DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My firsts-JimmyB's mixtape

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

My firsts-JimmyB's mixtape Empty
PostSubject: My firsts-JimmyB's mixtape   My firsts-JimmyB's mixtape Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 6:47 pm

Okay. The theme here is My first songs from some of my favorite musicians that have an influence on my songwriting, playing, and how I try to make myself a better musician.

http://8tracks.com/jimmybgaslight/dimestore-saints-mix

1.Born To Run
What can I say that hasn't been said before about this amazing song? This song is off the album that saved my love of playing guitar. Like so many before myself (and many after) This was my introduction onto the train ride that is Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, and what an amazing ride it has been.

2.Roll Me away.
My First Bob Seger song I ever heard. The Lyrics speak so much of a younger man's feelings and how it could all be changed by straddling a Two Wheeler across the country. It is also shows how we all need to do a journey to find ourselves.

3.Cocaine
My First Eric Clapton song. I like the lyrics, It also shows that you do not need to play fast to have a great solo. IO also like the laid back style of playing.

4.Small Town
First John Mellencamp song I listened to, and learned. It is a great simple chord song, that is easy to play.

5.God Gave Me You.
First Blake Shelton song I heard on the radio. It has inspired me to look through his past hits, and get into modern country.

6.Free Falling
Tom Petty's first song for me. I like how it is also laid back, and it is a pretty classic song that everyone knows.

7.Fingerprints-Joe Grushecky
A song from a Local artist that proves he never has gotten the attention he deserves as a musician. He has Played with Springsteen, but he deserved the attention that Bruce gets.

8.Winter Winds.
First Mumford and Sons song I ever heard. It was actually funny how I came across it. I was waiting for The live Youtube stream of The Gaslight Anthem from Bonnaroo in 2010, when I tuned in, this different rocking band came on...WITH A BANJO!
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: My firsts-JimmyB's mixtape   My firsts-JimmyB's mixtape Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 12:16 pm

Okay, it is all set up and ready.
Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

PostSubject: Re: My firsts-JimmyB's mixtape   My firsts-JimmyB's mixtape Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 5:22 pm

Will check this out soon, only heard the opener and closer so looking forward to the rest
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My firsts-JimmyB's mixtape   My firsts-JimmyB's mixtape Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 6:11 pm

I was expecting more country.
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: My firsts-JimmyB's mixtape   My firsts-JimmyB's mixtape Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 6:13 pm

Cool! I'll have to check it out Jimmy. Good song pics!
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: My firsts-JimmyB's mixtape   My firsts-JimmyB's mixtape Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 6:48 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
I like country on the radio. I do not have any in my iTunes library minus Shelton, and some Willie Nelson.
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: My firsts-JimmyB's mixtape   My firsts-JimmyB's mixtape Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:53 pm

JimmyB wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
I like country on the radio. I do not have any in my iTunes library minus Shelton, and some Willie Nelson.

Hey, yeah. That was a good mix Jimmy! I enjoyed all the classic rock. Oh, and I also enjoyed the Grushecky.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My firsts-JimmyB's mixtape   My firsts-JimmyB's mixtape Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My firsts-JimmyB's mixtape
Page 1 of 1