DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fashion thread!

Go down 
+18
Ryan!
The Boxer
DeathoftheCool
Miles
loazis
Phil Rockabill
ThisMachineKillsFascists
Debonair
IrishNameAndAnInjury
JimmyB
efofex
steph
Holland
NeverTrustAJunkie
Camus
Harbortown
HorribleCrowe
plugga
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Fashion thread! Empty
PostSubject: Fashion thread!   Fashion thread! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 5:59 pm

because we are a classy, CLASSY forum.
Share your concerns, your thoughts, your favorite websites, your outfits and..you know, stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

Fashion thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashion thread!   Fashion thread! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 6:01 pm

VANS, VANS, VANS. Got to love em.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Fashion thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashion thread!   Fashion thread! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 6:03 pm

Vans are alright. I do prefer Converse, however!
Back to top Go down

Fashion thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashion thread!   Fashion thread! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 6:03 pm

Oh, boy. Time to get carried away talking about fashion.
I'm just gonna repost the pics of my magnificent new coat here:

https://2img.net/h/i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m581/stepsandnumbers/0112121314.jpg

https://2img.net/h/i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m581/stepsandnumbers/0112121316a.jpg
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Fashion thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashion thread!   Fashion thread! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 6:04 pm

REPPIN' MY STYLE TOO.

Fashion thread! 6GhFg
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

Fashion thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashion thread!   Fashion thread! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 6:04 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Vans are alright. I do prefer Converse, however!

I have too big feet. haha
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Fashion thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashion thread!   Fashion thread! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 6:08 pm

aw yes I love vans! I got the black ones here: http://www.vans.com/microsites/classics/old-skool/index.php
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Fashion thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashion thread!   Fashion thread! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 6:13 pm

https://twitter.com/#!/plugGaGa/status/157523886127333376/photo/1 are pjs fashion too?
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

Fashion thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashion thread!   Fashion thread! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 6:14 pm

plugga wrote:
aw yes I love vans! I got the black ones here:

I always wear black ones. I got inspired by Tim McIlrath of Rise Against.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Fashion thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashion thread!   Fashion thread! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 6:54 pm

Vans never suited me Sad

I have these cool Etnies (but I can't find a picture of them because I can't remember what they are/where they're from)
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Fashion thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashion thread!   Fashion thread! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 7:20 pm

I wear band t-shirts & jeans pretty much any time I leave the house unless it's a dress up event. I describe my style as "15 yr old going to Ozzfest."

This was the last shirt I bought:
Fashion thread! Social_distortion_distressed_stars
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

Fashion thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashion thread!   Fashion thread! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:24 pm

I love Vans i have one pair that i have had for about 6 years they are so worn but i just can't say goodbye, on another note the manager of my band brought a load of clothing to our video shoot from a company that offered to sponsor us and it was the worst collection of shit i have ever seen.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Fashion thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashion thread!   Fashion thread! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:28 pm

ahahahha you can't just start from armani, can you
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

Fashion thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashion thread!   Fashion thread! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:31 pm

The thing is i am kind of picky i can only shop alone or i get frustrated veeeery quickly , i buy Levis , Lee, Vans and band t-shirts and that is about it and if people suggest other things i get defensive especially as in the case of tonight lime green tshirts and beige button up SHORT SLEEVE SHIRTS!!! And we all know Harbortown's view on those.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Fashion thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashion thread!   Fashion thread! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:34 pm

Fashion thread! Tumblr_lojul1hoB91qgzuxc
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Fashion thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashion thread!   Fashion thread! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:36 pm

button up short sleeve shirts isn't as bad as a dress shirt (and maybe even a jacket) with jeans. now that's a bad look. can't decide whether to be casual or dress up? i dont care make a choice!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Fashion thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashion thread!   Fashion thread! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:52 pm

Holland wrote:
The thing is i am kind of picky i can only shop alone or i get frustrated veeeery quickly , i buy Levis , Lee, Vans and band t-shirts and that is about it and if people suggest other things i get defensive especially as in the case of tonight lime green tshirts and beige button up SHORT SLEEVE SHIRTS!!! And we all know Harbortown's view on those.
Better avoid those like the plague, or I will haunt you.

Mark my words, Holland, I will haunt you.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Fashion thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashion thread!   Fashion thread! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:53 pm

steph wrote:
button up short sleeve shirts isn't as bad as a dress shirt (and maybe even a jacket) with jeans. now that's a bad look. can't decide whether to be casual or dress up? i dont care make a choice!
True, jeans and dress shirts don't go together as well as chinos and dress shirts do, but it's perfectly possible to pull it off.

It's just a matter of choosing plain colors and great fits.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Fashion thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashion thread!   Fashion thread! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:54 pm

stop scaring people john
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Fashion thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashion thread!   Fashion thread! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:54 pm

Harbortown wrote:
steph wrote:
True, jeans and dress shirts don't go together as well as chinos and dress shirts do, but it's perfectly possible to pull it off.

i guess we'll just have to agree to disagree then, my friend.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

Fashion thread! Empty

Harbortown wrote:
Holland wrote:
Better avoid those like the plague, or I will haunt you.

Mark my words, Holland, I will haunt you.

Do not worry , i took one look at them and walked away , i like your coat/jacket up there.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Fashion thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashion thread!   Fashion thread! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:38 pm

steph wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
steph wrote:

i guess we'll just have to agree to disagree then, my friend.
I will prove you wrong! Just you wait.

Like, a couple of days or so.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Fashion thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashion thread!   Fashion thread! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:39 pm

haha. i will see if you can change my mind...
Back to top Go down

Fashion thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashion thread!   Fashion thread! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 11:00 pm

I found a pretty kickass pair of boots yesterday. It was originally $50 and I got 'em for $20 cause they went on sale that day.

ETA: /scouring the internet for photos of the style of boots I got
Back to top Go down
efofex
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
efofex

Fashion thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashion thread!   Fashion thread! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 6:06 am

steph wrote:

Hate to interject into this whole conversation you're having with Harbortown here, but dress shirt and jeans are a great combination, but it's really dependent on the wash of the jeans and balancing the outfit. Take for example, a friend of a friend's (she's a really popular style blogger, actually /coolest story, brah) following outfit:

Fashion thread! 6208906093_922dc78eb6

The jeans are dark enough to be used as dressier pants, and I think it works (and seemingly includes everything you said (dress shirt, jacket, jeans)). Or maybe I'm trying to rationalize my own fashion choices because I do button-ups and dark, dry denim all the time. Hell, I like to button up my blouses all the way and tuck them too. No regrets. I don't know, maybe I just really like the boy-meets-girl/tomboy aesthetic. Or I'm just a total hipster.

On another note, what does everyone think of street style blogs and photographers? I think it's a neat idea to get inspiration and all, but the fact that some bloggers (eg: Scott Schuman from the Sartorialist) are pulling $250000+ a year for taking pictures of someone off the street is kind of ridiculous. I've been asked a few times to have my picture taken and now I feel ripped off. I demand compensation!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fashion thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashion thread!   Fashion thread! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fashion thread!
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next