DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'

Go down 
+33
Rizz
Andy_
NeverTrustAJunkie
Jack
chickenman
redheadchick
brucesboots
Jerseyrain
lostintheflood
eagles1139
CluckyB
CapedAvenger
OldManShoes3
bringiton_ty
zerb012345
Xanthias
The Last Jukebox Romeo
matkins
NYYFAN523
azlisa
JimmyB
jzancan
onbackstreetsinbackseats
njguy99
Shrewsbury_Stars
Holland
Labhras
Steve70s
bringiton
enola
DeathoftheCool
StitchesOnTheRadio
Debonair
37 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' Empty
PostSubject: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 3:49 am

Announced on Brian's twitter:

http://brianfallon.net/

Quote :
I’m working on a lot of things, it’s been a while, I apologize. I’ve had some really amazing things happen and some really terrible things in the last couple months. I’m definitely on a new page, and I have to start there. So, I’m going to make a record by myself, hopefully sometime this year. I’ve just started to work on these songs now, as well as new Gaslight Anthem songs for our next record.

I’ve learned there’s too much to be done and not a lot of time to do it in. Things can change overnight. So I’m going to do my best to get as much music out there as I can while I’m young enough and fortunate enough to have people listening.

There’s no termoil or anything with Gaslight, we’re going to be writing too, but I’m sure we’re gonna need a breather after this year of touring before we go in to make our next record. So since I can’t sit still, I’m gonna make another record. It’s what happens when you don’t do drugs, you end up with a lot of down time. So I fill that time with songs now.

Here’s to looking forward to what comes out.

See you guys soon.
I don’t love pictures…

Brian

I'm excited for what's to come! And Brian said he wouldn't do a solo album Wink glad he changed his mind Very Happy hope he uses this site as a new cassettes in the mailbox too.

Last edited by Debonair on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 4:03 am

I'm so excited for this! I never thought the day would come where he'd decide to do a solo album. I hope he sticks with this blog. He seems to forget/lose interest in internet stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 4:13 am

Oh man, this is awesome! Brian's almost constantly giving us new music lately and I'm loving every second of it.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 4:33 am

Awesome and terrible things? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 4:50 am

DeathoftheCool wrote:

While I would be great to have a better understanding on aspects of his life its important to keep things in perspective. It's his personal life and issues, both good and bad, and it should come from him (or band/involved members).

Other wise you start looking like a creepy stalker and we don't want another Brian's photo taken fixing his front door incident now do we Wink He felt pretty intruded upon his personal space with that.

I mean there's a reason he's being vague - prob wants some privacy.

Also this falls into that other topic awhile back about what gets said after shows/back stage. Sometimes they might just be speaking off the cuff and you shouldn't be telling everyone.

-Just some friendly reminder post/in sight.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 4:55 am

Debonair wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:

While I would be great to have a better understanding on aspects of his life its important to keep things in perspective. It's his personal life and issues, both good and bad, and it should come from him (or band/involved members)

Other wise you start looking like a creepy stalker and we don't want another Brian's photo taken fixing his front door incident now do we Wink He felt pretty intruded upon his personal space with that.

Also this falls into that other topic awhile back about what gets said after shows/back stage. Sometimes they might just be speaking off the cuff and you shouldn't be telling everyone.

sounds good. next time ill just pretend brian didn't post that on the internet for people to read
scratch
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 5:08 am

DeathoftheCool wrote:
Debonair wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:

While I would be great to have a better understanding on aspects of his life its important to keep things in perspective. It's his personal life and issues, both good and bad, and it should come from him (or band/involved members)

sounds good. next time ill just pretend brian didn't post that on the internet for people to read
scratch

Lol I take it as like "hey sorry things have been quiet, I've had things to attend to"

prob was a bad way to word it in his post because it makes people go "OMG WHATS HE TALKING ABOUT!" lol

he'll prob speak more about it in interviews or other avenues (maybe another post even) in time if he feels like it. He usually talks about stuff within time on his own.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 5:10 am

Debonair wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:
Debonair wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:

scratch

Lol I take it as like "hey sorry things have been quiet, I've had things to attend to"

prob was a bad way to word it in his post because it makes people go "OMG WHATS HE TALKING ABOUT!" lol

he'll prob speak more about it in interviews or other avenues (maybe another post even) in time if he feels like it. He usually talks about stuff within time on his own.

yeah. i understand where your coming from. regardless, it'll probably make for a good album
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 5:29 am

Debonair wrote:
I mean there's a reason he's being vague - prob wants some privacy.

I think the only reason why he actually mentioned might be to explain why he didn't post for some time and why he wants to do a solo record. Does that make any sense.

Anyway I hope he's OK and I'm definitely looking forward to this album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 5:30 am

DeathoftheCool wrote:
Debonair wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:
Debonair wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:

scratch

yeah. i understand where your coming from. regardless, it'll probably make for a good album

You're right that his wording would invite that "omg" reaction from people. But I've always liked that he doesn't often give very stale statements like "I was busy" that most people in the spotlight do. He's able to maintain his privacy but also be real. I respect that.

But I do agree, I bet it will lead to quite an interesting album!
Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 5:48 am

Hope the guy's ok. Think they all deserve a bit of a break really.

Can't wait for a solo album!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 9:10 am

Debonair wrote:
And Brian said he wouldn't do a solo album Wink glad he changed his mind Very Happy hope he uses this site as a new cassettes in the mailbox too.

Haha. Well I guess we all know that this isnt the first, second or even third time when he eats his words Smile. So another great year for us fans. Another year of Gaslight shows all over the world (or at least US, Europe, Australia. wonder when they go to South America etc.), Horrible Crows record and a tour. This solo album at the start of next year? I raise my hat for hundred time to this guy!
Also I wonder (I wonder about lot of things these days I guess) is this solo album coming through Mercury or what? SideOneDummy? If your band is on a some label can you automatically release your solo record with same label or what? No idea how these things works...
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 9:31 am

This could well be a watershed moment for TGA.
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 9:42 am

Steve70s wrote:
This could well be a watershed moment for TGA.
what does that mean?
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 9:48 am

From all the releases of Misery, Hold You Up and Brian solo acoustic versions I had a feeling a solo album was on the cards.
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 9:50 am

I mean a new era. The pace of touring and recording has been non-stop pretty much - I expect that to slow down.

So a different way forward with more time between records and tours which happens to most bands.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 10:11 am

I don't know if doing a "record by myself" means Horrible Crowes or just Brian. I would think it's the latter but if you think about it, Elsie was a Brian Fallon solo record whether we call it that or not.
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 10:21 am

I read somewhere the other week that Bottomfeeder is waking from its slumber too.

I know what you mean about THC being Brian solo to all intents and purposes.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 10:33 am

Very interesting. You know the guys have wives/steady girlfriends now, homes, other side projects. Of course they're not going to want to keep up the crazy touring pace they've been doing. It's exhausting, especially if your heart is someplace else.

Plus, taking some time off to do your own thing breeds creativity. If all you do is spend days on end on the bus with each other you'll eventually run out of things to talk about. Everyone needs some time apart.

(And just because it's a solo record doesn't mean the guys won't play on it, of course...)

ps: that's a great pic of brian

Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' Tumblr_mh65b3pDuB1ridk4ro1_500
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 10:46 am

No media outlets seem to have picked up on this yet?
Back to top Go down
onbackstreetsinbackseats
A Contender
A Contender
onbackstreetsinbackseats

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 3:13 pm

I'm still waiting on the Fallon/Ragan record.
Back to top Go down
jzancan
A Contender
A Contender
jzancan

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 5:25 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
I don't know if doing a "record by myself" means Horrible Crowes or just Brian. I would think it's the latter but if you think about it, Elsie was a Brian Fallon solo record whether we call it that or not.

I don't see how that's accurate at all. Brian explicitly said they wrote the songs together. I recall from an interview, he would do chords structures and most lyrics (for the most part) and Ian would write bass lines, etc. and they pieced together the extra stuff. By that thought process, Elsie is just as much of a Brian Fallon solo album as The '59 Sound is.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/users/jzancan
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 6:10 pm

jzancan wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

I don't see how that's accurate at all. Brian explicitly said they wrote the songs together. I recall from an interview, he would do chords structures and most lyrics (for the most part) and Ian would write bass lines, etc. and they pieced together the extra stuff. By that thought process, Elsie is just as much of a Brian Fallon solo album as The '59 Sound is.

That's cool. We can agree to disagree. I frankly don't see Ian's input as moving Elsie outside the realm of a Brian solo record. I think Ian's creative contribution to the record was probably no more significant than Ted Hutt's (probably less significant actually). I certainly don't think Ted Hutt's collaboration disqualifies Elsie from being a solo record. I think we probably just have different ideas about what makes something a solo record.

Mick Jagger's and Keith Richards' respective records outside the Stones are considered to be solo records notwithstanding the fact that each collaborated with other musicians. That's the way I look at it.

In other words, by "solo record," I mean a record that's not a Gaslight record nor a record by a different "band" fronted by Brian Fallon.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 6:22 pm

I hope everything is okay in his life. Sending him well wishes in whatever is bothering him.
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 7:51 pm

so excited for all of it!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next