DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

US Tour 2012

Go down 
+100
Harbortown
PennStateRLZ
Yozzy
Hanswurst
RickySpanish
SubconsciousRitual
Matty'sGotTheBlues
matkins
Hirti
Chesser19
enola
logan2u
gtalbott
Jeff
Vibes
moconnell23
kkent16
sadly_ecstatic
NYYFAN523
Zach_Edelman
CasanovaBaby90
jdc
saltandburn1967
big blue
Sally
IrishNameAndAnInjury
nyranger66
dmac
Velocity
fatbench
bakerfall
miked331
DeathoftheCool
prettyontheinsidex
Kosburn59
DaleCooper
fullcollapse
Don Carlo
sentrand
TGAforLIFE
ashleybb
Gumption
TheContender
Rizz
rumham
LuceroDiehard
_rebekka_
xstevenbx
TGA30
DiamondSinatra
Breanne
EveryLittleSecret
turnitin2004
AlrightToDrive
infoghost
azlisa
Clementine
HighLonesome
Ema100
JukeboxJuliet
charlesepting
Debonair
Mechamunky
bt211
acousticbandit
StitchesOnTheRadio
JimJ
pookieray
RaggedSailsHigh
knuckles
Jack
IKeeptheDiner
Reinvent good times
crutchfield
steph
NeverTrustAJunkie
njguy99
Mary Ann
The Angry Johnny Revue
CluckyB
Klown
Paula
JJW319
brianisbae
Gaslight23
bringiton
simo
eagles1139
ExitEnglish
TGAFAN25
redheadchick
mercyandaminute
SirBrad
Shrewsbury_Stars
colmillionaire
jonnyz83
'49mercury
madsmom
osumarko
ral
104 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

US Tour 2012 - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 1:20 pm

freakin' 216 dollars on stub hub (for 2). but i got em. i hate scalpers, so much soooooooo much.
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 1:20 pm

I am in as well. Had no problem with my transaction, no wait queue or issues checking out. The only thing that threw me off a bit was the additional picture where I have to type in the word and the word was really hard to read. Maybe the picture is to make it harder for automated systems to get to the tickets.
It's almost as if IP addresses are randomly divided who gets access to tickets or not or it's just a matter of luck with a fraction of a second of getting the ticket purchase page and typing in the word.
I was wondering about a second show too.
For everybody still looking I think it's worthwhile trying at least for another half hour.
Back to top Go down
nyranger66
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 1:22 pm

uhh, so my sister actually went to buy tickets in person at the Mercury Lounge, and they didn't print any or enough tickets there!

I got lucky and was able to buy them on Ticketmaster though. Sorry to you guys that couldn't get in Sad
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 1:23 pm

nyranger66 wrote:
Debonair wrote:
got em Cool - album release show cheers

anyone stop and read what the whole shirt and american slang download was? I didnt cause it was all extra fees, so what was that?

It was just a webster hall t-shirt and a download code code for american slang, which i'm sure you already own.

Oh OK no worries then, thanks, haha yeah I do
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 1:23 pm

got em!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xripped_kneesx
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 1:25 pm

If American nightmare can get a second show, then so can tga.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
fatbench
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 1:28 pm

I got effed again. Once again, I had to resort to StubHub, because as wrong as it is to support people who F over fans, I need those tickets. What's going on with that fan club?
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 1:30 pm

colmillionaire wrote:
Well that was some sick joke. At least I've got Boston and DC on that tour. Sorry to Mary Ann, I couldn't even get one let alone more than one.

Yeah I was trying for one.

I mean it seriously went like this:
-The clock turned 12pm
-I put in my request as fast as humanly possible
-I had no wait at all and then it said it was sold out

This is ten seconds into 12pm! I think hipsters/scalpers have invaded our NYC shows since the other cities were not such an ordeal.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 1:30 pm

nyranger66 wrote:
uhh, so my sister actually went to buy tickets in person at the Mercury Lounge, and they didn't print any or enough tickets there!

Explain. I've never tried for in-person tickets there. What happened exactly?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 1:33 pm

fatbench wrote:
I got effed again. Once again, I had to resort to StubHub, because as wrong as it is to support people who F over fans, I need those tickets. What's going on with that fan club?

Same. Oh and stub hub was fun. I had $82 $86 and $92 ones and lost them because I couldn't enter my credit card info fast enough. At least ticketmaster locks those tickets for a period of time so you can do that stuff. I ended up with 2 for $96 each. We really need that fan club like asap. I hope they do add a second NY show, they had to figure this would happen given what happened with the warm up show in Brooklyn.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 1:35 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
freakin' 216 dollars on stub hub (for 2). but i got em. i hate scalpers, so much soooooooo much.

$216?! Shocked That's crazy, but I'm glad you got them anyway.
Back to top Go down
nyranger66
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 1:35 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
nyranger66 wrote:

Explain. I've never tried for in-person tickets there. What happened exactly?

I don't know too many details, and I'm sure she'll be on here to explain further when she gets home, but apparently there were about 30 people on line with her, and when she got to the window they were already sold out.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 1:39 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:

It's awful, I like can't even enjoy that I got them b/c the amount of money makes me sick. There's no winning in this. Just trying to remind myself that it's the album release show so it's worth it...right? maybe? ugg.
Back to top Go down
prettyontheinsidex
A Contender
A Contender
prettyontheinsidex

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 1:39 pm

wow, I had no problems getting mine online today. I was shut out of the Brooklyn show and was so worried about getting tickets to this one. I guess I just got lucky.
Back to top Go down
Sally
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 1:43 pm

Well, that was ridiculous. I was online at 12 on the dot, had 2 computers running, and I kept getting no matches for ten minutes until I finally managed to get through and grab a ticket. It looks like I lucked out, but really, I can't wait for this fanclub.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 1:45 pm

It's awful, I like can't even enjoy that I got them b/c the amount of money makes me sick. There's no winning in this. Just trying to remind myself that it's the album release show so it's worth it...right? maybe? ugg.

It'll be worth it when the concert starts. It just stinks right now. Just keep reminding yourself what an amazing concert this is going to be - the album release show! If I was able to go, I would pay the outrageous prices too. I wouldn't be happy about it just like you, but I'd still do it.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 1:46 pm

I kept trying anyway and still got shut out. This is what happens when scalpers and hipsters get involved! The fact they went right up on StubHub is proof that scalpers are at least partially to blame. So yeah, BRING ON THE FAN CLUB.
Back to top Go down
prettyontheinsidex
A Contender
A Contender
prettyontheinsidex

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 1:49 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
I kept trying anyway and still got shut out. This is what happens when scalpers and hipsters get involved! The fact they went right up on StubHub is proof that scalpers are at least partially to blame. So yeah, BRING ON THE FAN CLUB.

yeah, that fanclub is going to be great, I really can't wait for that. That's really the only way to avoid scalpers, although some of them still manage to get the tickets anyway, but it definitely reduces the problem.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 1:52 pm

It'll be worth it when the concert starts. It just stinks right now. Just keep reminding yourself what an amazing concert this is going to be - the album release show! If I was able to go, I would pay the outrageous prices too. I wouldn't be happy about it just like you, but I'd still do it.

You are right. I am grateful that I was able to do this.

I'd just feel better if I had a paying job because when my parents figure it out they might kill me. I'm just gonna eat only ramen from now until the show so I don't spend any more money than absolutely necessary.
Back to top Go down
Rizz
A Contender
A Contender
Rizz

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 1:55 pm

Was filming something this morning and it ended just in time. I grabbed my friends iphone and got on TM at about 12:02 Had a single ticket come up right away. My buddy got one on his phone a minute or two later.

Hopefully the fan club comes sooner than later. Feel really horrible for everyone got shut out. I just don't understand why they are on a bigger label now with a make it or break it album coming out and they are playing these tiny venues. How is a band suppose to get new fans when they only play places small enough for the hardcore fans to get into, and apparently not even everyone can get in. Play larger venues so there won't be such a thing as scalping. Do they just want to say that they "sell out" every show?
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 1:57 pm

You are right. I am grateful that I was able to do this.

I'd just feel better if I had a paying job because when my parents figure it out they might kill me. I'm just gonna eat only ramen from now until the show so I don't spend any more money than absolutely necessary.

Good plan, Shelby! I hope your parents realize how important this concert is to you and don't get upset.
Back to top Go down
prettyontheinsidex
A Contender
A Contender
prettyontheinsidex

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 1:58 pm

Rizz1048 wrote:
Was filming something this morning and it ended just in time. I grabbed my friends iphone and got on TM at about 12:02 Had a single ticket come up right away. My buddy got one on his phone a minute or two later.

Hopefully the fan club comes sooner than later. Feel really horrible for everyone got shut out. I just don't understand why they are on a bigger label now with a make it or break it album coming out and they are playing these tiny venues. How is a band suppose to get new fans when they only play places small enough for the hardcore fans to get into, and apparently not even everyone can get in. Play larger venues so there won't be such a thing as scalping. Do they just want to say that they "sell out" every show?

They're playing smaller shows to play some older stuff and to kind of reward older fans. Problem is that without the fanclub, its really hard to do that. I wish the fanclub would have come before this tour, but that stuff takes time and it's unfortunate but its just how it is. I'm happy I was able to get tickets and I really feel bad for everyone who got shut out. It's not fair, but scalping exists even with the biggest of venues. I've come to accept that that's just the way it is with concert tickets now.
Back to top Go down
Rizz
A Contender
A Contender
Rizz

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:06 pm

prettyontheinsidex wrote:

They're playing smaller shows to play some older stuff and to kind of reward older fans. Problem is that without the fanclub, its really hard to do that. I wish the fanclub would have come before this tour, but that stuff takes time and it's unfortunate but its just how it is. I'm happy I was able to get tickets and I really feel bad for everyone who got shut out. It's not fair, but scalping exists even with the biggest of venues. I've come to accept that that's just the way it is with concert tickets now.
I've heard the reasons on why they are playing smaller club shows. I understand It's not my band and I should just enjoy the ride, but to me, this is not the time to be doing this. Brian recently talks about playing venues like Giants Stadium one day. These guys need some serious exposure and to get their names out there. They have a brand new album coming out. Why keep fans out that want to come in?
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:07 pm

For a minute I thought it was planned so they could say shows sold out. But judging from Brian's post, it seems even he was caught off guard by what is going on. I think the Convention Hall show, and the fact Springsteen is now mentioned in the same breath with them constantly, has gotten the attention of people wanting to jump on the bandwagon. AND OF COURSE THE FACT THEY'RE AWESOME! ha

I think if they had a clue any of this was going to happen they would have gotten on the Fan Club thing a lot sooner.

Congrats to all who got in. Don't feel bad for me- I'm going to see them in other cities! But seeing them locally is always a special treat so I was disappointed. Hopefully something will work out for those of us who didn't get a ticket today.
Back to top Go down
prettyontheinsidex
A Contender
A Contender
prettyontheinsidex

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:13 pm

it seems that a lot of times, bands aren't actually aware of the demand for them. I agree they should probably be playing bigger shows. Even to do a club tour, they should probably be playing the bigger clubs that hold twice as many people. I'm sure those would sell out too and still be the intimate shows they're looking to play, but at the same time, I'm really glad I'm getting the opportunity to still see them play smaller shows for now since I got into them so late.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

US Tour 2012
Page 15 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next