DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order

Go down 
+29
songs like a comfort
El Jefe
steady now steady now
Crockin
Paula
SirBrad
LuceroDiehard
TGAforLIFE
kirstyt
Hirti
bobbyjames
azlisa
EveryLittleSecret
steph
TheEmptyBones
IrishNameAndAnInjury
jerzshore732
Jerseyrain
Camus
ThisMachineKillsFascists
luckyman
riversedge
bringiton
Klown
Van Der Twix
Shrewsbury_Stars
brucesboots
njguy99
Bea
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 7:21 am

steph wrote:
azlisa wrote:
IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
My order from Interpunk was waiting for me when I got home from work and I listened to it right away. 45 sounds amazing on vinyl, of course, and I absolutely love their cover of You Got Lucky! It's true to the original, but has a distinct Gaslight quality that just makes it so cool. I think Tom would be very proud!

does it come with an MP3 download for 45? I was hoping...but not many bands do that from my experience!

mine didn't! i already bought it on iTunes though.

Mine didn't either. I was hoping it would so I could get You Got Lucky on my iPod, but I'll just have to wait for the album to come out.
Back to top Go down
Hirti
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 11:13 am

AAW, I wanted to order it yesterday on amazon.de and I forgot and now it's apparently sold out. Bummer. Sad
Back to top Go down
kirstyt
Wooderson
Wooderson
kirstyt

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 2:33 pm

Hirti wrote:
AAW, I wanted to order it yesterday on amazon.de and I forgot and now it's apparently sold out. Bummer. Sad

http://www.banquetrecords.com/MER45

^ They still have some copies, if that's of any help Smile
Back to top Go down
Hirti
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 2:57 pm

kirstyt wrote:
Hirti wrote:

It is, thank you! Smile Almost 20€ for a 7" is pretty expensive though.
Back to top Go down
kirstyt
Wooderson
Wooderson
kirstyt

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 3:02 pm

Hirti wrote:
kirstyt wrote:
Hirti wrote:

It is, thank you! Smile Almost 20€ for a 7" is pretty expensive though.

No worries Smile
Ouch, that is quite pricey! I'm not sure of anywhere else that still has it in stock, I'm afraid!
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 3:06 pm

steph wrote:
azlisa wrote:
My order from Interpunk was waiting for me when I got home from work and I listened to it right away. 45 sounds amazing on vinyl, of course, and I absolutely love their cover of You Got Lucky! It's true to the original, but has a distinct Gaslight quality that just makes it so cool. I think Tom would be very proud!

does it come with an MP3 download for 45? I was hoping...but not many bands do that from my experience!

mine didn't! i already bought it on iTunes though.

Mine didn't either. I was hoping it would so I could get You Got Lucky on my iPod, but I'll just have to wait for the album to come out.

I thought it was so good too!! I got it in the mail, and needless to say, I was pretty excited. I would have to agree Shannon, it would probably make Tom proud to hear them covering it. Smile

...the only downside is the vinyl wasn't colored. But, oh well. It sounds like the album will have color variants. Smile
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 3:07 pm

steph wrote:
"You Got Lucky" has a similar theme to "Bring It On", at least to me. Brian's always singing to the girl he thinks is gonna leave him for another man...

haha So true Steph! High Five
Back to top Go down
TheEmptyBones
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TheEmptyBones

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:32 pm

Just got my 7 inch in the mail. Loving "You Got Lucky". Anybody know what's the best program to rip music from a record player? My player has a usb and aux.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 7:01 pm

I'll not cancel my Banquet order, if anyone needs a spare copy, I'll do it for £5.99 (my cost + postage from Banquet) + my postage to you, which I PROMISE, won't work out to over 20 euros...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 8:06 pm

I picked mine up this afternoon. Was a little disappointed that they put such a thin sleeve on it - but then again they are going for the whole "retro" thing.

I liked the version of You Got Lucky - but it definitely was a "cover" and not a reinterpretation. Good thing, Bad thing? I'm not sure yet...
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 8:30 pm

njguy99 wrote:
I picked mine up this afternoon. Was a little disappointed that they put such a thin sleeve on it - but then again they are going for the whole "retro" thing.

I liked the version of You Got Lucky - but it definitely was a "cover" and not a reinterpretation. Good thing, Bad thing? I'm not sure yet...

I was a little disappointed with the quality of the sleeve too. I was expecting something like the Ladykiller or She Loves You sleeve, a thicker card stock. This one won't hold up as well, I'm afraid. But I'm not really complaining, I'm just happy to have the record! Smile
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 8:04 am

WTF? AMAZON DELAYS DELIVERY OF THE SINGLE

Hello,

We're writing about the order you placed on May 08, 2012 (Order# 105-5503711-6509857). Unfortunately, we are unable to ship the item(s) as soon as we expected and need to provide you with a new estimate of when the item(s) may be delivered:

Gaslight Anthem "45 / You Got Lucky"
New Delivery Estimate: June 01, 2012 - June 06, 2012

We will make every effort to get the delayed item(s) to you as soon as possible. If there are other items in your order, they'll be shipped according to the delivery estimates listed in the order details in Your Account (www.amazon.com/youraccount) at no additional cost.

For more information about this order please visit:

www.amazon.com/youraccount

If your shipment arrives too late, you may either refuse delivery or return it to us for a refund. For returns instructions, please visit our Returns Center at:

www.amazon.com/returns

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this delay.
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 8:08 am

That's crazy! I wonder why they don't have it in stock when other places do. Plus they were more expensive than Interpunk and ShopRadioCast. Amazon is going downhill! Sad

I hope you get your 45 of "45" soon, Bobby!
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 8:33 am

That seems to be happening alot with Amazon now, the most recent I can think of, is the PJ20 vinyl soundtrack, such a mess in regards to that album, but Amazon didn't help with their taking of orders, then not been able to fulfil them orders. They also started re-taking orders a few weeks ago, when they had no stock anyway, and thus had to cancel the orders again.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 9:01 am

That's crazy! I wonder why they don't have it in stock when other places do. Plus they were more expensive than Interpunk and ShopRadioCast. Amazon is going downhill! Sad

Thanks--I found it online for only $4.99 form a store in Jersey--might order it from there and cancel Amazon order
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 9:05 am

bobbyw24 wrote:

Thanks--I found it online for only $4.99 form a store in Jersey--might order it from there and cancel Amazon order

That's good! Did you find it at Vintage Vinyl (vvinyl.com)? I have ordered from them before and was really happy.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 9:11 am

That's good! Did you find it at Vintage Vinyl (vvinyl.com)? I have ordered from them before and was really happy.

Great--yep; that's the one

Also gonna check with the one indy store in NE Florida--Music Matters in St Augustine on my way to the Lucero show tonight
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 9:22 am

Has anybody who ordered from ShopRadioCast gotten theirs yet? I'm hoping my copy comes today! I'm so excited to hear You Got Lucky after hearing what all you guys think of it!
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 11:59 am

Shopcastradio got an extra 200 copies in, probably worth a shout there, if you can put up with the shittiness of their service.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 12:18 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
Has anybody who ordered from ShopRadioCast gotten theirs yet? I'm hoping my copy comes today! I'm so excited to hear You Got Lucky after hearing what all you guys think of it!

I didn't order from ShopRadioCast this time, but I have in the past and unless you pay extra for priority mail, you will probably be waiting a while. I think it usually takes 2-3 weeks for me to get an order from them. But it will be worth the wait because 45 sounds awesome and their cover of You Got Lucky is fantastic! I'm sure you're going to love it.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 3:20 pm

I stopped in Vintage Vinyl on my lunch break and they must have 20-30 copies of '45' for $4.99.

And this is factoring in that they've had this in stock for a few days now and i saw 2 people walking around the store with a copy in their hand.

I bought some other stuff but probably should have bought another copy of this just for backup purposes.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 4:38 pm

njguy99 wrote:

I was a little disappointed with the quality of the sleeve too. I was expecting something like the Ladykiller or She Loves You sleeve, a thicker card stock. This one won't hold up as well, I'm afraid. But I'm not really complaining, I'm just happy to have the record! Smile

i thought maybe i was the only one that noticed that...or that maybe i just hadn't purchased a 7" in a long time and that's how they were...

doesn't really matter, but i did notice it!
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 5:05 pm

bobbyw24 wrote:

Also gonna check with the one indy store in NE Florida--Music Matters in St Augustine on my way to the Lucero show tonight

Definitely order from them. That's the store nearest me and where I got my copy yesterday. They're great people and deserve the business!
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 5:07 pm

steph wrote:
njguy99 wrote:

i thought maybe i was the only one that noticed that...or that maybe i just hadn't purchased a 7" in a long time and that's how they were...

doesn't really matter, but i did notice it!

I wonder if it was by design, trying to make the disc look more like an old-school 45 with the big hole in the middle and the thin paper sleeve, or if Mercury cut corners because they put this out as a favor to the band.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 5:07 pm

njguy99 wrote:
bobbyw24 wrote:

Definitely order from them. That's the store nearest me and where I got my copy yesterday. They're great people and deserve the business!

This.

Ordered from them before, and as an overseas shopper, was more than happy with their service and communication.

njguy99 wrote:

I wonder if it was by design, trying to make the disc look more like an old-school 45 with the big hole in the middle and the thin paper sleeve, or if Mercury cut corners because they put this out as a favor to the band.

I was thinking about this earlier...in regards to wondering what sort of deal and contract they had, in regards to vinyl distribution. I know vinyl sales are up and all, just a lot of companies still don't worry about making a big deal about them. Would be an interesting question to ask the guys some time.

Although judging my El Jefe's comments tonight, we might be getting something cool for the album package.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order   45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

45/You Got Lucky 7'' pre-order
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next