DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

US Tour 2012

Go down 
+100
Harbortown
PennStateRLZ
Yozzy
Hanswurst
RickySpanish
SubconsciousRitual
Matty'sGotTheBlues
matkins
Hirti
Chesser19
enola
logan2u
gtalbott
Jeff
Vibes
moconnell23
kkent16
sadly_ecstatic
NYYFAN523
Zach_Edelman
CasanovaBaby90
jdc
saltandburn1967
big blue
Sally
IrishNameAndAnInjury
nyranger66
dmac
Velocity
fatbench
bakerfall
miked331
DeathoftheCool
prettyontheinsidex
Kosburn59
DaleCooper
fullcollapse
Don Carlo
sentrand
TGAforLIFE
ashleybb
Gumption
TheContender
Rizz
rumham
LuceroDiehard
_rebekka_
xstevenbx
TGA30
DiamondSinatra
Breanne
EveryLittleSecret
turnitin2004
AlrightToDrive
infoghost
azlisa
Clementine
HighLonesome
Ema100
JukeboxJuliet
charlesepting
Debonair
Mechamunky
bt211
acousticbandit
StitchesOnTheRadio
JimJ
pookieray
RaggedSailsHigh
knuckles
Jack
IKeeptheDiner
Reinvent good times
crutchfield
steph
NeverTrustAJunkie
njguy99
Mary Ann
The Angry Johnny Revue
CluckyB
Klown
Paula
JJW319
brianisbae
Gaslight23
bringiton
simo
eagles1139
ExitEnglish
TGAFAN25
redheadchick
mercyandaminute
SirBrad
Shrewsbury_Stars
colmillionaire
jonnyz83
'49mercury
madsmom
osumarko
ral
104 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28
AuthorMessage
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

US Tour 2012 - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 12:48 pm

At Birmingham in the UK it worked brilliantly. You could hear a pin drop as they started their set with Mae and it just created a really amazing atmosphere. Then they kicked into The '59 Sound which was pretty impressive. I like Mae as an opener.
Back to top Go down
BKO5950505
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
BKO5950505

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 12:59 pm

Christophe wrote:
At Birmingham in the UK it worked brilliantly. You could hear a pin drop as they started their set with Mae and it just created a really amazing atmosphere. Then they kicked into The '59 Sound which was pretty impressive. I like Mae as an opener.
I like it as well. Last night in Philly they:
Spoiler:
The crowd reaction to it was great.
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 3:52 pm

Curious....when was the last time they played Say I won't Recognize? I don't think I've heard that live since '08...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xripped_kneesx
big blue
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 4:23 pm

At Webster hall this summer, they opened with Mae, in the darkness with the twinkling lights on the screen behind them. It was incredible.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 5:09 pm

Breanne wrote:
To those who have been to shows on this tour, how do you feel about them opening with Mae?

Personally, I love it. At the cd release show in July, they played Mae and kicked right in to '59 Sound and that was wicked powerful.
Just wondering how everyone feels, some people in line before the Boston show were saying how they didn't know if they'd like a slow opening song

I actually started a thread on this a while back because I was concerned about some negativity with it and wanted to know what was going on. Turns out more people liked it than I thought.
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 5:41 pm

Breanne wrote:
Curious....when was the last time they played Say I won't Recognize? I don't think I've heard that live since '08...

I got it twice in 2009 and according to setlist.fm it got some run during the AS tour in 2010, and a stretch overseas in 2011, nothing yet this year.

Would love if they added it back in at some point. What I'm trying to figure out is across the two DC shows I'm seeing, what is the proper number of unique songs to expect to hear? If they're playing about 25 songs per night, I'd think that they would be able to change out around 10 or so pretty easily, especially since they're starting to show a willingness to drop stalwarts like AS and OWL on occasion. It shall be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 6:39 pm

jdc wrote:
Breanne wrote:

I got it twice in 2009 and according to setlist.fm it got some run during the AS tour in 2010, and a stretch overseas in 2011, nothing yet this year.

Would love if they added it back in at some point. What I'm trying to figure out is across the two DC shows I'm seeing, what is the proper number of unique songs to expect to hear? If they're playing about 25 songs per night, I'd think that they would be able to change out around 10 or so pretty easily, especially since they're starting to show a willingness to drop stalwarts like AS and OWL on occasion. It shall be interesting.
Heres the songs they did at Boston that they didn't do in Philly last night, and visa versa, out of a 27 song set.

BOSTON:

Biloxi Parish
Halloween
State of Love and Trust (Pearl Jam cover)
The Queen of Lower Chelsea
American Slang

PHILLY:

Old White Lincoln
Even Cowgirls Get the Blues
SeƱor and the Queen
I'da Called You Woody, Joe
I Can't Steal You (with Matthew Ryan)
Astro Zombies (Misfits cover)
Drive

Sooo, theres like 6-7 that they change around it seems. It'll be interesting to see the difference between the next three nights in NYC
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xripped_kneesx
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 11:01 am

Breanne wrote:

Sooo, theres like 6-7 that they change around it seems. It'll be interesting to see the difference between the next three nights in NYC

And the question is also whether or not their setlists will be influenced by the last two NYC shows being taped, apparently (or maybe all 3).

Using setlist, they played 24 songs on night 1 and 25 on night 2.

The differences were:

Night 1:

Casanova, Baby!
Film Noir
Blue Dahlia
Keepsake
Blue Jeans and White T-Shirts

Night 2:
Handwritten
Howl
Old White Lincoln
Wooderson
Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis?
Halloween

So that's 31 unique songs across two nights? And I counted 6 songs for Philly/Boston that I didn't see on the NYC setlists (4 SoS songs and 2 covers), so 37 across four nights? They could be doing better but I at least hope to get a few different ones each night in DC and I hope that the ones I do get are ones I haven't heard in awhile, as well. But beggars can't be choosers.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 2:00 pm

I'm fixin to go to raleigh!
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 3:00 pm

is the axs nyc broadcast available to watch anywhere?
Back to top Go down
LittleEden
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
LittleEden

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 12:45 pm

I'm going to my first Gaslight concert. I got tickets for the Detroit show and I was wondering how early I should get there in order to get near the front (let's say 1st to 4th row) in GA. It's a small venue (The Fillmore) but I want to get up front cause I have been waiting awhile to see TGA live! Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 12:53 pm

LittleEden wrote:
I'm going to my first Gaslight concert. I got tickets for the Detroit show and I was wondering how early I should get there in order to get near the front (let's say 1st to 4th row) in GA. It's a small venue (The Fillmore) but I want to get up front cause I have been waiting awhile to see TGA live! Thanks guys

I saw them twice last year, first at a smallish venue, then at a larger House of Blues in Boston. At the first show I was hanging around the area (it was in July) and people had been in line since noon that day. I got in line about a hour and a half before doors opened and ended up like 4-5 rows back. Then when I was them at the House of Blues, I got in line one hour, maybe a hour and a half before doors and ended up at the front directly in front of Alex R. It was freezing that day though so that may have been why there weren't that many people in line (at first...the line started to get long maybe 20 mins after i got there). Waiting in line really really sucks especially when it's cold, but it ended up being the best show I've been to. I'd say it's worth the temporary discomfort for a night of awesome memories. Anywho, hope I was able to help...have fun!
Back to top Go down
LittleEden
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
LittleEden

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 2:47 pm

NicholasHorror wrote:
LittleEden wrote:

I saw them twice last year, first at a smallish venue, then at a larger House of Blues in Boston. At the first show I was hanging around the area (it was in July) and people had been in line since noon that day. I got in line about a hour and a half before doors opened and ended up like 4-5 rows back. Then when I was them at the House of Blues, I got in line one hour, maybe a hour and a half before doors and ended up at the front directly in front of Alex R. It was freezing that day though so that may have been why there weren't that many people in line (at first...the line started to get long maybe 20 mins after i got there). Waiting in line really really sucks especially when it's cold, but it ended up being the best show I've been to. I'd say it's worth the temporary discomfort for a night of awesome memories. Anywho, hope I was able to help...have fun!

Thanks man, I went see The Killers and waited in line for 10 hours in the freezing rain to get in the front. Definitely worth it. I'll get there early for the TGA concert especially if it's nice weather. Can't wait only 18 days till the concert, thanks for the help!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US Tour 2012   US Tour 2012 - Page 28 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

US Tour 2012
Page 28 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28