DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat

Go down 
+11
Labhras
plugga
JukeboxJuliet
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Shrewsbury_Stars
theBasemen
Holland
Jerseyrain
steady now steady now
Harbortown
enola
15 posters
AuthorMessage
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat Empty
PostSubject: Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat   Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 3:34 am

For all of you who always wanted a hat like Brian has!

From the TGA newsletter:
We've got something special coming to the store and we can't wait any longer.  I'll let Brian explain:    
"So I guess it was about 7 or 8 years ago that my wife and her friend went to an Irish festival in New Jersey and she came back with this patchwork hat for me.   She knows I'm a big hat guy, I have tons, and they come and go, I wear them out, they get lost, but for some reason, I've always kept this one that she bought me that day.   We didn't get it because of any brand name or anything, it just kind of was one of those things that became mainstay. It was just always there. I always remember our first trip to England, where we played the Lock Up stage at the Reading and Leeds Festival, every time I see pictures of that there's me in the hat, then there's all the other shows.   It just seems to show up everywhere. It's become like a friend to me, it's been where I've been.   So when Hanna Hats came to us with the idea of doing a hat I was shocked, it seems this hat wants to be part of my life, and why shouldn't it be, I feel like it has the same amount of miles on it.   I'm a sucker for people who do things with their own two hands as well, so with all this in mind, I'm proud to be a part of having my own hat. Who would've thought?"

available at the TGA store
http://stores.homestead.com/gaslight/-strse-104/Brian-Fallon-Signature-Vintage/Detail.bok

Brian's signature Hanna Hat will be available in a pre-sale kind of offer, so we've placed the hats up for sale and we expect to ship them out  December 19.   We are not guaranteeing Christmas delivery for these; however most U.S. customers may have a good shot at receiving these by the post office delivery next Friday.  There are two styles to choose from, the patchwork and grey, each available in large and medium sizes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat   Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 3:41 am

So I don't mind signature items or whatever, but I don't see the point here. It looks exactly like all the other patchwork hats.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat   Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 5:45 am

I'm sorry, but this just makes me cringe, especially because Brian says "I'm a sucker for people who do things with their own two hands as well". So why not just release a signature 'pattern', so people can sew their own?

If the hat had "The Gaslight Anthem" sewn on, then it would just be merch and I wouldn't blink an eye.

drunken

Last edited by steady now steady now on Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat   Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 6:33 am

I think the hats look cool on Brian but theyre not for everybody. I think theres a lot of people that will buy these for the sheer fact that Brian has one similar and they want to look like him but will it actually suit them? who knows. Its expensive too!
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat   Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 8:09 am

Yes there is something a bit weird and wrong about this but i have not figured it out yet.
Back to top Go down
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender
theBasemen

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat   Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 10:14 am

Maybe there are really broke since they haven't put out new music for a while. And now Brian is desperately trying to get some dollars by selling his hats....

Maybe not...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Naked-Sweat-Drips/259797094
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat   Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 11:57 am

I think Brian has simply been reading this board and after seeing how many people want to imitate his wardrobe, he got the idea to cash in.

Replicas of his jackets, t-shirts, sunglasses, flannel shirts, and athletic socks will all be available on the webstore shortly.
Back to top Go down
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender
theBasemen

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat   Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 12:00 pm

Tattoostickers?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Naked-Sweat-Drips/259797094

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat   Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 6:09 pm

For anyone that didn't see, there's an autographed El Jefe poster in the webstore now, too. Scoop it up!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat   Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 6:28 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
For anyone that didn't see, there's an autographed El Jefe poster in the webstore now, too. Scoop it up!

Does anyone else find it a little weird that the autographed poster (very nice!) costs $10 less than the Hanna hat? The poster is way cooler and would appeal to more people than the hat would.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat   Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 6:33 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:

Does anyone else find it a little weird that the autographed poster (very nice!) costs $10 less than the Hanna hat? The poster is way cooler and would appeal to more people than the hat would.

I was thinking the same thing! But I think those hats are actually hand made, and with good materials so it doesn't really suprise me that they're so pricey. It seems like they just made some of their usual hats and threw Brian's signature on them.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat   Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 6:46 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:

I was thinking the same thing! But I think those hats are actually hand made, and with good materials so it doesn't really suprise me that they're so pricey. It seems like they just made some of their usual hats and threw Brian's signature on them.

I agree about the hats. There isn't anything that screams Gaslight about them, so it does just seem like Brian's name is on an average hat. That is cool that they are handmade though. Definite worth a higher price for the craftsmanship, but I think the signed poster is more valuable.
Back to top Go down
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender
JukeboxJuliet

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat   Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 7:19 pm

Hahaha....

This is awesome. For $60 you can lure in the ladies with Brian's classy headwear Wink

That look might not be for everyone, but I have noticed in the past 4-5 years or so I see guys wearing these hats quite often - and not saying that everyone can pull them off, but for whatever reason gentlemen who wear these seem to instantly be 10x more attractive. Maybe it's just my personal taste or something.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat   Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 7:25 pm

CutToRibbons wrote:
for whatever reason gentlemen who wear these seem to instantly be 10x more attractive. Maybe it's just my personal taste or something.

SO TRUE.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat   Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 7:53 pm

but it definitely doesn't look good just on everyone.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat   Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 8:00 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
CutToRibbons wrote:
for whatever reason gentlemen who wear these seem to instantly be 10x more attractive. Maybe it's just my personal taste or something.

SO TRUE.
Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat 13235210

Good thing I got me a flat cap then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat   Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 12:21 am

plugga wrote:
but it definitely doesn't look good just on everyone.

Yeah, you're right. But if a guy can pull it off, it looks soo good.
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat   Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 7:43 am

i think it's cool. they're not selling some cheap knock off with a big smiley picture of brian printed across it. if you buy it you get the best of both worlds; your wearing something gaslight related but you can look as good as if you were wearing "proper" clothes.
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat   Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 7:50 am

I've had one of these hats for over a year, but this means that a lot more people will have them now Sad
Back to top Go down
TGA30
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TGA30

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat   Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 8:25 pm

i made a post a couple months ago in a different thread about that hat. i've been looking for one like his for a looong time. i found a couple, but none were as nice as the one he has, so i never bought one. i ordered one of these though last night, can't wait to get it.
Back to top Go down
briancarr82
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat   Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 1:38 pm

hey TGA 138, did your hat arrive? did you go for the patch hat or the plain one? In ireland myself so just wondering how much it cost for postage? Also, what are the sizes like?
Back to top Go down
TGA30
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TGA30

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat   Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 1:53 pm

briancarr82 wrote:
hey TGA 138, did your hat arrive? did you go for the patch hat or the plain one? In ireland myself so just wondering how much it cost for postage? Also, what are the sizes like?

yup, i got it. i went with the patchwork, but im thinking about getting the grey one too. i love the patchwork one though, and i've gotten lots of compliments on it whenever i wear it out. the sizing seemed a little strange to me. i have a couple of pub caps, and i bought them all in large. for whatever reason, i ordered the patchwork in medium, and im glad i did cause it seems bigger than my caps that are large. not a big problem, as i let my hair grow a little longer in the winter anyway, so it fits fine now lol. im in NJ, so shipping was only like $6.00 or something, so i don't know what it would cost to ship to ireland.
Back to top Go down
thebiglebowski
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat   Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 5:52 pm

Just seeing this. Pretty cool. Would have bought one if I didn't have a Hanna Hat already.

My 65 year old Stochastic Processes professor has one too...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat   Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Fallon signature hat for Hanna Hat
Page 1 of 1