DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)

Go down 
+83
miked331
Grant Michael
Jack
RaggedSailsHigh
Labhras
mrklenrd
PC89
riversedge
jzancan
Chris Riot
HorribleCrowe
azlisa
CluckyB
StitchesOnTheRadio
JimmyB
eagles1139
semrad8
brianisbae
CasanovaBaby90
BuddyHolly
stephendgaf
ccr_2108
Mary Ann
norwegianstar
moosicmaniac
Don Carlo
Shorestyle69
JJW319
Holland
Prisoner
thecosmickid
kirstyt
cheddar88
TheOtherNewestOne
Klown
AmSlang59
Jerseyrain
drifter69
chickenman
backseat99
TGAFAN25
steph
Bea
cephcarn4
dmac
mrsincere
bt211
TMulv
DaleCooper
turnitin2004
rivercities
Velocity
EveryLittleSecret
fatbench
big blue
SirBrad
ral
LuceroDiehard
IKeeptheDiner
rumham
No Retreat
prettyontheinsidex
J.B.R.
mercyandaminute
NeverTrustAJunkie
TGAforLIFE
plugga
TGA30
Camus
The Angry Johnny Revue
acousticbandit
YouCanCallMeSally
nyranger66
njguy99
Jules
Shrewsbury_Stars
colmillionaire
'49mercury
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Rizz
Christophe
Debonair
rsj
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
prettyontheinsidex
A Contender
A Contender
prettyontheinsidex

Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:41 am

I give up, I can't sit here refreshing the page all day with false hope. I wish I could but ya know, real life gets in the way sometime haha
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:42 am

ericlange wrote:
Sir brad, if it is still abailable, I would love the ticket. I can paypal ASAP. Ericlange@Verizon.net is my email.

Yo Eric, I sent you a PM. Glad to help someone out.

Brad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:43 am

The worst part is that we had tickets in the cart already and THEN were shut out. Booo
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:44 am

Also, since there were some freakouts about the ticket price for Convention Hall, just FYI these are only $26 (then some fees). But if you read Sir Brad's post then you would know that already. Duh.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:45 am

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
SirBrad wrote:
I got shut out and kept refreshing like a nut and at 10:03 I was able to land 2 tickets and got through checkout. Tickets are will-call only.

Anyhow, thing is – I accidentally bought 2 and I only needed 1 because my wife can't go with me. So since I am pretty nice, I am going to offer up 1 ticket for the price I Just paid ($34) to anyone who wants to Paypal me the money in advance of the show). We can arrange to meet up before the show so I can get you in the door.

Keep refreshing guys, I think they might be releasing like 6 at a time or something.

Solid move on your part.

I think what's happening is that some credit card orders get cancelled and tix go back into the pot.

I got shut out the first time…I added the 2 tickets and then the secret code word was so messed up I couldn't make it out and typed it in wrong – I re-typed it and in those 20 seconds that was enough time to lose the tickets.

I think some credit card orders may be canceled, but I still think they are only randomly releasing some every so often. With that said, I really can't imagine they released much more than 100 tickets for pre-sale considering the size of the venue.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:49 am

Yeah I could barely see the captcha code too, but it put me through to the cart.

LOL I'm looking down at my credit card that's still sitting here, waiting and hopeful that it will be used. *puts it away sadly*
Back to top Go down
big blue
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:53 am

Sir Brad truly rocks for helping with a ticket. The same thing happened with convention hall, but tickets trickled out all weekend and were available right up to the official sale by ticketmaster.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:54 am

SirBrad wrote:

I got shut out the first time…I added the 2 tickets and then the secret code word was so messed up I couldn't make it out and typed it in wrong – I re-typed it and in those 20 seconds that was enough time to lose the tickets.

I think some credit card orders may be canceled, but I still think they are only randomly releasing some every so often. With that said, I really can't imagine they released much more than 100 tickets for pre-sale considering the size of the venue.

It's more likely that tickets are becoming available because carts are expiring when people don't/can't check out in time. I'd be surprised if someone is manually adding a few tickets at a time to the pool. There just aren't a lot a tickets during the presale, definitely not enough to meet demand. The bad part is people are going to get shutout on Friday too. This place just isn't very big.

Last edited by ral on Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fatbench
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 12:00 pm

I'm anticipating more of the same on friday. MHW is just so small, only 550 people, which is why seeing Gaslight there would be amazing. The convention hall show in December was just incredible, and this is even more intimate.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 12:01 pm

I am totally accepting of the concept of a show selling out and all that, but what I don't get is why we all had a ticket in our cart and were bumped off. That hasn't even happened to me on Ticketmaster (at least not that I recall). And Ticketmaster is pretty much Satan.
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 12:06 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
I am totally accepting of the concept of a show selling out and all that, but what I don't get is why we all had a ticket in our cart and were bumped off. That hasn't even happened to me on Ticketmaster (at least not that I recall). And Ticketmaster is pretty much Satan.

That's what I don't get for some people on here... if it's in your cart you generally have a few minutes to complete the transaction. I had two in my cart... clicked the register an account, realized my e-mail had already been registered for the convention hall show, clicked cancel button and logged in and had no problem getting my tickets still. I received my confirmation e-mail like 10 seconds after at 10:03 so it took me a couple minutes. I'm just glad i didn't click the back button since i'm sure i would have lost them

It's not like they'll let everybody add tickets to their cart and first one to complete the process gets them.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 12:08 pm

I already had an account and was already signed in so as to not waste any time.

Somewhere on their Facebook someone got as far as seeing "You have 6 minutes to complete this transaction" and were still shut out.
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 12:13 pm

I supposed it's possible that it was being exploited by scalpers who did the same thing for Bruce's show in NYC and Newark. People had tickets in their cart and then randomly lost them. But then I realized they're will call tickets only and granted the venue is small, Gaslight doesn't generate a secondary market to really make any money if you did want to scalp. Maybe i'm just underestimating how popular Gaslight is getting at this point.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 12:17 pm

I don't see any tickets on StubHub or EBay and usually they'd be up by now if there was foul play. I guess it was a combo of technical SNAFUs and the fact they just didn't put a lot up for pre-sale to begin with. Oh well. Here's to Friday :\
Back to top Go down
EveryLittleSecret
A Contender
A Contender
EveryLittleSecret

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:33 pm

damn, missed out this morning, checkout kept freezing up on me! o well, guess ill try for friday, and if not, its on to stub hub/Ebay, where ill have to probably give me right arm!
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 5:51 pm

Just so you all know, since the venue isn't very big, less than 70 tickets were made available for the presale this morning and they sold out really quick. Make sure to try to get tickets this Friday at noon when the rest are made available.

https://www.facebook.com/thegaslightanthem
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:20 pm

I managed to get my tickets today so I'm set. However I'd like to help out on Friday if i can since the show is going to be great and I'm sure the demand will be ridiculous. What are the thoughts on me trying to buy a pair of tickets and reselling them for face value on these boards for first come first serve? It sounds noble on my part but the reality is if I pick up a pair, someone who otherwise may have gotten them through the venue may miss out because of it which would suck.

To keep things fair, would you prefer that I not do this and just leave it up to you to get through?

Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:24 pm

chanter wrote:
I managed to get my tickets today so I'm set. However I'd like to help out on Friday if i can since the show is going to be great and I'm sure the demand will be ridiculous. What are the thoughts on me trying to buy a pair of tickets and reselling them for face value on these boards for first come first serve? It sounds noble on my part but the reality is if I pick up a pair, someone who otherwise may have gotten them through the venue may miss out because of it.

To keep things fair, would you prefer that I not do this and just leave it up to you to get through?

Yeah, I'm going to say right now that wouldnt be right. I know best intentions and all, but it still wouldn't be right.

The ticket Exchange is more of ment if you can no longer make it to a show etc. What you are planning to do is technically ticket scalping. Even though you are selling for face value.

Remember there are fans of gaslight who arent on this board, and you need to be fair to them as well.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:54 pm

chanter wrote:
I managed to get my tickets today so I'm set. However I'd like to help out on Friday if i can since the show is going to be great and I'm sure the demand will be ridiculous. What are the thoughts on me trying to buy a pair of tickets and reselling them for face value on these boards for first come first serve? It sounds noble on my part but the reality is if I pick up a pair, someone who otherwise may have gotten them through the venue may miss out because of it which would suck.

I think that's a very thoughtful offer and that reasonable minds could disagree about its appeal. Personally, with so few tickets going on sale, I would not want to be competing against someone who doesn't need them (even if there is some chance that you would sell them to me).

I just think it's more fair that way. Just my personal opinion. Since I was one of the lucky few to get presale tickets, I will be staying out of everyone else's way on Friday. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for all of you trying.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 10:36 pm

I could see it being fair if you were buying for someone specific who couldn't get to a computer cus they were in class or something.
Back to top Go down
prettyontheinsidex
A Contender
A Contender
prettyontheinsidex

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 10:51 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
I could see it being fair if you were buying for someone specific who couldn't get to a computer cus they were in class or something.
Yeah like me haha I'm freaking out about it.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:53 pm

Pretty On The Inside, your name reminds me of Hole.

Anyway, I doubt the non-board members are thinking about being courteous to us, but I see what you mean. No fair monopolizing purchases as fun as that might be.
Back to top Go down
EveryLittleSecret
A Contender
A Contender
EveryLittleSecret

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 12:48 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

Anyway, I doubt the non-board members are thinking about being courteous to us, but I see what you mean. No fair monopolizing purchases as fun as that might be.

EXACTLY! the folks on here live and breath TGA, and i think the die hards deserve to be at something this special!
Back to top Go down
prettyontheinsidex
A Contender
A Contender
prettyontheinsidex

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 6:57 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

Haha yeah I took my name from the song! Didn't think anyone would get that on here
That's my other favorite band.
I just want Friday already, this is all I can think about, after the convention hall show, I need to see them every time.
Back to top Go down
fatbench
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:35 am

chanter wrote:

I don't even think this would work. This event is will call only, correct? I was at a will call only event here a couple of weeks ago and you just walk in, give them your name and show ID, they check you off the list and you get to bring in your +1. I don't think they would allow you to be on the list twice, you may even risk them taking you off the list altogether. Best of luck to everyone on friday. I'll be waiting anxiously until then for another shot at tickets. I'm new to these boards but I am a passionate fan of gaslight, just ask the other guy that I share an office with who got to see my reaction to getting rejected on concertmaps.com yesterday morning. It was not pretty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)
Page 4 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next