DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Green Day

Go down 
+36
Thunder Peel
Anya_TGA
steady now steady now
TheContender
Paddy
brucesboots
JimmyB
TGAFAN25
Van Der Twix
bringiton_ty
jzancan
Zapuda
White Man In Hammersmith
OllieC
onbackstreetsinbackseats
prettyontheinsidex
Jack
Klown
Ghost
A_Regular
TGAforLIFE
thomas94
simo
Velocity
Shrewsbury_Stars
jeffrey2
Bea
ThisMachineKillsFascists
nebraska
Harbortown
Daire
Debonair
NeverTrustAJunkie
DeathoftheCool
Phil Rockabill
waltzingseñora
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Green Day - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 4:47 pm

That video and the whole performance is kinda sad. It looks like an old drunk man showing up to teenager party where they dont serve alcohol and try to get them to "fucking partyyy you motherfuckingfuckersjustinbieberandusherlovingbastards! Im the real birthday star so fucking adore me or die fucking stupid lame ass fucking kids. Wheres the booze? Were going have a real good fucking time!"
And then he falls through a glass table and someone have to call an ambulance while he's bleeding most of his blood and peeing his pants. "fucking kids never saw a guy bleeding eh!?"...
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Green Day - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 5:34 pm

Sami wrote:
That video and the whole performance is kinda sad. It looks like an old drunk man showing up to teenager party where they dont serve alcohol and try to get them to "fucking partyyy you motherfuckingfuckersjustinbieberandusherlovingbastards! Im the real birthday star so fucking adore me or die fucking stupid lame ass fucking kids. Wheres the booze? Were going have a real good fucking time!"
And then he falls through a glass table and someone have to call an ambulance while he's bleeding most of his blood and peeing his pants. "fucking kids never saw a guy bleeding eh!?"...
average day in Finland
Back to top Go down

Green Day - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 5:50 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Sami wrote:
average day in Finland

Very Happy

Well to be quite honest, that would be the kinda thing my dad would do except the peeing and he would be gone when the ambulance came...maybe he would go later at night at the hospital, because the bleeding doesnt stop...but he wouldnt do this after that: http://www.tmz.com/2012/09/23/green-day-billie-joe-armstrong-headed-to-rehab/
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

Green Day - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 8:18 pm

I think to summarize he was just wasted and angry the crowd wasn't responding... what a mess Sad
Back to top Go down
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

Green Day - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:59 pm

Sucks for him. At least the new album is pretty decent.
Back to top Go down

Green Day - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 5:13 pm

Billy should have take a lesson from his idols when took that stage drunk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5khB5i21s8
Back to top Go down
Paddy
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Paddy

Green Day - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 5:25 pm

The Queers do drunk shows better.

Also, is it still super punx to smash your guitar when you don't even have to worry about paying for them anymore?
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

Green Day - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 6:13 pm

As far as I'm concerned it's never #punx to smash your guitar
Back to top Go down
TheContender
A Contender
A Contender
TheContender

Green Day - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 7:41 pm

Green Day can't even make drunk look cool.
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

Green Day - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 11:05 am

TheContender wrote:
Green Day can't even make drunk look cool.

check out a foxboro hot tubs show on youtube and i think you will retract that statement
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Green Day - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 12:57 pm

Never mind 'the incident'. To my great surprise Uno! is a fun album and I'm glad I bought it. Yes, there's the Green Day formula to some of the songs , but that's partly why it's a fine Green Day album (after the Breakdown disaster).
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

Green Day - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 4:23 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
Never mind 'the incident'. To my great surprise Uno! is a fun album and I'm glad I bought it. Yes, there's the Green Day formula to some of the songs , but that's partly why it's a fine Green Day album (after the Breakdown disaster).

I love you
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

Green Day - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 4:41 pm

cant wait to hear it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

Green Day - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 9:54 am

Actually surprised how good it is. Not many songs I skip, fluid and consistently good from start to finish. Also despite not being a fan of Oh Love at first, it sounds much better in its place on the album. A great song but a poor single choice.

Very good, looking forward to the next one!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Green Day - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 1:21 pm

¡Dos!' turned out pretty good as well. Quite a '60s retro feel to most of the album, much more so then TGA would probably dare go in for just now. Certainly a touch or Oasis about it. I'm impressed that they have managed to come up with this level of quality across the two albums, so I wonder what ¡Tre!' will be able to match it. Having given up on Green day after Breakdown, I'm pleased with their revival.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

Green Day - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 2:12 pm

I fucking love Uno and Dos, personally. Dos can get even the most lethargic of human beings in the "let's get shit-faced and fuck" mentality. I really hope Billie gets well, though. Partying is the life, but safety comes first...
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

Green Day - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 5:46 pm

Where Uno was consistently throughout, Dos is a bit hit and miss for me. It's still good, and different so Kudos to them for doing that. Maybe it just requires more listens.

AI think Tre will be a great conclusion to the trilogy. From what I've read its a hark back to the epicness of American Idiot, which can only be good.

Back to top Go down
prettyontheinsidex
A Contender
A Contender
prettyontheinsidex

Green Day - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 6:05 pm

I'm enjoying both Uno and Dos a lots the than I thought I would. I think I like Dos more than Uno. But I'm definitely surprised that I enjoyed them that much. They kind of sound reminiscent of Nimrod but kind of different at the same time. I guess I like 21st century breakdown at the time, but it's definitely not their best, especially following American idiot. If tre is a hark back to the epicness of American idiot, then I'm definitely excited.
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

Green Day - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 11:30 am

Absolutely loving DOS at the moment Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

Green Day - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 11:41 am

Honestly I love everything Green Day has ever done. As soon as goofballs on the internet think they've stagnated they take a sharp left turn and keep you guessing. And it's all Green Day. They never change beyond recognition, but do it enough to keep things fresh. Billie Joe's also simply fantastic as a songwriter. No matter what guise they take from here on out I know it'll be good because his sense of melody is so sharp.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

Green Day - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 1:28 pm

Interesting...I hadn't heard a single positive word about the new album until I came here.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Green Day - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 1:41 pm

I don't like Dos at all.
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

Green Day - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 3:39 pm

The album is perfectly written from the head and crotch
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

Green Day - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 5:06 pm

There's a lot of hate on the new green day stuff. Even though they're one of my favorite bands, I have trouble with the green day fanbase because it seems like they're all either 13 year olds who don't seem to listen to much else, or jaded older fans who just complain about how the band sucks now. where is the middle ground??
Back to top Go down
prettyontheinsidex
A Contender
A Contender
prettyontheinsidex

Green Day - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 5:18 pm

Exactly. There is no middle ground. Even at their shows, there's like a generation gap. It's weird. It makes me mad because people ignore them simply because of the fan base they have now with the younger generation that discovered them after American idiot or 21st century break down and a lot of people hated on American idiot being as big as it was with the play ad everything. I live American idiot and what it stood for at the time. My first green day show was 3 days before Election Day 2004 and it was epic to say the least. And the play I originally thought was kind of dumb until I decided to go see it when Billie joe stepped in to play st. Jimmy. I really enjoyed it, it wa incredibly inspiring an reminded me why I loved that record and this band. I try to ignore what everyone else says and thinks and the other fans. They at least have the sense to listen to something meaningful at least.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Green Day - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Green Day
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next