DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

US Tour 2012

Go down 
+100
Harbortown
PennStateRLZ
Yozzy
Hanswurst
RickySpanish
SubconsciousRitual
Matty'sGotTheBlues
matkins
Hirti
Chesser19
enola
logan2u
gtalbott
Jeff
Vibes
moconnell23
kkent16
sadly_ecstatic
NYYFAN523
Zach_Edelman
CasanovaBaby90
jdc
saltandburn1967
big blue
Sally
IrishNameAndAnInjury
nyranger66
dmac
Velocity
fatbench
bakerfall
miked331
DeathoftheCool
prettyontheinsidex
Kosburn59
DaleCooper
fullcollapse
Don Carlo
sentrand
TGAforLIFE
ashleybb
Gumption
TheContender
Rizz
rumham
LuceroDiehard
_rebekka_
xstevenbx
TGA30
DiamondSinatra
Breanne
EveryLittleSecret
turnitin2004
AlrightToDrive
infoghost
azlisa
Clementine
HighLonesome
Ema100
JukeboxJuliet
charlesepting
Debonair
Mechamunky
bt211
acousticbandit
StitchesOnTheRadio
JimJ
pookieray
RaggedSailsHigh
knuckles
Jack
IKeeptheDiner
Reinvent good times
crutchfield
steph
NeverTrustAJunkie
njguy99
Mary Ann
The Angry Johnny Revue
CluckyB
Klown
Paula
JJW319
brianisbae
Gaslight23
bringiton
simo
eagles1139
ExitEnglish
TGAFAN25
redheadchick
mercyandaminute
SirBrad
Shrewsbury_Stars
colmillionaire
jonnyz83
'49mercury
madsmom
osumarko
ral
104 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

US Tour 2012 - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:13 pm

The intention with the fan club is good but I doubt it's going to help much unless the tickets are will call only. If the cost for the fan club is let's say $40 a year and a scalper can make $200 on a $35 ticket, what would stop them from just signing up for the fan club as well?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:15 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
freakin' 216 dollars on stub hub (for 2). but i got em. i hate scalpers, so much soooooooo much.

$216?! Shocked That's crazy, but I'm glad you got them anyway.

It's awful, I like can't even enjoy that I got them b/c the amount of money makes me sick. There's no winning in this. Just trying to remind myself that it's the album release show so it's worth it...right? maybe? ugg.

It'll be worth it when the concert starts. It just stinks right now. Just keep reminding yourself what an amazing concert this is going to be - the album release show! If I was able to go, I would pay the outrageous prices too. I wouldn't be happy about it just like you, but I'd still do it.

You are right. I am grateful that I was able to do this.

I'd just feel better if I had a paying job because when my parents figure it out they might kill me. I'm just gonna eat only ramen from now until the show so I don't spend any more money than absolutely necessary.

Good plan, Shelby! I hope your parents realize how important this concert is to you and don't get upset.

Thanks for being so supportive Shannon! I hope so too.

I hope for everyone didn't get tickets at all that they announce another show.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:15 pm

It would be cool if they did more than one show in NYC. Like a two night stand. Maybe they will. Obviously this city is rabid for them.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:35 pm

We got lucky at the Mercury Lounge box office. We were 10th in line, but 6 of the 10 people ahead of us were waiting for tickets to another show. The 3 people ahead of us grabbed 4 tickets each, then we got ours, then the guy behind us got his, and then the ticket agent said they were sold out.

I'm amazed they only seemed to have about 20 tickets blocked out for sale at the box office, and that the show on the whole sold out so quickly.

The fact they popped up on stubhub within minutes certainly draws questions...
Back to top Go down
big blue
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:36 pm

Hi, I know its early for this, but if anyone has an extra single, I would love to go to this show. I got shut out, even with trying right at noon. They need to play a bigger venue!
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:42 pm

I was unable to get tickets, so I have bought 2 for more than double the price, but it'll be worth it!
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:43 pm

njguy99 wrote:
We got lucky at the Mercury Lounge box office. We were 10th in line, but 6 of the 10 people ahead of us were waiting for tickets to another show. The 3 people ahead of us grabbed 4 tickets each, then we got ours, then the guy behind us got his, and then the ticket agent said they were sold out.

I'm amazed they only seemed to have about 20 tickets blocked out for sale at the box office, and that the show on the whole sold out so quickly.

The fact they popped up on stubhub within minutes certainly draws questions...

Interesting. You'd think they would put more than 20 tickets aside for a show that is supposed to hold 1,500 people. ( http://www.websterhall.com/rentals/08_photo_gb.php ) Though for some reason (the MHOW show maybe?) I had the impression that people standing in line had the same opportunity as someone sitting at home ordering from their computer. As in, they were drawing from the same pool of tickets.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:49 pm

Rizz1048 wrote:
Was filming something this morning and it ended just in time. I grabbed my friends iphone and got on TM at about 12:02 Had a single ticket come up right away. My buddy got one on his phone a minute or two later.

Hopefully the fan club comes sooner than later. Feel really horrible for everyone got shut out. I just don't understand why they are on a bigger label now with a make it or break it album coming out and they are playing these tiny venues. How is a band suppose to get new fans when they only play places small enough for the hardcore fans to get into, and apparently not even everyone can get in. Play larger venues so there won't be such a thing as scalping. Do they just want to say that they "sell out" every show?

You're right, they really should consider larger venues or multiple shows where demand is higher. If they want to do more intimate shows, they need to have a 2 ticket limit, will call only tickets, sell tickets at the venue on the day of the show, etc. They simply can't be surprised that these NY shows sold out instantly. Their booking agent knows what demand is going to be based on past shows. Since the fall of 2009, they've played Terminal 5, Brooklyn Bowl, Welmont Theatre, Irving Plaza (AS release show that also sold out quick), Stone Pony Summer Stage, Radio City Music Hall, and the Asbury Park Convention Hall. I'd guess RCMH was the only show that didn't sell out and that's because it holds 6k+ people.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:55 pm

68 tickets on StubHub with pricing starting at $114. Bleh.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:56 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
68 tickets on StubHub with pricing starting at $114. Bleh.

That's just sad. Sad
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 3:20 pm

Tour ad.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
Don Carlo
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Don Carlo

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 4:16 pm

I am seriously considering getting tickets to see them at the Bonzai Festival in Rochester, NY on July 28th. Apparently tickets go on sale tomorrow (Saturday) at noon but not sure how much they will be going for. The pre-sale for Backstage Members were for $25 but not sure if it's the same for the public.

Just wondering if anyone who has been to this festival before has any information on what the location is like, how many people, and how much tickets go for and how quickly they usually sell out. Thanks a lot.

Here's the only link I could find:
http://thezone941.com/events/scions-bonzai-2012/
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 7:45 pm

http://binged.it/JZENgd

That looks like a park within a generally residential area.

http://www.monroecounty.gov/File/HighlandPark.jpg
The bowl is in the upper left, or on the previous link, just above the blue dot between Robinson and Reservoir.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jean_arf/3876677578/
http://rocpic.com/bjf/bug_jar_fest_.html
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jean_arf/3754572227/
Like a mini version of the Hollywood Bowl.

It's fun to go to shows in the middle of nowhere. It's an excuse to get out of town, less competition for tickets, cheaper hotels & parking, etc. I back the idea of going up there for this. Though keep in mind it's probably not going to be a full set like it is for a headline show.
Back to top Go down
Don Carlo
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Don Carlo

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 9:50 pm

Cool thanks a lot. It stinks I wouldn't get to hear a full set but on the plus side could be hearing a lot more new songs since its after the release date. And also getting to see the Offspring will be pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 11:18 pm

Gaslight should do "secret shows" once they get the fan club up and running
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xripped_kneesx
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 11:29 pm

Breanne wrote:

haha, they should have like some secret box office that only fan club members know about and you gotta like know the secret password to get let in. On the outside it could be disguised as something else.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 11:30 pm

Breanne wrote:

haha, they should have like some secret box office that only fan club members know about and you gotta like know the secret password to get let in. On the outside it could be disguised as something else.

Haha, I love this idea! Clap
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 11:31 pm

Breanne wrote:

Almost like a cult High Five
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xripped_kneesx
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 1:20 pm

freakin' 216 dollars on stub hub (for 2). but i got em. i hate scalpers, so much soooooooo much.

It's awful, I like can't even enjoy that I got them b/c the amount of money makes me sick. There's no winning in this. Just trying to remind myself that it's the album release show so it's worth it...right? maybe? ugg.

It'll be worth it when the concert starts. It just stinks right now. Just keep reminding yourself what an amazing concert this is going to be - the album release show! If I was able to go, I would pay the outrageous prices too. I wouldn't be happy about it just like you, but I'd still do it.

I'd just feel better if I had a paying job because when my parents figure it out they might kill me. I'm just gonna eat only ramen from now until the show so I don't spend any more money than absolutely necessary.

For future reference, I think you're better off waiting to buy from stubhub. Tix on stubhub will pretty much always be available until the show. You never know if people on this board (or elsewhere )will have extras for face value. I know there's something to be said about the instant gratification of having tickets but those stubhub tickets will always be there.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 2:42 pm

Also with StubHub, when you sell they give you the option to let your price drop if no one buys it. So I don't know what demand will be later on, but the same tickets could sell for slightly less if they're not snapped up. Or they might not. But it's a possibility.

Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 3:54 pm

Breanne wrote:

like when they played court tavern as "the jukebox romeos"? Smile
Back to top Go down
TheContender
A Contender
A Contender
TheContender

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 5:29 pm

Stubhub showed tickets to the Kansas show at $90 and only "6 available"...but I went to the venue website and they had a link to the tix for $20 a piece. Stubhub is a joke.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 6:30 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

For future reference, I think you're better off waiting to buy from stubhub. Tix on stubhub will pretty much always be available until the show. You never know if people on this board (or elsewhere )will have extras for face value. I know there's something to be said about the instant gratification of having tickets but those stubhub tickets will always be there.

You make a good point but it's not so much about the instant gratification as it is that if they're still in the "suck it up and buy them" range then I'm gonna get them. Because I'd rather pay $96 a pop now, than risk what might later be face value but also could be $150. They're always gonna be there but not necessarily for prices I'm willing to pay. If I wasn't as fortunate as I am, I'd do what you said.

I've probably bought more tickets from stub hub than I have ticketmaster because that's just the way it goes sometimes. I wish it wasn't but I'm not willing to take that risk if I don't have to. (I buy Springsteen tickets a lot and that's usually my only option if I wanna sit closer than the nosebleeds). I don't regret my decision I just wish it was one I didn't have to make.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 6:35 pm

Breanne wrote:
Breanne wrote:

Haha, well if that's the case then you could probably call this site a cult Smile

It's fine, we're not creepy so it's all good.

Just whatever you do, don't drink the kool aid!
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 6:37 pm

Breanne wrote:
Breanne wrote:

Haha, well if that's the case then you could probably call this site a cult Smile

It's fine, we're not creepy so it's all good.

Just whatever you do, don't drink the kool aid!

YEAH! We aren't creepy at all.....we are just AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

US Tour 2012
Page 16 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 28  Next