a sawmill up there too that we just got working last year, so we're gonna cut up some boards and build some stuff in the woods!
And lots of drinking.

Haha, I could never do that! I need electricity and indoor plumbing. I am a city girl, for sure. Razz That's so great that you enjoy your cabin so much though. It sounds like you're going to have a lot of fun! Just don't drink too much while you're working in the sawmill! affraid
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:15 am

Drinking at a cabin in the woods sounds like great fun! I'm jealous.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:17 am

JimmyB wrote:
Yeah, I am without a doubt getting the Deluxe edition as well. If you can afford it, get the deluxe of whatever is my motto. Another one is "Before buying something, make sure you can pay it off after you buy it"

Deluxe edition for me too! I'm hoping they will offer a really cool bundle, and I will definitely get that.

Jimmy, that is excellent financial advice. I wish I had that way of thinking when I was your age. If I had, I wouldn't be in the financial situation/credit card quicksand that I'm in now.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:18 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:

Hi John!
Hi Jimmy!

And lots of drinking.

Haha, I could never do that! I need electricity and indoor plumbing. I am a city girl, for sure. Razz That's so great that you enjoy your cabin so much though. It sounds like you're going to have a lot of fun! Just don't drink too much while you're working in the sawmill! affraid

Hahahah, don't worry, no drunk sawmill adventures! Nearest hospital is almost an hour away, so we've gotta at least attempt to be safe, hah.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:20 am

Camus wrote:
Drinking at a cabin in the woods sounds like great fun! I'm jealous.

I'm sure you would love it, Mike! We're gonna have an absinthe party in the woods on this trip.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Spam - Page 30 Empty

Ah, absinthe. It makes for great stories.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 30 Empty

stepsandnumbers wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:

Hi John!
Hi Jimmy!

And lots of drinking.

Hahahah, don't worry, no drunk sawmill adventures! Nearest hospital is almost an hour away, so we've gotta at least attempt to be safe, hah.

Haha, good! I had this mental image of the wood chipper scene in Fargo. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:22 am

I've never had it before, so I'm a little nervous, hah.

That's what she said.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:25 am

I've just discovered that today is a perfect day for The Postal Service.
They really need to reunite and record another album.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:27 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:
I've never had it before, so I'm a little nervous, hah.

That's what she said.

It's nothing to be worried about at all, it'll just get you a really great drunk quite easily. It was only made such a brilliant experience because of the other stuff we smoked/took so everything went a little nuts Razz
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:33 am

Wasn't absinthe illegal in the US until like 4 or 5 years ago because it's so potent? I think I remember hearing about when the ban was lifted on it or something. Since I won't let myself get drunk, I will stay far away from it, haha! Razz Rolling Eyes I bet it would create a pretty good party though!
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:37 am

It's not banned here, why would it be in the us??? Razz
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:38 am

I drank a 1/4 bottle of it by accident once...yeah, that was an interesting night...Laughing

As for Absinthe in the states.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absinthe#United_States

I feel their pain, proper Moutain Dew is banned here Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:40 am

plugga wrote:

Until a couple of months ago it was banned in France. scratch
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:42 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absinthe#Effects

OH. OKAY. This is gonna interesting! Razz
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:43 am

Gordon, Mountain Dew is banned there?!
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:43 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:

Interesting = fun.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:46 am

Camus wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:

Interesting = fun.

Indeed.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:48 am

Camus wrote:
plugga wrote:

Until a couple of months ago it was banned in France. scratch

scratch weird, it was pretty common between the people in my hs when I was young haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spam
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next