DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th

Go down 
+12
Jerseyrain
luckyman
Bea
thealarmist
plugga
riversedge
simo
enola
Down by the Mersey
poormrpitiful
Holland
40 Miler
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
40 Miler
A Contender
A Contender

Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th  Empty
PostSubject: Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th    Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 8:20 pm

Wow. Better than last night!

What i remember:

Everyone:

Nomad By Fate
Me and Denver
Great Expectations
Prague (Revive Me)
------------
Dave Hause:

Time Will Tell
Melanin
Living Will
C'mon Kid w/Dan
Pray For Tucson
Coma Girl w/Dan
Jane
Pretty Good Year w/Chuck
--------------
Chuck Ragan:

Worry (Northcote cover) w/Dave
It's What You Will
Rotterdam
Nothing Left To Prove
You Get What You Give
Steven Patrick w/Helen Chambers
For Broken Ears w/Dave
Coal Tattoo
Meet You In The Middle w/Brian
The Boat
--------------
Dan Andriano:

Hurricane Season w/Joe and Jon
Hollow Sounds
Blue Carolina
It's Gonna Rain All Day w/Joe and Jon
Dear Candy w/Dave and Joe
Emma w/Dave
Crawl w/Brian
Enjoy Your Day
--------------
Brian Fallon:

Goodnight Irene w/Chuck, Joe and Jon
No Weather w/Chuck, Joe and Jon
Lady Killer w/Ian
Behold The Hurricane w/Ian
Cherry Blossoms w/Ian
Black Betty and The Moon w/Ian
Senor & The Queen
The Navesink Banks
Blue Jeans
American Slang w/Everyone
--------------
Everyone:

On The Bow w/Brian this time
Resolutions
Let Me In
Cali Burritos
59 Sound
Revival Road
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th    Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 8:48 pm

Yep just got back and i will try and get across what it meant . Tonight i saw four of my heroes share the stage play their own songs and each others songs and show a generally awesome level of camaraderie and huge respect for each others songs. I wish i could say that somebody from England has inspired me like these four guys but that would be a lie. I didn't for one second feel like what was occurring was contrived or even rockstar like in anyway , just four guys playing the music they love. I can't begin to remember the setlist as it was pretty much a 3 hour long set i think. The guys all came out at the start after a small violin/double bas intro and i didn't know where to place my eyes as there was so much excitement and energy.

Dave Hause then played what i thought was a great underdog set , being probably the least known of the guys he won the crowd over , especially when telling an idiot who kept shouting 'chuck chuck chuck' to go and wait by the bar if he was bored. He played a couple of Loved Ones songs which was cool.

Chuck Ragan was awesome as usual backed by the flawless Jon Gaunt and Joe Ginsberg, Chucks voice never fails to amaze me and the highlight was probably when Mr Fallon joined him for Meet You in The Middle.

Dan Andriano was a surprisingly good guitarist for somebody who plays bass but you know he has been a musician for god knows how many years. He played some alkaline trio which included Crawl with Brian , Emma and Enjoy your day. To see Brian ,a modern influence, up there with Dan Andriano who i have been a fan of since i liked decent music was special.

Brian kicked off with Goodnight Irene but the highlight of the night came when he and Ian played Ladykiller everyone was silent and it seemed like everyone was in awe of what was happening. He also played Cherry Blossoms , Black Betty and the Moon and Behold the Hurricane and several Gaslight songs which thankfully included Blue Jeans and white t-shirts , he mentioned that the set would change every night.

The gang then re-assembled playing versions of Resolutions , American Slang , The 59 Sound and others , one awesome moment when they came back out was an almost gospel style a-cappella song in which Dave Hause's vocals were friggin top notch.

Superb , never a dull moment , another great night that was linked to Gaslight , these chaps are the best , i want a tattoo , goodnight.

Last edited by Holland on Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
poormrpitiful
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
poormrpitiful

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th    Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 8:52 pm

Im going to the dublin show on thursday night, what time did they come on stage at? and did they meet fans before or after the gig?
Back to top Go down
40 Miler
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th    Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 8:59 pm

Came on just after 8. If you go early or stick around outside for a while after you may run into them. It's pure luck.
Back to top Go down
Down by the Mersey
Wooderson
Wooderson
Down by the Mersey

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th    Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:24 pm

I can only echo what Holland has said. The show was awesome. Well over 3 hours of non stop music. You could have heard a pin drop when Brian and Ian played the HC songs. Irony is it seems as if Holland and I wee stood almost next to each other for most of the show! Maybe next time we will even say "hello"!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/bosshugo
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th    Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 1:36 am

Thanks so much for sharing, Holland! It sounds so awesome and if they stick to switching the setlist at every date I might be lucky enough to see all THC songs live. Also I would love to hear an acoustic version of 1930.

I never thought I could get more excited than I've already been about Revival but now it feels likevI'm exploding from the inside because I need to wait one more week until Vienna!

One more question: did you queue before the show and if yes when did the first people arrive?

Oh, and did you meet the guys after he show?
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th    Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 2:17 am

I wish I had the means to fly to England to see this. I'm hoping a lot of high quality videos will surface throughout the tour...
Back to top Go down
Down by the Mersey
Wooderson
Wooderson
Down by the Mersey

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th    Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 4:03 am

Not everyone was aware of the the fact the all the players come on stage at the beginning so getting to the front was quite easy yesterday. Given work in the day, I only arrived in time for the 7.30 opening and was able to get to about 4 rows from the front. Not sure how long the others had been there but there was a queue to get in outside the venue of a couple of hundred people.

Security were a pain yesterday trying to move us all out of the building after he gig but Dave, Chuck and Joe cam out to the merch stand. In fact Dave was selling stuff from the stand in the end in make sure we all got what we wanted. There was a crowd outside the backdoor but I headed home for a well earned sleep! Onto Newcastle for me on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/bosshugo
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th    Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 4:45 am

It thrills me how much the set can change, anticipation for the weekend!
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th    Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 5:19 am

enola wrote:

One more question: did you queue before the show and if yes when did the first people arrive?

Oh, and did you meet the guys after he show?

Yes we queued but only for 30 mins from 7 , there were about 30-40 people in front so i imagine they had been there maybe since 6:30 ish.

For once i didn't get to meet the guys as we had to get a taxi straight to the train station to get the last train which we made by seconds so not much time to spare unfortunately but i was more than satisfied with the show itself.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th    Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 6:24 am

that is a flawless setlist, I will definitely be happy with anything they play.
Back to top Go down
thealarmist
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th    Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:24 am

Another day, another setlist, another increase in excitement!
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th    Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 9:21 am

i hope we get at least one decent recording of this tour *fingers crossed*
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th    Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 9:26 am

Honestly they should professionally film it, seems like between all the guys there could be a market for a DVD or something.
Back to top Go down
luckyman
A Contender
A Contender
luckyman

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th    Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 11:16 am

Awesome show,i didn't know one song of Dan or Dave's (except the excellent Joe Strummer's Coma Girl which Dave Hause sang) but i really enjoyed both sets.
We got there about 17.15 and i would say about 12 people in front of us.
Brian came out after the show about 12.30ish may be a bit later my daughter had to have a photo again with him!
Overall you don't get much for your money these days but that one of the best £15 i have ever spent.

Roll on Saturday just got tickets for Newcastle!

Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th    Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 12:10 pm

luckyman wrote:
Awesome show,i didn't know one song of Dan or Dave's (except the excellent Joe Strummer's Coma Girl which Dave Hause sang) but i really enjoyed both sets.
We got there about 17.15 and i would say about 12 people in front of us.
Brian came out after the show about 12.30ish may be a bit later my daughter had to have a photo again with him!
Overall you don't get much for your money these days but that one of the best £15 i have ever spent.

Roll on Saturday just got tickets for Newcastle!

see you in newcastle dude, there's a lot more people buying for it now
Back to top Go down
40 Miler
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th    Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 12:23 pm

Any high quality pictures yet? Lack of youtube videos is annoying
Back to top Go down
luckyman
A Contender
A Contender
luckyman

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th    Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 12:38 pm

[/quote]

see you in newcastle dude, there's a lot more people buying for it now[/quote]

Gonna be up there for dinner time have a few pints (Wife driving home) will be in the closest bar with the footy on.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th    Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 1:53 pm

luckyman wrote:

see you in newcastle dude, there's a lot more people buying for it now[/quote]

Gonna be up there for dinner time have a few pints (Wife driving home) will be in the closest bar with the footy on.[/quote]

sounds like a fine plan... my girlfriend goes to nothumbria uni (where the venue) and when i discovered a revival date was at the venue it felt perfect!
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th    Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 5:05 pm

It was a great show. It just looks so fun being up there every one close together, jamming away. It really was just regular guys having fun and being totally appreciative of the audience. I never expected them to play for so long. I was expecting myabe about 5 songs each on their own and maybe ten together but nearly three hours was money totally well spent.

Tried meeting the guys before the show but they were each practicing over a period of a few hours so I went at the end and managed to get autographs and photos taken. had a good chat with Brian and Dave and Dave said he was putting me on the guestlist for the Nottingham show.

As for the setlist the highlights for me were Meet you in the middle (theres such energy in that song and Brian is great in it), Ladykiller which was played to the silent audience (everyone was just in awe of the performance) and Senor and the Queen which is sneakily one of my favourite tracks.

Cant wait for the Nottingham show, lets hope Dave remembers to put me on the list!
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender
theBasemen

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th    Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 7:01 am

Some pictures of Brian right here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/onlyjay/6196159542/in/set-72157627782440272/
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Naked-Sweat-Drips/259797094
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th    Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 5:06 pm

Just found this awesome video of Ladykiller (even if there's a second voice in the audience Wink ) incl. a short banter of Brian about some American journalist

There are already lots of videos on youtube. I'm watching already for the past hours and I'm so excited I can't put it in words. But in a week from now I will be at the first show *sigh*
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th    Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 6:33 pm

enola wrote:
Just found this awesome video of Ladykiller (even if there's a second voice in the audience Wink ) incl. a short banter of Brian about some American journalist

There are already lots of videos on youtube. I'm watching already for the past hours and I'm so excited I can't put it in words. But in a week from now I will be at the first show *sigh*

Thanks for posting the video, Manuela. It was amazing! Makes me wish I was there even more. And I liked Brian's attitude about the big-mouth American journalist (I'm a big-mouth American too, but I'd never be so rude or stupid!). Smile
Back to top Go down
40 Miler
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th    Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 6:44 pm

American Slang from this show has finally be uploaded on youtube. Amazing version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I5NJE9cr8E
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th    Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 3:01 pm

Ive been slowly writing a blog post about the Manchester show for the past week or so and finally finished it tonight. It may not interest some of you but it is my own account of what I saw at the gig and my meeting of the band members after the show. Particular focus on some of the things Brian was saying to some of us fans and some of the questions I was asking him also. I wrote it more so that I have a written memory of the night to be honest but some of you may find it worth a read. Ive included some of my pics too.

On my blog I tend to focus more on different music that I like, quite often mentioning Gaslight and Brian Fallon and occasionally dipping into sport and the odd event in my personal life but if it interests you feel free to comment or follow. Thanks for reading...

http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/2011/10/revival-road-part-1.html
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th    Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Revival Tour - Manchester, Sept 28th
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next