DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spam

Go down 
+10
Camus
plugga
HorribleCrowe
JimmyB
loazis
DeathoftheCool
steph
Harbortown
Debonair
IrishNameAndAnInjury
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 11:20 am

HorribleCrowe wrote:
IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
It sounds like you're having a tough day! Sad. Have you made any progress on your paper?

I'm at page 10 now. But that's enough for now. Only have to hand in 50 percent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patella

--> probably inflammated.

That's great that you have finished so much!Very Happy You deserve a break. I hope your knee feels better!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 11:21 am

Bye Sarah! Sleep well! Sleep
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 11:22 am

HorribleCrowe wrote:
It sounds like you're having a tough day! Sad. Have you made any progress on your paper?

That's great that you have finished so much!Very Happy You deserve a break. I hope your knee feels better!

I'm only half way through, but ohwell, this piece reads so simply, yet so understandable. My parents have read it, and they love my work :d
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 11:25 am

HorribleCrowe wrote:
HorribleCrowe wrote:

I'm only half way through, but ohwell, this piece reads so simply, yet so understandable. My parents have read it, and they love my work :d

I'm sure the last half will be quick since the first half turned out so well. Good job! Very Happy Have you found any interesting information for your paper? It's always easier to write a report when the topic can hold your attention.
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 11:29 am

HorribleCrowe wrote:
HorribleCrowe wrote:

I'm sure the last half will be quick since the first half turned out so well. Good job! Very Happy Have you found any interesting information for your paper? It's always easier to write a report when the topic can hold your attention.

My mother aswell as my father work on a school so it's easy to gather information, I also read a book about my paper!
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 11:30 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:
WE were being creepy in response to that dudes awesome beard!

lol! Haha, I saw those! You guys are so funny! At least he didn't mind your admiration over his beard. He could have run away screaming and never come back! Razz

we are old school girls I love you
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 11:33 am

HorribleCrowe wrote:
HorribleCrowe wrote:
HorribleCrowe wrote:

My mother aswell as my father work on a school so it's easy to gather information, I also read a book about my paper!

That's cool that your parents work at a school. That must be really helpful! Are they both teachers?
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 11:34 am

plugga wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
WE were being creepy in response to that dudes awesome beard!

lol! Haha, I saw those! You guys are so funny! At least he didn't mind your admiration over his beard. He could have run away screaming and never come back! Razz

we are old school girls I love you

I started laughing when I saw all of your comments on his beard. So funny! And John's comment too! That poor guy may never be able to grow a beard!Razz
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 11:35 am

HorribleCrowe wrote:
HorribleCrowe wrote:
HorribleCrowe wrote:

That's cool that your parents work at a school. That must be really helpful! Are they both teachers?

Yes they are!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 11:38 am

HorribleCrowe wrote:
HorribleCrowe wrote:
HorribleCrowe wrote:
HorribleCrowe wrote:

Yes they are!

Awesome! Teachers are the best! Very Happy Razz Cool
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 11:41 am

my mum is a teacher too Razz

Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 11:42 am

plugga wrote:

That's great! What subject/grade does she teach?
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 11:47 am

plugga wrote:

she used to teach philosophy and history, now she teaches italian literature and history in HS!
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 11:58 am

plugga wrote:
plugga wrote:

she used to teach philosophy and history, now she teaches italian literature and history in HS!

I FUCKING LOVE PHILOSOPHY!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 12:00 pm

plugga wrote:
plugga wrote:

Very cool! I think philosophy would be a very interesting subject to teach. There are no real right or wrong answers. If I taught it, I think I would do it without tests. It would just be discussions, debates, essays, reports, stuff like that. Unfortunately that way of teaching doesn't go over well around here, which is why I decided to teach preschool instead of a higher grade. My teaching methods are too unconventional and progressive for the Southern U.S.Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 12:02 pm

plugga wrote:
plugga wrote:

Very cool! I think philosophy would be a very interesting subject to teach. There are no real right or wrong answers. If I taught it, I think I would do it without tests. It would just be discussions, debates, essays, reports, stuff like that. Unfortunately that way of teaching doesn't go over well around here, which is why I decided to teach preschool instead of a higher grade. My teaching methods are too unconventional and progressive for the Southern U.S.Rolling Eyes

Believe me, I had philosophy from a former priest. He really ate me up with his questions. Which was challenging at that time. The exam was something else ...
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 12:05 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0Qq5wJOn7c

I'm dancing in my room, right now.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 12:07 pm

plugga wrote:
plugga wrote:

I can imagine, philosophy is fantastic, I loved see questions and thoughts evolving through time, my favorite philosophers are those I studied my last year of HS: Nietzsche, Freud, Marx, Kierkegaard.. I remember reading The Seducer's Diary by Kierkegaard and loving it.. still one of my favorite books!
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 12:08 pm

HorribleCrowe wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0Qq5wJOn7c

I'm dancing in my room, right now.

I am listening to an interview and translating it, kinda bored, that is why I love interpreting more Razz
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 12:25 pm

JimmyB wrote:
I like spending some time alone, but not all of it. I blame it on highs school. Lol

I need time to myself, but I like being around people too. Well, certain people who don't annoy me, haha. Razz

I hated high school too, but what was so bad about your experience, Jimmy? Today I am Lucy from the Peanuts cartoons. The psychiatric booth is open and it will only cost you five cents!
Girls turning me down, not too many friends, people picking at me for my weight, Victim of Bullying-mostly verbal, A kid trying to drown me in the school swimming pool, Eating lunch alone for a 9 weeks period since I got kicked out of my table by everyone there-in a nutshell, highschool.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 12:29 pm

I can't even imagine knowing another language enough to be able to translate. That must be so neat.Very Happy

Right now I'm listening to my iPod, TGA on shuffle, and I just made chili for dinner later. It's in the crock pot so the whole house is going to smell great very soon and it will make me hungry! I also need to do some editing on something I wrote, but that will be quick.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 12:32 pm

I can't even imagine knowing another language enough to be able to translate. That must be so neat.Very Happy

Right now I'm listening to my iPod, TGA on shuffle, and I just made chili for dinner later. It's in the crock pot so the whole house is going to smell great very soon and it will make me hungry! I also need to do some editing on something I wrote, but that will be quick.

ahaha well yeah it's fun, plus it's a band I quite like so it's interesting hearing what they say, I just get bored when I write because my brain translates faster than my hands write lol!

good luck with your editing Very Happy

Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 12:41 pm

JimmyB wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
I like spending some time alone, but not all of it. I blame it on highs school. Lol

I need time to myself, but I like being around people too. Well, certain people who don't annoy me, haha. Razz

I hated high school too, but what was so bad about your experience, Jimmy? Today I am Lucy from the Peanuts cartoons. The psychiatric booth is open and it will only cost you five cents!
Girls turning me down, not too many friends, people picking at me for my weight, Victim of Bullying-mostly verbal, A kid trying to drown me in the school swimming pool, Eating lunch alone for a 9 weeks period since I got kicked out of my table by everyone there-in a nutshell, highschool.

In general, teenagers are stupid.* The kids who picked on you probably had very shaky self-esteem and they attacked you to build themselves up and make them feel superior, which they weren't. That's what bullies do. They are weak-minded people that can't feel good without making others feel bad. I have known a few myself throughout my life, I'm even related to some, so I kind of get where you're coming from, I think.

The thing you need to remember, Jimmy, is that they don't have the power to control your life or how you feel. That's all in the past and it seems like you have taken some steps recently to improve your life, and that's great! If you let what happened in the past dictate who you are as a person, then the bullies win. Don't give them that. They aren't worth it.

That will be five cents.Wink

*This statement does not reflect the Dimestore Saints who are still teenagers. You are way cool people who would never be mean enough to bully anyone.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 12:45 pm

plugga wrote:

ahaha well yeah it's fun, plus it's a band I quite like so it's interesting hearing what they say, I just get bored when I write because my brain translates faster than my hands write lol!

Thanks, Ilaria! I'll still be around, I just have to fix some typos on the last novel I wrote. I hate typos! I can reread something I write ten times and there are still little mistakes that I overlook. Thank goodness I have family that will proofread my work, otherwise it would be a total disaster!Razz
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 12:51 pm

plugga wrote:

Thanks, Ilaria! I'll still be around, I just have to fix some typos on the last novel I wrote. I hate typos! I can reread something I write ten times and there are still little mistakes that I overlook. Thank goodness I have family that will proofread my work, otherwise it would be a total disaster!Razz

I hate typos. Writing my thesis was a total nightmare, I was so afraid to find typos in it once printed scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spam
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next