DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pressing a live "fan" album?

Go down 
+6
Shrewsbury_Stars
brucesboots
simo
steady now steady now
HorribleCrowe
moodydan
10 posters
AuthorMessage
moodydan
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Pressing a live "fan" album? Empty
PostSubject: Pressing a live "fan" album?   Pressing a live "fan" album? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 12:04 pm

I was sitting around this morning listening to Convention Hall and making a copy of SOS to listen to in the garage while I work on a water pump issue, and it occurred to me how nice it would be to have a live TGA album. I've never pressed a record and have no idea what it would cost, but maybe some of you on here do?

I wouldn't want to step on the bands toes or try to make money on it, just something that a few people could throw in on (kickstarter? I don't really know how that works, either!) and have for themselves, something that a couple of fans put together. Shoot it down if you guys hate the idea, and I wouldn't want it to go the way of 'projects' like the vinyl collective.

Just a thought, that's all. If nothing else, what set would you want to see available on a live album? Since I'm listening to it right now and it sums up just about everything done before the new album, I'd say Convention Hall.
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: Pressing a live "fan" album?   Pressing a live "fan" album? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 12:09 pm

Live DVD will come with the new album, I suppose, so let's don't do it?
Back to top Go down
moodydan
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pressing a live "fan" album?   Pressing a live "fan" album? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 12:15 pm

I've tried it, and a DVD just won't play on my turntable. I don't think it has the right speed selection?
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: Pressing a live "fan" album?   Pressing a live "fan" album? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 12:16 pm

moodydan wrote:
I've tried it, and a DVD just won't play on my turntable. I don't think it has the right speed selection?

Hey man, don't pretend that i'm stupid?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Pressing a live "fan" album?   Pressing a live "fan" album? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 2:23 pm

Admin note: If people want to press a bootleg live album for fun and distribute it to people who contributed to the cost of making it, then people may well not make a fuss, especilally if someone had the curtesy to mention it to the band (though now there is a big label in play as well). If you are planning on pressing a commercial bootleg, then you might as well go and put the cuffs on yourself and wait to be picked up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
moodydan
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pressing a live "fan" album?   Pressing a live "fan" album? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:04 am

I certainly wouldn't plan on anything commercial - not trying to make money off someone else's efforts. Just thought it would be nice to have, personally, a live record from one of my favorite bands. I would absolutely want to make a note of it to the band, so they knew it was out there, and if they objected I wouldn't think any more of it. It was just a thought I was throwing out there, as far as if anyone had knowledge, experience, or interest in such a thing.

No responses to speak of though, so I'm guessing nobody is all that interested in such a thing!
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Pressing a live "fan" album?   Pressing a live "fan" album? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:10 am

There already was a vinyl bootleg although I don't think it was a whole show.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Pressing a live "fan" album?   Pressing a live "fan" album? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 3:29 am

you could be stepping on very dodgy ground here, wait for the band to do it themselves, make do with the pile of live cd-r mp3 and the live Park Ave EP.Unless you like prison food that is.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Pressing a live "fan" album?   Pressing a live "fan" album? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:02 pm

I definitely appreciate the thought and sentiment here. But logistically, I think the amount of effort (including legal wrangling) is not worth it.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Pressing a live "fan" album?   Pressing a live "fan" album? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:05 pm

I agree with what Shrewsbury_Stars said. I think your heart was in the right place with this idea, but it could get pretty dicy with legal rights and stuff. Hopefully the band will release an official DVD in the near future though! Smile
Back to top Go down
AmSlang59
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pressing a live "fan" album?   Pressing a live "fan" album? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 4:52 pm

Oh god, please let a live DVD come out...I would also absolutely love if they did what New Found Glory did with their DVD, The Story So Far (Majority of it was about the childhood of the members and the formation of the band mixed with live footage from early shows.)
Back to top Go down
moodydan
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pressing a live "fan" album?   Pressing a live "fan" album? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 12:20 am

Sounds like it's a better idea to leave it alone...hopefully the band will release something official. Hopefully it's one show though, which I think flows so much better than when you basically get a live "greatest hits." Not really into that. I do appreciate the feedback!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Pressing a live "fan" album?   Pressing a live "fan" album? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 12:30 am

moodydan wrote:
Hopefully it's one show though, which I think flows so much better than when you basically get a live "greatest hits." Not really into that.

i agree! and yeah, it would be awesome if they released a live DVD! i would have it on all the time, even just in the background.
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: Pressing a live "fan" album?   Pressing a live "fan" album? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 10:05 pm

moodydan wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Man, that must have done numbers to your needle! Shocked

hahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pressing a live "fan" album?   Pressing a live "fan" album? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pressing a live "fan" album?
Page 1 of 1