DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

European Tour - Summer 2012

Go down 
+53
Erik Drost
telemark
StopAndSlideToTheRight
moonlight
VanillaMintFusion
steph
NeverTrustAJunkie
JJW319
White Man In Hammersmith
Krusimo
PPQ
ral
Van Der Twix
Joe Thumb
Paula
honestwithme
Dino
landofhope
YouCanCallMeSally
The Major
theBasemen
Camus
EveryLittleSecret
Heart_Strings
EoinMurphy
Klown
riversedge
gaslightsofie
covsc1922
Grant Michael
steady now steady now
brucesboots
luckyman
Hirti
Mikael
Christophe
bobbyjames
loazis
Gaslight23
_rebekka_
Down by the Mersey
bt211
enola
plugga
ThisMachineKillsFascists
Harbortown
LuceroDiehard
TheMagnificentDreamer
HorribleCrowe
chickenman
xxxje
mingus
Bea
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

European Tour - Summer 2012 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: European Tour - Summer 2012   European Tour - Summer 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 12:16 am

WHAT IS THE ARROW FOR
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: European Tour - Summer 2012   European Tour - Summer 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 3:17 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
WHAT IS THE ARROW FOR

so the guy knows if hes going frontwards or backwards, life can be complicated.

Last edited by brucesboots on Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: European Tour - Summer 2012   European Tour - Summer 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 3:20 am

here are my Bremen pics.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.3472649819160.2134226.1358599281&type=1
Back to top Go down
Joe Thumb
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Joe Thumb

PostSubject: Re: European Tour - Summer 2012   European Tour - Summer 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 5:35 am

Bremen was an excellent gig. Support act was ok - not a big deal.
The arena was nice. It's not like typical concert arena. Anyway, a good place to rock.

There were no real surprises reg. the setlist, but it has nice flow. The mixture between the "hits" and the "fillers" was well selected. With the additional guitar some songs has more power. And if Ian is replacing Brian's guitar and Brian is only singing, it seems that he's not the "typical" frontman. Brian needs his guitar!
The band was in a good mood, allthough Brian looks a little bit tired at the beginning. I think the first time he said something was after 30 minutes. His country song was funny and his "stage-diving" was cool and an unforgetable final of a great evening.

One thing was really remarkable for me. The crowd is getting better and better through the years. I think that the people listen more and more TGA in germany. Looking forward to Kiel Very Happy

final remark - I don't care about this, but my wife mentioned that Brian's putting on weight lol!
Back to top Go down
The Major
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: European Tour - Summer 2012   European Tour - Summer 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 12:13 pm

luckyman wrote:

You should have come over and said hello,always good to meet a fellow fan.

We sort of stayed around till about 1.30am with Steve (Bruceboots) and his son.My daughter was waiting outside to get a photo again and we kept going inside for a pint or two and coming back out.The dancing inside was pretty good entertainment why we where sat at the bar !

Nearly did come over to you but you looked knackered...had you got a strummer / clash badge on your jacket ?
We stopped til about 1.20 taking advantage of the reasonable bar prices
Back to top Go down
The Major
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: European Tour - Summer 2012   European Tour - Summer 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 12:26 pm

brucesboots wrote:

Luckyman , his daughter and myself and my son were hanging around outside talking to the guys after the show and popping in and out for drinks, didnt hear as many English voices as i thought i might. Really liked the venue and it was a great gig they seemed so relaxed on stage and i like the added sound Ian has bought in even if he still looks a little shy on stage , only slight downer was the lack of places to eat/drink close to the venue. Got a few nice pics , must get round to putting them up. Agreed about the dad dancers lo, that was funny.

Yes the Aladin was in the middle of nowhere...couldn't find a bar anywhere but had a few beers in the city centre before the gig (not as many as the night before though...got absolutely hammered with a few of the locals)
Thought Ian fitted in well...did you notice the poster outside the Aladin advertising the gig...someone had hand written 'starring Ian Perkins' under the bands name
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: European Tour - Summer 2012   European Tour - Summer 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 12:29 pm

The Major wrote:
brucesboots wrote:

Luckyman , his daughter and myself and my son were hanging around outside talking to the guys after the show and popping in and out for drinks, didnt hear as many English voices as i thought i might. Really liked the venue and it was a great gig they seemed so relaxed on stage and i like the added sound Ian has bought in even if he still looks a little shy on stage , only slight downer was the lack of places to eat/drink close to the venue. Got a few nice pics , must get round to putting them up. Agreed about the dad dancers lo, that was funny.

Yes the Aladin was in the middle of nowhere...couldn't find a bar anywhere but had a few beers in the city centre before the gig (not as many as the night before though...got absolutely hammered with a few of the locals)
Thought Ian fitted in well...did you notice the poster outside the Aladin advertising the gig...someone had hand written 'starring Ian Perkins' under the bands name

yeah we had noticed it really early in the day before any fans were about , so I would think it was either one of the crew members or even one of the band.
Back to top Go down
_rebekka_
A Contender
A Contender
_rebekka_

PostSubject: Re: European Tour - Summer 2012   European Tour - Summer 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 3:24 pm

brucesboots wrote:
The Major wrote:
brucesboots wrote:

yeah we had noticed it really early in the day before any fans were about , so I would think it was either one of the crew members or even one of the band.

I think it was Ian himself cause he posted a photo of it on his instagram.
Back to top Go down
luckyman
A Contender
A Contender
luckyman

PostSubject: Re: European Tour - Summer 2012   European Tour - Summer 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 5:25 pm

The Major wrote:
luckyman wrote:

You should have come over and said hello,always good to meet a fellow fan.

We sort of stayed around till about 1.30am with Steve (Bruceboots) and his son.My daughter was waiting outside to get a photo again and we kept going inside for a pint or two and coming back out.The dancing inside was pretty good entertainment why we where sat at the bar !

Nearly did come over to you but you looked knackered...had you got a strummer / clash badge on your jacket ?
We stopped til about 1.20 taking advantage of the reasonable bar prices

Yeah it was me, that's my usual look 10 years of starting work at 6am as caught up with me.Thought the Aladin was a great venue pity it was in the middle of nowhere but it was all right for a beer afterwards.

If your at Koko come over if you see us.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: European Tour - Summer 2012   European Tour - Summer 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 9:57 pm

brucesboots wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
WHAT IS THE ARROW FOR

so the guy knows if hes going frontwards or backwards, life can be complicated.

Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
VanillaMintFusion
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
VanillaMintFusion

PostSubject: Re: European Tour - Summer 2012   European Tour - Summer 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:51 pm

Oh hey, those pics of the car are mine. The car belongs to a friend of mine. The arrow is a symbol of the band 30 Seconds to Mars Wink She wants to update her car and their autographs are a good addition lol! She sealed the autographs when she got home that night, she was afraid it would rain on the way home haha!

European Tour - Summer 2012 - Page 8 113
Back to top Go down
moonlight
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
moonlight

PostSubject: Re: European Tour - Summer 2012   European Tour - Summer 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 3:47 pm

Yesterday I was in Milan for Triggerfinger / Gaslight/ Afghan Whigs / Refused / Soundgarden gig.
Gaslight played from 16.45 to 17.45. Setlist was great expectations, old white lincoln, even cowgirls get the blues, '59 sound, wherefore are thou elvis, '45, wooderson,miles davis & the cool, diamond church street choir, biloxi parish, american slang, the queen of lower chelsea, the backseat. (not sure about the order).
shitty crowd, the band noticed that: brian spoke just a few words in english and they did not enjoy it very much
after the gig we met ian and danny donuts, benny, alex and alex. brian was doing an interview, so he didn't come out.
ian and danny have been very very polite and helpful, we spoke for half an hour about the new record ("very powerful, their best one" ian said), the horrible crowes and the revival tour (ian seemed surprised when i told him i like the album so much), next tours and obviously italian food (it seemed that they spent the day off before only eating lol)..
they're great. i'm happy ian joined the band as tour guitarist (although it is not necessary for the old songs). he's a very humble person.
Back to top Go down
YouCanCallMeSally
A Contender
A Contender
YouCanCallMeSally

PostSubject: Re: European Tour - Summer 2012   European Tour - Summer 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 7:21 am

Oh Rebekka so you are rebekkaw78 on youtube. Well that makes sense. Finally found that out haha. But I have been enjoying a load of your videos before. Especially from the Revival Tour in MĆ¼nster.
Been there too. Actually quite close to where you were standing. Kinda funny.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/rubychaos
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: European Tour - Summer 2012   European Tour - Summer 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 8:00 am

moonlight wrote:
Yesterday I was in Milan for Triggerfinger / Gaslight/ Afghan Whigs / Refused / Soundgarden gig.
Gaslight played from 16.45 to 17.45. Setlist was great expectations, old white lincoln, even cowgirls get the blues, '59 sound, wherefore are thou elvis, '45, wooderson,miles davis & the cool, diamond church street choir, biloxi parish, american slang, the queen of lower chelsea, the backseat. (not sure about the order).
shitty crowd, the band noticed that: brian spoke just a few words in english and they did not enjoy it very much
after the gig we met ian and danny donuts, benny, alex and alex. brian was doing an interview, so he didn't come out.
ian and danny have been very very polite and helpful, we spoke for half an hour about the new record ("very powerful, their best one" ian said), the horrible crowes and the revival tour (ian seemed surprised when i told him i like the album so much), next tours and obviously italian food (it seemed that they spent the day off before only eating lol)..
they're great. i'm happy ian joined the band as tour guitarist (although it is not necessary for the old songs). he's a very humble person.

Insomma ci facciamo sempre riconoscere pig
Back to top Go down
_rebekka_
A Contender
A Contender
_rebekka_

PostSubject: Re: European Tour - Summer 2012   European Tour - Summer 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 9:21 am

YouCanCallMeSally wrote:
Oh Rebekka so you are rebekkaw78 on youtube. Well that makes sense. Finally found that out haha. But I have been enjoying a load of your videos before. Especially from the Revival Tour in MĆ¼nster.

Yes its me! Wink It's a small world!lol I'm glad you like my videos. Smile

It was funny yesterday too. I talked to some people there and they said they watched some really good videos in youtube from Bremen and Ulm and I asked what songs and well those were my videos.hehe
Back to top Go down
YouCanCallMeSally
A Contender
A Contender
YouCanCallMeSally

PostSubject: Re: European Tour - Summer 2012   European Tour - Summer 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 12:34 pm

_rebekka_ wrote:
YouCanCallMeSally wrote:

Yes its me! Wink It's a small world!lol I'm glad you like my videos. Smile

It was funny yesterday too. I talked to some people there and they said they watched some really good videos in youtube from Bremen and Ulm and I asked what songs and well those were my videos.hehe

Are you going to Kiel too? I am. How long do I have to be there before doors open to be in front? In Bremen we were unfortunately too late to get a good spot.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/rubychaos
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: European Tour - Summer 2012   European Tour - Summer 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 1:03 pm

Quick question regarding merch, what has there been so far? I've seen the two shirts, is there anything else. Like a tour poster or such?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
Joe Thumb
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Joe Thumb

PostSubject: Re: European Tour - Summer 2012   European Tour - Summer 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 1:05 pm

Klown wrote:
Quick question regarding merch, what has there been so far? I've seen the two shirts, is there anything else. Like a tour poster or such?
no poster Sad
a few t-shirts
"45" as vinyl
Back to top Go down
moonlight
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
moonlight

PostSubject: Re: European Tour - Summer 2012   European Tour - Summer 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 2:01 pm

plugga wrote:
moonlight wrote:

Insomma ci facciamo sempre riconoscere pig
giĆ ..
Back to top Go down
The Major
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: European Tour - Summer 2012   European Tour - Summer 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 5:43 pm

luckyman wrote:

Yeah it was me, that's my usual look 10 years of starting work at 6am as caught up with me.Thought the Aladin was a great venue pity it was in the middle of nowhere but it was all right for a beer afterwards.

If your at Koko come over if you see us.

Will do
Back to top Go down
_rebekka_
A Contender
A Contender
_rebekka_

PostSubject: Re: European Tour - Summer 2012   European Tour - Summer 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 5:41 am

Back from Zurich, good show, very HOT!!! It was a sauna! The show was in a very small club, maybe 400 or 500 people with a very small stage and we were standing right at the stage. I even thought it was too close.lol They were in a good mood again but I must admit that Bremen and Ulm were better

Here are my videos:

Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: European Tour - Summer 2012   European Tour - Summer 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 5:54 am

I would love to try and make a little summer 2012 tour dvd with your footage and a few others Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
_rebekka_
A Contender
A Contender
_rebekka_

PostSubject: Re: European Tour - Summer 2012   European Tour - Summer 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 5:58 am

Klown wrote:
I would love to try and make a little summer 2012 tour dvd with your footage and a few others Smile

Sure!!! Great idea! I was thinking about that too but I'm not that good with that technical stuff. I always try to film different songs at the different shows, usually 3 per show, so in the end I probably have filmed at least 15 songs. Wink
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: European Tour - Summer 2012   European Tour - Summer 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 6:26 am

_rebekka_ wrote:
Back from Zurich, good show, very HOT!!! It was a sauna

It was ridiculously hot! My T-Shirt was literally soaked through when I walked out. Is there any chance you filmed Old Haunts? I'd kill for footage of me High-Fiving Brian cheers
Back to top Go down
_rebekka_
A Contender
A Contender
_rebekka_

PostSubject: Re: European Tour - Summer 2012   European Tour - Summer 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 6:46 am

StopAndSlideToTheRight wrote:
_rebekka_ wrote:
Back from Zurich, good show, very HOT!!! It was a sauna

It was ridiculously hot! My T-Shirt was literally soaked through when I walked out. Is there any chance you filmed Old Haunts? I'd kill for footage of me High-Fiving Brian cheers

Yes me too!!! hahaha Hottest show ever! I didnt film it but a friend did:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: European Tour - Summer 2012   European Tour - Summer 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

European Tour - Summer 2012
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next