DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If Gaslight Were to Re-record one of their Old Songs for their new Album?

Go down 
+16
The Angry Johnny Revue
Matilda Noir
AlrightToDrive
jzancan
BuddyHolly
Jerseyrain
StopAndSlideToTheRight
Prisoner
Harbortown
simo
IrishNameAndAnInjury
nebraska
Christophe
Holland
JimmyB
Shrewsbury_Stars
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

If Gaslight Were to Re-record one of their Old Songs for their new Album? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If Gaslight Were to Re-record one of their Old Songs for their new Album?   If Gaslight Were to Re-record one of their Old Songs for their new Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 9:53 am

I'm not hardline against them recording an old song again, but I just think we should get 12 new songs for our money's worth.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

If Gaslight Were to Re-record one of their Old Songs for their new Album? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If Gaslight Were to Re-record one of their Old Songs for their new Album?   If Gaslight Were to Re-record one of their Old Songs for their new Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 4:19 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
I don't think We came to dance would be a hit at all and I can't see why you guys think it would be.

I love a lot of Gaslight songs but I don't think most of them would make hits.

Where is your faith in TGA, Harbortown? I think with the right exposure, lots of their previous songs could be hits, including We Came to Dance. It's a great song!
I have faith in them expanding their audience but I'm just being rational. When was the last time you heard a hit punk song? American Idiot by Green Day? Far poppier than anything on SoS and that was 7 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: If Gaslight Were to Re-record one of their Old Songs for their new Album?   If Gaslight Were to Re-record one of their Old Songs for their new Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 5:06 pm

I don't know, gaslight doesn't seem like a Band that would go back and rerecord something from their past. The impression I've gotten from interviews, lyrics, and other similar sources, is gaslight is always about where their going - NOT, what they've done. Im not saying they dont like or appriciate their past, just that their always looking for the next big achievement. So I think/feel re-recording would go against what their about.

Now as a major fan of sink or swim, I would hate for them to re-record something. Everything on that (or any) album just felt great. And I think having a new version recording would ruin the connection that I have with those songs.

Ive had similar experiences before. Like years ago when less than Jake rerecorded "look what happened" from "borders and boundaries" on "anthem". Not to say it wasn't nice or fun to hear a different version. But that connection you get from album to album to songs, kinda ruined it for me.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: If Gaslight Were to Re-record one of their Old Songs for their new Album?   If Gaslight Were to Re-record one of their Old Songs for their new Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 5:13 pm

Wooderson should be re-recorded though.

The chord progression in the verse is A - E - Fm - D, but Levine plays A - A - E - D. It's so retarded and it grinds my gears every time I hear it. Gosh darn it, Alex.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: If Gaslight Were to Re-record one of their Old Songs for their new Album?   If Gaslight Were to Re-record one of their Old Songs for their new Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:03 pm

The Angry Johnny Revue wrote:
Anyone else think We Came to Dance would be quite the hit?

If I got it my way Fallon would re-record Cincinnati Rail Tie stuff, I reckon Look on the bright side would be a huge hit.

Cincinnatti Rail tie stuff was AWESOME. He'll never re-recrd it though
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: If Gaslight Were to Re-record one of their Old Songs for their new Album?   If Gaslight Were to Re-record one of their Old Songs for their new Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:25 pm

If i had to choose any song from Fallon's back catalogue, it would be Surrogate McKenzie - Still Sixteen, as much as I love the roughness of the original, I think a better recording would be awesome
Back to top Go down
nebraska
A Contender
A Contender
nebraska

PostSubject: Re: If Gaslight Were to Re-record one of their Old Songs for their new Album?   If Gaslight Were to Re-record one of their Old Songs for their new Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 9:16 pm

Gaslight23 wrote:
If i had to choose any song from Fallon's back catalogue, it would be Surrogate McKenzie - Still Sixteen, as much as I love the roughness of the original, I think a better recording would be awesome

oooh yeaaaah! I love that song, it would be nice!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If Gaslight Were to Re-record one of their Old Songs for their new Album?   If Gaslight Were to Re-record one of their Old Songs for their new Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If Gaslight Were to Re-record one of their Old Songs for their new Album?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2