DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your own expectations - new album!

Go down 
+32
YouCanCallMeSally
njguy99
bringiton
Klown
holdonnow
riversedge
Don Carlo
nebraska
simo
JimmyB
marcsnitz
eagles1139
Red_Heels
RobertODonnell
mirrorenigma
The M
TGAforLIFE
IKeeptheDiner
eremitapa
enola
steph
DeathoftheCool
loazis
Christophe
chaval
Steve70s
kupe
The Angry Johnny Revue
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Holland
Harbortown
HorribleCrowe
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

Your own expectations - new album! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your own expectations - new album!   Your own expectations - new album! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 11:14 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Haha, Shirley. Airplane is such a funny movie. Razz

I think this new album is going to be beyond incredible, but that won't take away from the previous albums at all. They are each amazing in their own ways and we all have a history with them, so I don't think you have anything to worry about, Christophe. Smile

And yeah, six days and still nothing! I'm going out on a limb and saying today is the day!

I know I love Airplane love the part where he is trying to land the plane and sweat is pouring off him haha.

I suppose you are right Shannon that we all have a history with the albums and can all appreciate them individually. It might be harder for new fans hearing Handwritten as their first Gaslight album to appreciate their previous albums I don't know.

I really hope you are right Shannon. Someone needs to pull their socks up and just RELEASE THE INFORMATION! I am growing weaker every day with lack of news.

Haha, I think some of us (me included) will no longer be able to function by the end of the week if we don't get SOMETHING! geek

Hmm...I hadn't thought about new fans. That will be interesting to see if they end up loving the older albums as well. How can they not?! I would have a hard time calling them true fans if they didn't love all of those amazing songs. I guess I feel kind of protective over the music in a way because it means so much to me. Can you imagine the outrage if a bunch of new people signed up on here and said they don't like anything before Handwritten? Shocked I bet they would be immediately shunned! :p

Yeah I agree I think if they love Handwritten they could not help but fall in love with their previous albums. If they did sign up and slated Gaslight's previous material they would be chased out of this town with pitchforks haha lol!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Your own expectations - new album!   Your own expectations - new album! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 11:24 am

njguy99 wrote:
Based on the most recent Tumblr entry, I wonder if the label might be playing with the dates a little. Maybe a month or two ago they told TGA about a June release, so that's what the guys told interviewers. Then the Bieber album was slated for mid-June and it threw everything out of whack.

Quote :
just waiting to get the OK to start releasing info to you all about the first single and release dates…it’s coming so soon, I promise, we just had to get everything ready so you can get everything in a complete form.

So, maybe they were told one thing, then told another, and they had to change their plans. That's what happens when you go from being the big fish in a small pond (sideonedummy) to being a small fish in a very, very big pond.

I hope it hasn't been pushed back because if Justin Bieber of all people. The horror! affraid

In the other Handwritten thread, a good point was made (the quote below), and it makes sense to me. Until I hear something official that says differently, I have to believe that it's still going to be a June release.

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
Seeing as in the Island/DefJam/Mercury Newsletter, they link to the Spin article in which it says that the album will be released in June, I think we can be just about positive JUNE IT IS!!!!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Your own expectations - new album!   Your own expectations - new album! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 11:24 am

Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Haha, Shirley. Airplane is such a funny movie. Razz

I think this new album is going to be beyond incredible, but that won't take away from the previous albums at all. They are each amazing in their own ways and we all have a history with them, so I don't think you have anything to worry about, Christophe. Smile

And yeah, six days and still nothing! I'm going out on a limb and saying today is the day!

I know I love Airplane love the part where he is trying to land the plane and sweat is pouring off him haha.

I suppose you are right Shannon that we all have a history with the albums and can all appreciate them individually. It might be harder for new fans hearing Handwritten as their first Gaslight album to appreciate their previous albums I don't know.

I really hope you are right Shannon. Someone needs to pull their socks up and just RELEASE THE INFORMATION! I am growing weaker every day with lack of news.

Haha, I think some of us (me included) will no longer be able to function by the end of the week if we don't get SOMETHING! geek

Hmm...I hadn't thought about new fans. That will be interesting to see if they end up loving the older albums as well. How can they not?! I would have a hard time calling them true fans if they didn't love all of those amazing songs. I guess I feel kind of protective over the music in a way because it means so much to me. Can you imagine the outrage if a bunch of new people signed up on here and said they don't like anything before Handwritten? Shocked I bet they would be immediately shunned! :p

Yeah I agree I think if they love Handwritten they could not help but fall in love with their previous albums. If they did sign up and slated Gaslight's previous material they would be chased out of this town with pitchforks haha lol!

Twisted Evil It's a plan. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Your own expectations - new album!   Your own expectations - new album! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 11:27 am

Why can't they release Gaslight and that kid I shall not name at the same sort of time? It's not like they are similar and competing against each other.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Your own expectations - new album!   Your own expectations - new album! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 11:30 am

Christophe wrote:
Why can't they release Gaslight and that kid I shall not name at the same sort of time? It's not like they are similar and competing against each other.

That's what I was wondering. Do record labels release albums by different artists on the same day? That kid's album is coming out on June 19th (I heard the date when he was on The Voice - ugh, so so stupid!) and my first thought was, "Oh no! Does that mean Gaslight cant release on that day too?"
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Your own expectations - new album!   Your own expectations - new album! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 11:32 am

Christophe wrote:

It's a question of resources. Releasing an album is not simply sending it to radio stations and stores - they have to mount a whole PR campaign. I imagine Bieber requires a lot more people to launch his album, so perhaps several who would be working on the TGA release were diverted.

Labels tend to have surprisingly small staffs, even at the Mercury level, so they would try to avoid releasing too many things at the same time to give only one album the utmost attention.

It's possible that means simply pushing Handwritten back by a week or two to avoid overlap.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Your own expectations - new album!   Your own expectations - new album! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 11:34 am

Christophe wrote:

That's what I was wondering. Do record labels release albums by different artists on the same day? That kid's album is coming out on June 19th (I heard the date when he was on The Voice - ugh, so so stupid!) and my first thought was, "Oh no! Does that mean Gaslight cant release on that day too?"

Maybe not. I'm not sure how it works. I think Gaslight will be released on June 25/26.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Your own expectations - new album!   Your own expectations - new album! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 11:37 am

njguy99 wrote:
Christophe wrote:

It's a question of resources. Releasing an album is not simply sending it to radio stations and stores - they have to mount a whole PR campaign. I imagine Bieber requires a lot more people to launch his album, so perhaps several who would be working on the TGA release were diverted.

Labels tend to have surprisingly small staffs, even at the Mercury level, so they would try to avoid releasing too many things at the same time to give only one album the utmost attention.

It's possible that means simply pushing Handwritten back by a week or two to avoid overlap.

Very interesting. If it was pushed back to be released the week after Bieber's [stupid] record, then it would still be a June release. I am so sick of guessing, I just want to know for sure which day! Even if it's not June (which I still think it is), I just want to know already!
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Your own expectations - new album!   Your own expectations - new album! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 11:39 am

njguy99 wrote:
Christophe wrote:

Very interesting. If it was pushed back to be released the week after Bieber's [stupid] record, then it would still be a June release. I am so sick of guessing, I just want to know for sure which day! Even if it's not June (which I still think it is), I just want to know already!

Yeah that is interesting hopefully if it does get pushed back it will only be a week or two. Wonder if they would consider bringing it forward so it came out before brat-who-must-not-be-named's album does?
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Your own expectations - new album!   Your own expectations - new album! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 11:44 am

Christophe wrote:
njguy99 wrote:
Christophe wrote:

Yeah that is interesting hopefully if it does get pushed back it will only be a week or two. Wonder if they would consider bringing it forward so it came out before brat-who-must-not-be-named's album does?

Oh man, I hope so! But that would only be 6 or 7 weeks away, so that seems unlikely since we haven't heard ANYTHING AT ALL! I really hope that will happen though!
Back to top Go down
YouCanCallMeSally
A Contender
A Contender
YouCanCallMeSally

PostSubject: Re: Your own expectations - new album!   Your own expectations - new album! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 11:51 am

I am FREAKING OUT!!!! It's affecting my whole life. In classes I cannot stop thinking about how I am not online and possibly missing some news!
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/rubychaos
YouCanCallMeSally
A Contender
A Contender
YouCanCallMeSally

PostSubject: Re: Your own expectations - new album!   Your own expectations - new album! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 11:52 am

Oh, but then I am home and / or on the computer and there is no news!!
WAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! Somebody save me!!! affraid
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Your own expectations - new album!   Your own expectations - new album! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 11:54 am

YouCanCallMeSally wrote:
I am FREAKING OUT!!!! It's affecting my whole life. In classes I cannot stop thinking about how I am not online and possibly missing some news!

I am the same way at work! WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO US?! Seriously, I'm not some little fangirl who drools over rock stars. Really, I'm not. But this album has become an obsession, probably because I hate not knowing what's going on. What has happened to my life? Shocked Embarassed Razz
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Your own expectations - new album!   Your own expectations - new album! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 12:00 pm

YouCanCallMeSally wrote:

I am the same way at work! WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO US?! Seriously, I'm not some little fangirl who drools over rock stars. Really, I'm not. But this album has become an obsession, probably because I hate not knowing what's going on. What has happened to my life? Shocked Embarassed Razz

Someone should make a documentary entitled 'Handwritten: An Obsession' that tracks members of Dimestore Saints and how they are struggling to cope waiting for this album. It focuses on how it is affecting their everyday lives and slowly turning their lives into a living hell. The documentary could even feature footage of those of us who have sought medical help in order to try and overcome this cruel disease Wink
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Your own expectations - new album!   Your own expectations - new album! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 12:02 pm

Christophe wrote:
YouCanCallMeSally wrote:

Someone should make a documentary entitled 'Handwritten: An Obsession' that tracks members of Dimestore Saints and how they are struggling to cope waiting for this album. It focuses on how it is affecting their everyday lives and slowly turning their lives into a living hell. The documentary could even feature footage of those of us who have sought medical help in order to try and overcome this cruel disease Wink

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

It'll all be OK...
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Your own expectations - new album!   Your own expectations - new album! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 12:05 pm

Christophe wrote:
YouCanCallMeSally wrote:

lol! This is what it has come to! We need medical help because we are struggling to cope! Haha, that's great...and a little sad. Razz
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: Your own expectations - new album!   Your own expectations - new album! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 3:10 pm

lol! I love it: "Handwritten: An Obsession"

Let me know when that documentary comes out! Very Happy We could all be stars!!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Your own expectations - new album!   Your own expectations - new album! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 3:18 pm

TGAforLIFE wrote:

lol!

Haha thanks. I just need to find a documentary film-maker to make it now scratch
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: Your own expectations - new album!   Your own expectations - new album! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 3:29 pm

Christophe wrote:
TGAforLIFE wrote:

lol!

Haha thanks. I just need to find a documentary film-maker to make it now scratch

Laughing Yeah, that could be a bit tough. But, I suppose there are some good documentary film-maker chaps in England, yeah? Smile

...maybe you could even find someone with ties to Gaslight so they could get their professional advice!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nico0493
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
nico0493

PostSubject: Re: Your own expectations - new album!   Your own expectations - new album! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 4:30 pm

TGAforLIFE wrote:

lol!

don't worry guys I heard the documentary is coming out REALLY SOON hahaha Razz

(might as well try to use lame jokes to keep me sane haha)
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Your own expectations - new album!   Your own expectations - new album! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 4:31 pm

Here's a fun project to help stem the tide of anticipation...

I just went back to Sink or Swim for the first time in months. Honestly, I'd forgotten how awesome that album is. Listen to that for a few days. Maybe mix in Senor and the Queen.

Then move on to 59 Sound. Really soak it in, put it on a loop.

Then American Slang. If the first single or the new album isn't out by the time the "cycle" is over, start at the beginning again.

Listen with new ears, as if each one of the old albums is the new album. Listen for chord progressions and tone changes. Try to catch the subtleties. Then sing along at the top of your lungs.

The new one will be out before you know it!
Back to top Go down
YouCanCallMeSally
A Contender
A Contender
YouCanCallMeSally

PostSubject: Re: Your own expectations - new album!   Your own expectations - new album! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 4:34 pm

That sounds like a perfect step for sanity in our little support group Very Happy
I might give it a shot ^^
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: Your own expectations - new album!   Your own expectations - new album! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 4:34 pm

njguy99 wrote:
Here's a fun project to help stem the tide of anticipation...

I just went back to Sink or Swim for the first time in months. Honestly, I'd forgotten how awesome that album is. Listen to that for a few days. Maybe mix in Senor and the Queen.

Then move on to 59 Sound. Really soak it in, put it on a loop.

Then American Slang. If the first single or the new album isn't out by the time the "cycle" is over, start at the beginning again.

Listen with new ears, as if each one of the old albums is the new album. Listen for chord progressions and tone changes. Try to catch the subtleties. Then sing along at the top of your lungs.

The new one will be out before you know it!

I love this suggestion.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Your own expectations - new album!   Your own expectations - new album! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 5:19 pm

Missing this single.
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Getting through the agonizing wait...   Your own expectations - new album! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 9:47 pm

I don't know if there's already something out there like this, but I'm losing my mind waiting for Handwritten. Last night I dreamt it leaked and woke up very disappointed and had a very sad day, haha. So what if we have a thread where we talk about other upcoming albums or things that we've been into lately and try discovering new artists/albums/songs/etc. Like I said, I'm not sure if there's something like this on here already. For me, I've been really into Biffy Clyro lately. I discovered them when they were touring with Alkaline Trio but never checked them out until a little over a month ago. I'm surprised they're not bigger here in the US. I also just downloaded Eddie Vedder's solo records, which I'm digging so far. I also love the new Sigur Rós album, Valtari. Very awesome stuff. Actually, what if instead of making this just about other music, what if we discuss anything that we've been into while waiting for the album. Like...I recently started watching Breaking Bad (so good o_o). So yeah, anything, like music, movies, video games, books, writing, painting, playing music, work..whatever. I thought this might be a good idea, let me know if it isn't! haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your own expectations - new album!   Your own expectations - new album! - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your own expectations - new album!
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next