DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Green Day

Go down 
+36
Thunder Peel
Anya_TGA
steady now steady now
TheContender
Paddy
brucesboots
JimmyB
TGAFAN25
Van Der Twix
bringiton_ty
jzancan
Zapuda
White Man In Hammersmith
OllieC
onbackstreetsinbackseats
prettyontheinsidex
Jack
Klown
Ghost
A_Regular
TGAforLIFE
thomas94
simo
Velocity
Shrewsbury_Stars
jeffrey2
Bea
ThisMachineKillsFascists
nebraska
Harbortown
Daire
Debonair
NeverTrustAJunkie
DeathoftheCool
Phil Rockabill
waltzingseñora
40 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
waltzingseñora
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
waltzingseñora

Green Day Empty
PostSubject: Green Day   Green Day Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 11:21 am

I conducted a search so I don't think there's another Green Day topic. The search results made me go like "Ouch..." though, I think that most of you don't really appreciate them. But they're a good band, one of the bands that have influenced me a lot, so if anyone likes Green Day or some of their songs, here's the topic for you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Phil Rockabill
A Contender
A Contender
Phil Rockabill

Green Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 6:46 pm

I like their early stuff. Dookie was a major hit when it came out. I was in high school at that time and pretty much every one was listening to them. Every skateboarders was into them...and The Offspring.

Back to top Go down

Green Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 11:21 pm

They were my favorite band in 4th grade, but I don't listen to them much anymore. That song 21 Guns was sooo dissapointing... and terrible.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

Green Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 3:29 am

I like green day Laughing
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Green Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 4:26 am

Have loved them since Dookie came out. Only thing about them bugs me about them is their rising concert ticket prices Sad
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Green Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 4:52 am

Earlier stuff, yes, American idiot and on they just started going down hill. I grew up listening to them, I wish they didn't change so much. I remember listening to them before anyone my age did. I have much older brothers, so thats how I knew about them when i was like 5. It pissed me off though when kids started to listen to them during their American idiot break out, and they didnt care about/didn't like their previous stuff.

I always felt like they just sold out, not that I blame them, they got offered a ton of money. But the moment I saw the playing for nickolodean,, I kinda lost alot of respect for them. By doing that, To me, they became no different then what Justin beiber, or artist like that, are to kids now days.
Back to top Go down
Phil Rockabill
A Contender
A Contender
Phil Rockabill

Green Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 12:15 pm

They even have a stylist now. A freakin' stylist! affraid
Back to top Go down
Phil Rockabill
A Contender
A Contender
Phil Rockabill

Green Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 12:20 pm

Two good songs before Dookie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4f_VeZ0Wqw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTWS0sMrxw8&feature=related
Back to top Go down
waltzingseñora
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
waltzingseñora

Green Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 4:37 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Have loved them since Dookie came out. Only thing about them bugs me about them is their rising concert ticket prices Sad

That is indeed very bad, it costs a fortune to go and see them which has always annoyed me a bit, even though I'm a fan.
Back to top Go down
waltzingseñora
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
waltzingseñora

Green Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 4:39 pm

Debonair wrote:
By doing that, To me, they became no different then what Justin beiber, or artist like that, are to kids now days.

Comparison with Justin Bieber, that is a little bit unfair pale
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Green Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 4:45 pm

waltzingseñora wrote:
Debonair wrote:
By doing that, To me, they became no different then what Justin beiber, or artist like that, are to kids now days.

Comparison with Justin Bieber, that is a little bit unfair pale

I'm not saying style wise or what ever. I'm saying they became, like those teenage kid idol bands like bieber,unfortunately I'm not fimiliar with artist like that, so he's they only one I can think of. I think Hannah Montana is another one of those?
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

Green Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 4:56 pm

I was never huge into them, but I saw them play Wembley Stadium about 18 months ago. It was a phenomanal show. Anyone who says they didn't enjoy it is a liar.

21 Guns was amazing live, Minority in a packed stadium was a bit trite.
Back to top Go down
waltzingseñora
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
waltzingseñora

Green Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 3:05 pm

Debonair wrote:

I'm not saying style wise or what ever. I'm saying they became, like those teenage kid idol bands like bieber,unfortunately I'm not fimiliar with artist like that, so he's they only one I can think of. I think Hannah Montana is another one of those?

To be honest I hate certain screaming teenage girls that are always in the front rows, they're destroying the band's public image. And I don't like it when I hear fans (it's always women...) talk about how "handsome Billie Joe is", this just makes me sick! After all do they even care about the music or just the appearance? For crying out loud... I've never heard a boy listen to a band just because the lead singer is pretty scratch
Back to top Go down
Phil Rockabill
A Contender
A Contender
Phil Rockabill

Green Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 5:20 pm

I'm wondering if all the 18-22 years old are considering Green day as the "old school punk rock band" as i considered the Ramones as the true punk band? Since a lot of you were very young when let say Dookie came out, and a lot of other punk bands from the 90's too. How do you see them, as a band? Pioneers?

Back to top Go down
Phil Rockabill
A Contender
A Contender
Phil Rockabill

Green Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 5:22 pm

waltzingseñora wrote:
For crying out loud... I've never heard a boy listen to a band just because the lead singer is pretty scratch

No. But we like certain actress because they look hot. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Green Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 7:47 pm

I love Green Day. American Idiot is a phenomenal record, but they should have relaxed on the progression level after it, 21st Century Breakdown is just way too experimental and pretentious.
Back to top Go down
Phil Rockabill
A Contender
A Contender
Phil Rockabill

Green Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 7:50 pm

Harbortown wrote:
I love Green Day. American Idiot is a phenomenal record, but they should have relaxed on the progression level after it, 21st Century Breakdown is just way too experimental and pretentious.

I agree.
Back to top Go down
nebraska
A Contender
A Contender
nebraska

Green Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 9:14 pm

Phil Rockabill wrote:
I'm wondering if all the 18-22 years old are considering Green day as the "old school punk rock band" as i considered the Ramones as the true punk band? Since a lot of you were very young when let say Dookie came out, and a lot of other punk bands from the 90's too. How do you see them, as a band? Pioneers?

nothing more than a good band Smile
Back to top Go down
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

Green Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 11:48 am

Phil Rockabill wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

I agree.

Me too. That doesn't change that they're a fucking power machine live though.
Back to top Go down

Green Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 12:14 pm

Why all this hate for Green Day? Not that big fan but Ive always kinda thinked that they are the band that goes and does things their own way. I think both American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown got good songs...maybe not as good as old stuff, but comparing them to Justin Bieber?! Come fucking on! I dont get the sold out thing. Why they did sold out after AI, but not that after Dookie. That was very big thing in 1994. Im kinda bummed cause I didnt listen them that much then (and I was 7). My friend listened them and Offspring, but somehow I just listened Offspring. And Green Day wasnt that popular in after Insomniac to before American Idiot. But they just kept going, making records, making tours and then suddenly someone comes and offers them big bucks and then they make poppyshit album or whatever? Did I missunderstand something? Well, whatever, nevermind.
Okay their liveshows are kinda ridicilous these days and so is Foo Fighters. I also dont get that when you become a stadion act you have jam with every fucking, just because you can play lesser songs? And "say HOOOOOO-O-OOO". That maybe worked with Freddie Mercury, but this is supposed to be punk rock?
Hmm...at first I tried to defend Green Day, but then I become judging their shitty 'mega-trying-to-be-Queen-live-shows' (but who wouldnt want to be as good live band as Queen? or be Queen?). Whats wrong with me? Or you? Or everybody? Everybody! (needs somebody to love)
Well, I'll say this: They still are a good band and as long as band like them get played on radio/tv the world is good place to live...
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

Green Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 12:59 pm

^ dude... you've gotta chill. go see The Art of Flight or something. cause after reading that, i don't even know if you like green day or not scratch

and yeah, i agree with what Harbortown said. im not a huge fan of them but i like some songs, mostly from their American Idiot era since that album came out around the time I was getting into punk rock.
Back to top Go down

Green Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 1:31 pm

Art Of Light? Chilling is not made for me. But I know what you mean. I noticed that when I was writing that thing, but basically I like Green Day and tried to sum it up in that that last sentence. And basically I just critizised what their live shows have become these days.
Back to top Go down
Phil Rockabill
A Contender
A Contender
Phil Rockabill

Green Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 6:01 pm

Sami wrote:
Why all this hate for Green Day? Not that big fan but Ive always kinda thinked that they are the band that goes and does things their own way. I think both American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown got good songs...maybe not as good as old stuff, but comparing them to Justin Bieber?! Come fucking on! I dont get the sold out thing. Why they did sold out after AI, but not that after Dookie. That was very big thing in 1994. Im kinda bummed cause I didnt listen them that much then (and I was 7). My friend listened them and Offspring, but somehow I just listened Offspring. And Green Day wasnt that popular in after Insomniac to before American Idiot. But they just kept going, making records, making tours and then suddenly someone comes and offers them big bucks and then they make poppyshit album or whatever? Did I missunderstand something? Well, whatever, nevermind.
Okay their liveshows are kinda ridicilous these days and so is Foo Fighters. I also dont get that when you become a stadion act you have jam with every fucking, just because you can play lesser songs? And "say HOOOOOO-O-OOO". That maybe worked with Freddie Mercury, but this is supposed to be punk rock?
Hmm...at first I tried to defend Green Day, but then I become judging their shitty 'mega-trying-to-be-Queen-live-shows' (but who wouldnt want to be as good live band as Queen? or be Queen?). Whats wrong with me? Or you? Or everybody? Everybody! (needs somebody to love)
Well, I'll say this: They still are a good band and as long as band like them get played on radio/tv the world is good place to live...

I'm exhausted !!! Laughing

p-s: Can we really say "Come fucking on" ?? What a Face
Back to top Go down
waltzingseñora
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
waltzingseñora

Green Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 6:27 pm

Harbortown wrote:

I have to agree. When I first heard American Idiot, it was not like their older records but I was blown away. With 21st Century Breakdown, I enjoyed the artwork more than the music Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
waltzingseñora
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
waltzingseñora

Green Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 6:32 pm

Sami wrote:

I love you Razz I don't care if many people listen to them as long as their keep their music good (and to be honest I didn't quite enjoy 21st Centur Breakdown as much as I loved American Idiot and their previous records) Hmm, thinking their live shows are ridiculous is a good point of view lol! They're crazy and very powerful for sure though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Green Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Green Day
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next