DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

romance issues

Go down 
+24
TGAforLIFE
colmillionaire
DeathoftheCool
The Poet Jonah
mingus
eremitapa
ThisMachineKillsFascists
TGAFAN25
Kosburn59
mirrorenigma
loazis
Christophe
Camus
Holland
IrishNameAndAnInjury
steph
MKULTRA
Harbortown
NeverTrustAJunkie
Debonair
plugga
Labhras
JimmyB
HorribleCrowe
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

romance issues - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 11:37 am

I guess that's true. I hope I didn't sound rude though. But yeh it'd suck to end up with someone who drinks a lot when I don't and to drive in and out of the city when I am at a point where I pretty much detest having to go in at all would also suck. I used to think I'd end up dating a city guy but I see the universe has done me a favor by not letting that happen!

How's your Brazilian girl? Did that ever work out

Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 2:05 pm

I thought of random advice for Jimmy B-

I go into everything thinking a guy won't like me anyway. But somehow over the years I've started looking at that as a kind of freedom to be myself and say what I want, since in my mind the end result would be the same anyway. Figured I might as well have fun. That's actually when guys started taking interest in me. Ironically, my negative attitude became an excuse to be myself which is what started getting attention. Weird, eh? Maybe because I took pressure off myself to win the person over or something. I don't know. I just realized this about two days ago. Doesn't always mean the guy/girl will like you back, but it makes the need for things to work out less intense somehow.

Perhaps you could view things like that.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 3:28 pm

Very good advice, Lorraine. I think you are the wisest person on this forum.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 4:00 pm

Yeh but where is it getting me! LOL At least I don't have toxic relationships anymore I guess. Now it's down to weeding out dumbasses and picking guys worthy of me. Because you know, I'm a delicate princess.

But I mean, I used to feel like I was an audition, and nowadays I decide if THEY are worthy of MY attention, not the other way around.

Neutral

I think on some level I knew back then (and now) that life will go on if this person doesn't like me back and I'll meet someone else down the line. It makes me feel less desperate and less impatient for something to pan out. Also, cus, I have other interests (another point we've been trying to make- find new interests unrelated to dating)!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 10:16 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
I thought of random advice for Jimmy B-

I go into everything thinking a guy won't like me anyway. But somehow over the years I've started looking at that as a kind of freedom to be myself and say what I want, since in my mind the end result would be the same anyway. Figured I might as well have fun. That's actually when guys started taking interest in me. Ironically, my negative attitude became an excuse to be myself which is what started getting attention. Weird, eh? Maybe because I took pressure off myself to win the person over or something. I don't know. I just realized this about two days ago. Doesn't always mean the guy/girl will like you back, but it makes the need for things to work out less intense somehow.

Perhaps you could view things like that.

yes, you give good advice, woman! if only Jimmy would listen, but he's just here to complain, not learn. but yeah, i agree, when you don't worry about whether they're going to like you, then you can just be yourself and the pressure's off. i've had a couple guys friends that ended up liking me, and i always chalked it up to the fact that since i just viewed them as friends, i was just myself.
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 10:23 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
I guess that's true. I hope I didn't sound rude though. But yeh it'd suck to end up with someone who drinks a lot when I don't and to drive in and out of the city when I am at a point where I pretty much detest having to go in at all would also suck. I used to think I'd end up dating a city guy but I see the universe has done me a favor by not letting that happen!

How's your Brazilian girl? Did that ever work out

yeah we've been on a couple of dates and things are going rather well afro
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 3:23 am

Nice Smile

I just checked in with OK Cupid recently because I am stupidly optimistic there'll be someone cool on it. Not a chance. Everyone's either boring, full of themselves or wants kids. Boooo
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 1:51 pm

in case anyone missed it....I have a girlfriend...... Twisted Evil Laughing
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 2:27 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Spoiler:
Aw jeepers, and that was such a convincing post.
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 5:56 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Spoiler:
Clap
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 6:43 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Nice Smile

I just checked in with OK Cupid recently because I am stupidly optimistic there'll be someone cool on it. Not a chance. Everyone's either boring, full of themselves or wants kids. Boooo

have you ever met anyone on a dating site like that?
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 7:03 pm

steph wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Nice Smile

I actually went out on a couple dates a long time ago, but they were guys from Friendster and MySpace! LOL Ancient times.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 7:13 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
steph wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Nice Smile

I actually went out on a couple dates a long time ago, but they were guys from Friendster and MySpace! LOL Ancient times.

haha, nice.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 7:23 pm

Has anyone here tried online sites specifically for dating? I am basically not in support of it even though I know some people who lucked and found the person they married. I just browsed to see if anyone on there sounded intriguing enough change my attitude about even trying, but it seems not.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 7:25 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Has anyone here tried online sites specifically for dating? I am basically not in support of it even though I know some people who lucked and found the person they married. I just browsed to see if anyone on there sounded intriguing enough change my attitude about even trying, but it seems not.

uhmmm nope
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 7:26 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

One of my cousins met his wife on an online dating site, and from what I hear they are very happy. They've been married for several years. I have another cousin who met her husband online, but they are both so screwed up, I think it's a disaster that they found each other.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 7:28 pm

haha, no, i would feel really awkward/weird about dating online Razz
but it's good if it works out for anyone!

Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 7:32 pm

steph wrote:

Same here. You never know who you are really talking to online. I'm not trusting enough for that. I would be afraid I was talking to some psychopath or an inmate or something. affraid
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 7:34 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
steph wrote:

Same here. You never know who you are really talking to online. I'm not trusting enough for that. I would be afraid I was talking to some psychopath or an inmate or something. affraid

haha, do you think we are all psychopaths and inmates here?
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 7:35 pm

We should all sign up for one of those, and see if anyone of us get paired to each other Razz
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 7:39 pm

steph wrote:
IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
steph wrote:

haha, do you think we are all psychopaths and inmates here?

Not ALL of you... Razz
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 7:39 pm

Well, people say I am a little crazy....But a good crazy...
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Debonair wrote:
We should all sign up for one of those, and see if anyone of us get paired to each other Razz
Razz that is hilarious
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 7:40 pm

CREEPY Razz
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 7:41 pm

Debonair wrote:

That would be so freaky! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

romance issues
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next