DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spam

Go down 
+10
Camus
plugga
HorribleCrowe
JimmyB
loazis
DeathoftheCool
steph
Harbortown
Debonair
IrishNameAndAnInjury
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 1:30 am

Harbortown wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
steph wrote:
hey, i just read this:
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/01/25/nbc-developing-the-office-spinoff-for-rainn-wilson/
and thought you Office freaks might be interested. Razz
Huh. At first I thought "They're just grasping at straws now, aren't they", but this might actually be pretty cool. I can see it turning out good seeing as there'll be a whole set of family members involved.

Huh. That'll be interesting!
Huh.

I don't know how I feel about this, John.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 1:34 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
steph wrote:
hey, i just read this:
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/01/25/nbc-developing-the-office-spinoff-for-rainn-wilson/
Huh. At first I thought "They're just grasping at straws now, aren't they", but this might actually be pretty cool. I can see it turning out good seeing as there'll be a whole set of family members involved.

Huh.

Do tell me more, Sarah.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 1:38 am

Harbortown wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
steph wrote:
hey, i just read this:

Huh.

Do tell me more, Sarah.
I can just see them going way overboard trying to be too funny with this. I mean, when The Office first started out, it WAS super silly, but there were real, raw, honest moments mixed in. It was subtle funniness. And now it's just rediculously forced. I don't think this spinoff would be any better.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 1:40 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
steph wrote:
hey, i just read this:

Huh.

Do tell me more, Sarah.
I can just see them going way overboard trying to be too funny with this. I mean, when The Office first started out, it WAS super silly, but there were real, raw, honest moments mixed in. It was subtle funniness. And now it's just rediculously forced. I don't think this spinoff would be any better.
That's exactly what I'm thinking.

As far as this being a humor show is concerned, I think it's pretty much beating a dead horse, however I feel that the insight into Dwight's actual family life can be interesting. If it's anything like S8 of The Office, it's doomed.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 1:41 am

Harbortown wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
steph wrote:
hey, i just read this:

Huh.

Do tell me more, Sarah.
That's exactly what I'm thinking.

As far as this being a humor show is concerned, I think it's pretty much beating a dead horse, however I feel that the insight into Dwight's actual family life can be interesting. If it's anything like S8 of The Office, it's doomed.

Oh, well, if it happens, I'll watch it either way!
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 1:42 am

Time for work. Bye guys!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 1:43 am

Aw shucks. Bye Sarah, have a great night!
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 1:44 am

take it easy sarah
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 1:47 am

Debonair wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
steph wrote:
hey, i just read this:

eh i would not be excited about this at all. Mainly beacuse the office is a dying show, that they just keep on milking.

This would turn basically into what happened with the "new" season of scrubs. Scrubs was a huge hit, so they wanted to keep milking all the money out of it. So they decided to create a new series even though the finale ended it fine.

With this spin off, they will basically do the same. Get rid of the entire cast except a handful. It will have a season, if that, and end due to low ratings.

yeah, i think if you're gonna do a spin-off of a show, it's probly better to do it while the show is still hot. there was "friends", and then "joey"...was not good. there was "cheers" and then "frasier", both of which did well, but i'm not sure if they started "frasier" while "cheers" was still on the air, but either way, both those shows did well and ran for a long time. can't think of any other spin-offs right now...
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 1:48 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:
Time for work. Bye guys!

adios senora!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 1:49 am

although i'm not one to talk, i'm in the middle of watching "The Bachelor" with my grandma. it's so ridiculously bad, i can't get enough...like crack! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 1:53 am

im watching kitchen nightmares still, which is sooooo scripted. So you're not alone, shows like that are just addicting Razz
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 1:57 am

steph wrote:
Debonair wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
steph wrote:
hey, i just read this:

eh i would not be excited about this at all. Mainly beacuse the office is a dying show, that they just keep on milking.

This would turn basically into what happened with the "new" season of scrubs. Scrubs was a huge hit, so they wanted to keep milking all the money out of it. So they decided to create a new series even though the finale ended it fine.

With this spin off, they will basically do the same. Get rid of the entire cast except a handful. It will have a season, if that, and end due to low ratings.

yeah, i think if you're gonna do a spin-off of a show, it's probly better to do it while the show is still hot. there was "friends", and then "joey"...was not good. there was "cheers" and then "frasier", both of which did well, but i'm not sure if they started "frasier" while "cheers" was still on the air, but either way, both those shows did well and ran for a long time. can't think of any other spin-offs right now...
I know that Frasier didn't air until Cheers ended. Simpsons is a spinoff of the Tracey Ullman Show and that's pretty successful. /pop culture nerd

ETA: Hah, I just saw that you already mentioned Joey.

Last edited by redskynight on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 1:57 am

Debonair wrote:
im watching kitchen nightmares still, which is sooooo scripted. So you're not alone, shows like that are just addicting Razz

ohh yeah, i get sucked into that one as well! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 2:00 am

Arrrrgh fucking migraine.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 2:02 am

redskynight wrote:
steph wrote:
Debonair wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
steph wrote:
hey, i just read this:

I know that Frasier didn't air until Cheers ended. Simpsons is a spinoff of the Tracey Ullman Show and that's pretty successful. They tried to make a spinoff for Friends about Joey when the former ended, but that didn't end well. /pop culture nerd

Hmm. Interesting.I've heard that before about the Simpsons, didn't remember. Good point. I think comparing Frasier and Cheers to Friends and Joey makes me think the reason Frasier worked was because he wasn't one of the main, core characters on Cheers. I mean he kinda was, but he wasn't Sam or Norm or Carla. Where with Friends, seeing Joey NOT be best friends with Chandler, Ross, Phoebe, Monica, and Rachel was just weird. Plus I don't think (from the maybe one episode I watched) that Joey was written well.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 2:03 am

Harbortown wrote:

oh, i'm sorry. i can only imagine what people with migraines deal with. i'm such a baby if i just get a minor headache.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 2:08 am

steph wrote:
redskynight wrote:
steph wrote:
Debonair wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
steph wrote:
hey, i just read this:

I know that Frasier didn't air until Cheers ended. Simpsons is a spinoff of the Tracey Ullman Show and that's pretty successful. They tried to make a spinoff for Friends about Joey when the former ended, but that didn't end well. /pop culture nerd

Hmm. Interesting.I've heard that before about the Simpsons, didn't remember. Good point. I think comparing Frasier and Cheers to Friends and Joey makes me think the reason Frasier worked was because he wasn't one of the main, core characters on Cheers. I mean he kinda was, but he wasn't Sam or Norm or Carla. Where with Friends, seeing Joey NOT be best friends with Chandler, Ross, Phoebe, Monica, and Rachel was just weird. Plus I don't think (from the maybe one episode I watched) that Joey was written well.
Yeah, exactly. Cause Frasier wasn't one of the core characters on Cheers, the spinoff worked better and it gave more background info on him. Since Joey was a core character who had solid relationships with all the other core characters, it's tough separating them. With Dwight, since he's a core character who is SO OUT THERE, I just can't see it working out.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 2:10 am

steph wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

oh, i'm sorry. i can only imagine what people with migraines deal with. i'm such a baby if i just get a minor headache.
Yeah migraines are kind of a pain in the ass!

This stupid sunshine weather doesn't really help.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 2:26 am

California apologizes, John. Razz
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 2:28 am

Thanks, Mackenzie!

How's your reading coming along?
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 2:31 am

Harbortown wrote:
steph wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

don't hate on the california weather man. if you hate it then leave the golden state! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 2:32 am

Well, I'm about halfway through the second chapter, but that's cause I discovered the wonders of audiobooks, lol.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 2:35 am

redskynight wrote:
Well, I'm about halfway through the second chapter, but that's cause I discovered the wonders of audiobooks, lol.

God our generation has become so lazy...sorry I mean "resourceful" lol!
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 2:44 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
steph wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

don't hate on the california weather man. if you hate it then leave the golden state! Twisted Evil

move to the bay area you dont need to worry about that up here!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spam
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next