DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order

Go down 
+29
songs like a comfort
El Jefe
steady now steady now
Crockin
Paula
SirBrad
LuceroDiehard
TGAforLIFE
kirstyt
Hirti
bobbyjames
azlisa
EveryLittleSecret
steph
TheEmptyBones
IrishNameAndAnInjury
jerzshore732
Jerseyrain
Camus
ThisMachineKillsFascists
luckyman
riversedge
bringiton
Klown
Van Der Twix
Shrewsbury_Stars
brucesboots
njguy99
Bea
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 5:20 pm

Klown wrote:

I was thinking about this earlier...in regards to wondering what sort of deal and contract they had, in regards to vinyl distribution. I know vinyl sales are up and all, just a lot of companies still don't worry about making a big deal about them. Would be an interesting question to ask the guys some time.

Although judging my El Jefe's comments tonight, we might be getting something cool for the album package.

Man, I hope so!

On a side note, I found this on the Vintage Vinyl web site, from way back in 2008. Click on the bottom pictures to see Alex L in a RUN DMC shirt! The video's pretty decent too...

http://www.vvinyl.com/instore/Gaslight_Anthem_2nd
Back to top Go down
Paula
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Paula

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 5:41 pm

amazon.de canĀ“t deliver either. I hope to catch a copy at the merch table next week.
Back to top Go down
EveryLittleSecret
A Contender
A Contender
EveryLittleSecret

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 6:07 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
njguy99 wrote:
I picked mine up this afternoon. Was a little disappointed that they put such a thin sleeve on it - but then again they are going for the whole "retro" thing.

I liked the version of You Got Lucky - but it definitely was a "cover" and not a reinterpretation. Good thing, Bad thing? I'm not sure yet...

I was a little disappointed with the quality of the sleeve too. I was expecting something like the Ladykiller or She Loves You sleeve, a thicker card stock. This one won't hold up as well, I'm afraid. But I'm not really complaining, I'm just happy to have the record! Smile

I was talking to brian at the new york show about the packaging.....

He was joking about how major labels dont have a clue about packaging, and how he is gonna have to have a sit down about it. he seemed just as confused/disappointed with the whole thing as well
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 6:12 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
Has anybody who ordered from ShopRadioCast gotten theirs yet? I'm hoping my copy comes today! I'm so excited to hear You Got Lucky after hearing what all you guys think of it!

I didn't order from ShopRadioCast this time, but I have in the past and unless you pay extra for priority mail, you will probably be waiting a while. I think it usually takes 2-3 weeks for me to get an order from them. But it will be worth the wait because 45 sounds awesome and their cover of You Got Lucky is fantastic! I'm sure you're going to love it.

Yeah, I've ordered from them before and gotten stuff pretty fast, but anytime I pre-order something it takes forever for it to come! I'm just gonna have to start ordering from somewhere else, I suppose!
Back to top Go down
EveryLittleSecret
A Contender
A Contender
EveryLittleSecret

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 1:49 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
Has anybody who ordered from ShopRadioCast gotten theirs yet? I'm hoping my copy comes today! I'm so excited to hear You Got Lucky after hearing what all you guys think of it!

I didn't order from ShopRadioCast this time, but I have in the past and unless you pay extra for priority mail, you will probably be waiting a while. I think it usually takes 2-3 weeks for me to get an order from them. But it will be worth the wait because 45 sounds awesome and their cover of You Got Lucky is fantastic! I'm sure you're going to love it.

Yeah, I've ordered from them before and gotten stuff pretty fast, but anytime I pre-order something it takes forever for it to come! I'm just gonna have to start ordering from somewhere else, I suppose!

i canceled my SRC order and went with interpunk this time, cause it was slightly cheaper. I got my copy of 45 on 5/17, way before SRC would sent it
Back to top Go down
Crockin
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Crockin

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 10:19 am

So has anyone received their copy from Banquet yet?

I pre-ordered on there the second it went up, but the money hasn't gone from my bank account yet...

Sooooo I'm just kinda unsure whether I should e-mail and ask if it's dispatched, or even released yet - as soon as I can too, before the 30 copies left get sold out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/crockin
bobbyjames
A Contender
A Contender
bobbyjames

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 12:22 pm

Crockin wrote:
So has anyone received their copy from Banquet yet?

I pre-ordered on there the second it went up, but the money hasn't gone from my bank account yet...

Sooooo I'm just kinda unsure whether I should e-mail and ask if it's dispatched, or even released yet - as soon as I can too, before the 30 copies left get sold out.

I haven't recieved mine yet, but I think I have been charged for it.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 12:46 pm

Banquet only charge when they ship, or when they have to pay up front for a big order (like the recent JEW - Bleed American release) As far as I know, Banquet aren't getting their stock in, until next week.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
Crockin
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Crockin

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 7:31 pm

Klown wrote:
As far as I know, Banquet aren't getting their stock in, until next week.

Alright, that's cool then. I shall give it until then Smile thanks for the info man.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/crockin
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 7:26 am

Banquet just emailed to say:

"The latest news we have is that this is NOT getting a UK release. We have 400 imports coming and will try to get more. Anyone who's ordered a 7" to date will receive the import. We'll, of course, honour the price you agreed to, which might be a touch less than the price it should be. The early bird catches the worm n all."
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 7:27 am

First week in June for their delivery as well apparently.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 2:16 pm

My copy has got as far as Chicago so far. This could be a while... Razz
Back to top Go down
El Jefe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 3:22 pm

I don't even have a copy. I gave mine away. I think she has a turntable. My kids would use it as a throwing star.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eljefedesign.com
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 4:49 pm

El Jefe wrote:
I don't even have a copy. I gave mine away. I think she has a turntable. My kids would use it as a throwing star.

...or this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIoQyOHqgAw
Back to top Go down
songs like a comfort
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
songs like a comfort

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 4:39 pm

bought my one at the bremen concert... amazon.de still hasnĀ“t send it

aaaaaaaaand it was cheaper (5 EUR)
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 10:21 pm

Super thing flimsy packaging. Not impressed at all.
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 11:04 pm

Bluuu wrote:
Super thing flimsy packaging. Not impressed at all.

i agree. i almost ripped the packaging trying to get the plastic off!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 10:09 am

For those still looking and not wanting to spend a lot of money, there was a lot put up on eBay this morning for $6.36, free shipping. Can't beat that.

Yeah, the packaging is cheap, but it's the music that matters. Perhaps they were going for the old school 45 packaging, which in most cases was even worse than this. I still hope all of the formats for Handwritten are packaged better than this.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 10:15 am

SirBrad wrote:
Perhaps they were going for the old school 45 packaging, which in most cases was even worse than this.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Think we are just spoilt with deluxe editions and colour variants in this day and age, hence some people aren't as happy as they should be with it.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 1:40 am

45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 4 Dscf8110
Back to top Go down
songs like a comfort
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
songs like a comfort

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 2:19 am

Awesome! How did you get this?
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 2:21 am

songs like a comfort wrote:
Awesome! How did you get this?

after the Bremen show
Back to top Go down
songs like a comfort
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
songs like a comfort

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 2:28 am

Shit! I was there too... pale

Saw a couple of people standing outside between the bus and the doors and waiting but we had to leave. Shit!
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 2:31 am

songs like a comfort wrote:
Shit! I was there too... pale

Saw a couple of people standing outside between the bus and the doors and waiting but we had to leave. Shit!

yepp, thats where we were.
Back to top Go down
songs like a comfort
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
songs like a comfort

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 7:44 am

Like the single says: "You got lucky" ! Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next