DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spam

Go down 
+14
Harbortown
Labhras
Van Der Twix
driftwood
NeverTrustAJunkie
TGAforLIFE
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Debonair
Philo
steph
plugga
JimmyB
Klown
Camus
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:20 pm

ok guys I am going to bed before I watch every single Gallows video on youtube hahaha night everyone wave
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:24 pm

Night Ilaria!!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 32 Empty

Goodnight, Ilaria, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY again! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 32 Empty

A friend once said

"Look. We've all been through shit. That's no excuse not to act right."

Jimmy you're old enough to take responsibility for your actions instead of blaming it on how other people have treated you in the past or are treating you now.

If nothing else, what I don't understand is that everyone here wants you to stop posting negativity but you won't. What's the excuse for ignoring us?

'Night Ilaria!
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:29 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
A friend once said

Jimmy you're old enough to take responsibility for your actions instead of blaming it on how other people have treated you in the past or are treating you now.

If nothing else, what I don't understand is that everyone here wants you to stop posting negativity but you won't. What's the excuse for ignoring us?

I honestly think Jimmy's a bit of an ass, the way he acts, and seems to treat and judge people. Self-involved user.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:31 pm

More wise words of wisdom from Lorraine! Listen to her, Jimmy!

You are totally right. Jimmy is an adult and he chooses how he lives his life and how he acts. It doesn't matter what happened in the past, he doesn't have to present himself like a victim or a human Eeyore. We all have a past, we all have pain, we all have issues, and we are all screwed up to some degree. But we deal with it and don't drag others down with us. Be the person you want to be, Jimmy, not the person you say the meanies made you. Do you even care that all of us care?
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:34 pm

The thing is, here I go again investing time in trying to make Jimmy feel better and he will not care. He's content to be unhappy cus that's his identity. I have sympathy to an extent, but at a certain point, get the fuck over everything that's happened. The bullying- that's a reflection on those people not you. But dragging us all down with negative posts is on YOU, not them. Sad

I gotta start taking a Ricky Gervais/Karl Pilkington attitude towards all this or I will go nuts coming here.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:37 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
A friend once said

I honestly think Jimmy's a bit of an ass, the way he acts, and seems to treat and judge people. Self-involved user.

I kinda agree...also if he continues to post type of things that people have asked him to stop than maybe a couse of action is needed.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:39 pm

I feel the same way, Lorraine. I have been trying to help him for so long because I feel bad that he feels bad, but it's driving me crazy. His negativity brings me down and I'm down enough without any help from someone else. But do I go around complaining about my life CONSTANTLY and looking for sympathy? No, because I'm not selfish like that.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:41 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
A friend once said

I kinda agree...also if he continues to post type of things that people have asked him to stop than maybe a couse of action is needed.

Maybe an admin needs to send him an official warning... It's upsetting that he's so depressed and I really don't want to see him banned, but it's effecting us in a negative way and bringing the mood of this place down.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:43 pm

We should just create a thread called "Jimmy." and move all his depressing posts there, instead of cluttering the board with nonsense and driving everyone insane.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:45 pm

I like helping people and coddling them when they are truly looking to advance themselves. But when I'm met with belligerence, I stop caring.

I definitely don't want to make you feel worse Jimmy but I mean it's starting to get out of hand and affecting the quality of the board. We obviously can't help ourselves either because it's our nature to want to help someone feeling down. But we can't hold your hand all the time. That's why I say get in touch with someone who does this professionally.

Quote :
We should just create a thread called "Jimmy." and move all his depressing posts there, instead of cluttering the board with nonsense and driving everyone insane.

Yes. And also my Jimmy FAQ thread where we tell newcomers what we've already advised and what the response to that advice was so that we save them from wasting their time.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:46 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:

I second this. "Jimmy's Issues - Enter At Your Own Risk".

Jimmy, why don't you speak up and say that you will try harder to not be so negative? Defend yourself, dude!
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:46 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
A friend once said

Maybe an admin needs to send him an official warning... It's upsetting that he's so depressed and I really don't want to see him banned, but it's effecting us in a negative way and bringing the mood of this place down.

I'll check with other admins first....also I don't want to create a thread just for him because its useless, and last thing we need is him complaining about how no one reads or checks the things he posts on his own tread...I've been to told to not create useless threads anyway.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:55 pm

In the end, the quality of the board is our responsibility too and I'm one of the guilty ones encouraging it by responding. So maybe I'll try (for real) not to acknowledge the posts I can't stand if everyone else tries too Embarassed
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:57 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
In the end, the quality of the board is our responsibility too and I'm one of the guilty ones encouraging it by responding. So maybe I'll try (for real) not to acknowledge the posts I can't stand if everyone else tries too Embarassed

I'll try too, because we all know I'm guilty! Embarassed It's going to be hard because I don't want to be mean or rude to him, but this is just insane.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

Spam - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:59 pm

i agree. but i dont see how it's that big of a deal
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 11:01 pm

It's just ignoring a post. It's not ruining Jimmy's life. It's saving ours by letting go! LOL Debonair and his/our collective mental health will thank us for it.

And now, I'm going to watch Behind the Scenes on Dancing With The Stars because I like ridiculous programming sometimes.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 11:03 pm

so guys....I have two short essays due tomorrow (1000 words minimum)
really don'y wanna start.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 11:13 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
so guys....I have two short essays due tomorrow (1000 words minimum)
really don'y wanna start.

Yuck.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 11:14 pm

Procrastinator! 1000 words isn't too bad. What are the topics?
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 11:16 pm

essay 1 is about Identity and how do historical archaeologist define the term and what materials they use to analyze it.

essay 2 is how do anthropologists think and talk about racialized, gendered and ethnic identities.

I have a list of sources give to me by the Professor that I have to use to write both essays...which kinda sucks because I have to cite and use all the sources.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 11:30 pm

Ugh, I hated having to site essays with specific sources like that. I would much rather do the research on my own and use the material I think works best for what I want to write. That kind of structure takes the fun out of it for me. At least those topics sound pretty interesting though. Especially the second one. I would think 1000 words would be pretty easy, but I guess it depends on what resources you are working with.
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

Spam - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 11:34 pm

Hey my Dimestore friends!

wave

Essays... scratch Well yeah, they sound like interesting topics!
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 11:35 pm

the reason we have those specific sources/articles is cause we were supposed to read em during the past couple weeks...of course, me being a lazy and getting senioritis, I decided not to even look at the reading until today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spam - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 32 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spam
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next