DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Friday Thread

Go down 
+6
massie1903
Ivefoundgod
tdawg
Palmer89
JoshRaymond
ktp
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

The Friday Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Friday Thread   The Friday Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 11:59 am

huzzah! it's almost the weekend! so glad it's a bank holiday too (for the UK that is!)
anyone got any plans? im off to stay with my parents for the long weekend and enjoy being in the country side away from the hustle and bustle of london. hopefully get a dip in the hottub too! mmm! roll on 5:30pm!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

The Friday Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Friday Thread   The Friday Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 12:18 pm

Yes im driving down to Austin to see off with there heads, stoked for that
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

The Friday Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Friday Thread   The Friday Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 12:21 pm

I'm being boring!

Girlfriends got work all weekend, so watching F1 qualifying tommorow, followed by football (or soccer) then on saturday watching the F1 race.

Sport weekend for me.
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

The Friday Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Friday Thread   The Friday Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 1:12 pm

I'm sitting in my shorts posting on this website. :\
Other than that, I've gotta buy groceries and polish the floor. Oh, and I'm going to hang out with a friend of mine that's moving to Malaysia tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
Ivefoundgod
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Ivefoundgod

The Friday Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Friday Thread   The Friday Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 10:08 pm

Well, its 2:06 in Ireland, i'm finishing off the last of my beers, workin at 7am so that's not goin to be nice, apart from that, will probably head out tomorrow night, either Carlow or Kilkenny, dunno for sure yet. Hope everyone has a good weekend either way.
Back to top Go down
massie1903
A Contender
A Contender
massie1903

The Friday Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Friday Thread   The Friday Thread Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 6:59 am

ktp wrote:
huzzah! it's almost the weekend! so glad it's a bank holiday too (for the UK that is!)
anyone got any plans? im off to stay with my parents for the long weekend and enjoy being in the country side away from the hustle and bustle of london. hopefully get a dip in the hottub too! mmm! roll on 5:30pm!

Only England have a bank holiday... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

The Friday Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Friday Thread   The Friday Thread Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 5:51 pm

I'm sailing this weekend Smile

What's a bank holiday?
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

The Friday Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Friday Thread   The Friday Thread Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 6:18 pm

Bank holiday is an excuse for a 3 day weekend, monday is a national holiday for whatever reason.

Surprised we don't have one every monday!

Been watching football, F1 and Top Gear all day, the hgih life!
Back to top Go down
Shipyards
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Shipyards

The Friday Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Friday Thread   The Friday Thread Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 1:01 am

I'm working on nights throughout the Bank Holiday, hence being online at stupid o'clock!
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

The Friday Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Friday Thread   The Friday Thread Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 1:09 am

I want to come to Europe and celebrate your holidays that we don't get in America. Who's got a couch?
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

The Friday Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Friday Thread   The Friday Thread Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 7:12 pm

Vibes wrote:
I want to come to Europe and celebrate your holidays that we don't get in America. Who's got a couch?

haha more than welcome! gotta love bank holidays! days off for no reason what so ever! india's quite good with holidays too cos of all their gods and celebration days!!
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

The Friday Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Friday Thread   The Friday Thread Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 3:23 pm

Well, it's friday.

This weekend is going to be horrible. Got literallt nothing on the agenda, nothing to keep me occupied, going to be the worst weekend for a while.

Uni doesn't start for another few weeks, girlfriend is at work for half the weekend, no formula one, no football (well, no interesting football).

The only thing is the US Open and thats during the evening.

Going to be a horrible, mundane boring weekend, wish I had some sort of work to do!
Back to top Go down

The Friday Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Friday Thread   The Friday Thread Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 3:58 pm

You'd best start drinking Palmer. Although it may be better as a group activity, it always does the trick.
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

The Friday Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Friday Thread   The Friday Thread Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 4:11 pm

I would...if I even drank, I'm one of the odd ones who doesn't touch the stuff!

Will just have to amuse myself with music all weekend. Got no money to spend as am having to save up for holiday in a few weeks time as well.
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

The Friday Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Friday Thread   The Friday Thread Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 10:48 pm

oh dear Palmer89, not a good start!!

i've had a great start to the weekend. (just to rub it in hehe!) i had a jive event to go to that was a school disco theme so lots of dressing up and to make it better i won 3rd place in one of the dancing competitions so am pretty damn chuffed seeing as i've only been going since January!

nothing tomorrow but then on sunday i'm off to india for a week with work so bring it on! can't wait for sunshine, warmth, beer and bollwood! oh and some work of course!
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

The Friday Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Friday Thread   The Friday Thread Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 4:45 am

Do you only get to see the cities with work or do you get chance to get out and see the other stuff?

Anyway weekened started alright. Saw Broadway calls and Polar Bear Club both were excellent. Bumped into out own very hammered Stalls/Kieran. Then I had the best sleep ever.
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

The Friday Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Friday Thread   The Friday Thread Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 5:42 am

i'm with you on the best sleep ever!!
my work are quite good at letting me extend trips a bit by a few days if i want to explore where i am so it's great. when i'm in india i tend to work from 9am till 7/8pm, they're long days but i still try to make sure i go out somewhere with the people i work with whether to see a bollywood or go clubbing in india (the best nights out i've ever had have been there!). i've also got quite a lot of mates in other cities so i often try to fly down to see them before i fly home but not this time.
my motto for all my work trips are to work hard but play a little bit harder! knackering but worth it!
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

The Friday Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Friday Thread   The Friday Thread Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 5:49 am

Sweet im sure I have said before that I want to go to India. My parents went to see a Bollywood film and said it was fantastic and people even got up to dance! It didnt matter they couldn't understand a thing.

I want to go travelling again soon. Might persuade the Girlfriend to do a trip to Europe on the cheap.
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

The Friday Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Friday Thread   The Friday Thread Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 6:02 am

deffo good idea!
yeah if you go to the cheaper cinemas in india it ends up being a bit like a panto with people cheering the good guys and booing the bad guys! such a great atmosphere as with the rest of india!
Back to top Go down

The Friday Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Friday Thread   The Friday Thread Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:01 am

Palmer89 wrote:
I would...if I even drank, I'm one of the odd ones who doesn't touch the stuff!

Will just have to amuse myself with music all weekend. Got no money to spend as am having to save up for holiday in a few weeks time as well.

It doesn't bear thinking about how much money I waste on alcohol... I don't think I'd have to save up for anything ever again if I didn't drink!!! Very Happy

Your job sounds wicked ktp, I really wanna go travelling, like you Kieran Europe on the cheap will probably be the first thing maybe when I've got a regular source of income...
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

The Friday Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Friday Thread   The Friday Thread Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:13 am

I honestly don't understand how my mates can afford to drink, I've been skint for the past 2 years and don't touch the stuff!

As soon as I get a little money i'm off to explore europe, going to Belgium in a couple of weeks, Paris next year sometime to vist a couple of mates and after that, when I finish uni and get a job, hopefully the possibilities are endless!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Friday Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Friday Thread   The Friday Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Friday Thread
Page 1 of 1