DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog in

Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept. Empty
PostSubject: Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept.   Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 11:05 am

anyone else go? i had a great time. got one of dan adriano's guitar pics and a photo with chuck after the show!

one thing that struck me though was that brian seemed a bit grumpy. now it could just be me, but i thought when he came on during other people's set he didn't get as animated as usual and even during his own it took him a while to crack smile, but maybe i was just reading to much into things. he still gave a great performance anyway. seeing him live, especially in an acoustic show, really made me appreciate just how good his voice is.

was anyone else there? any pics? videos?
Back to top Go down
40 Miler
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept.   Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 12:19 pm

Set list?
Back to top Go down
40 Miler
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept.   Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 4:10 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O-P7HS-IWM

Cool video from Dublin with Brian talking about his dad and americans
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept.   Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 5:04 pm

Thought Brian was decent enough. As OP said, he actually has an amazing voice. Didn't like the Horrible Crowes stuff that much. American Slang was amazing though.

Dave Hause was a fucking highlight. He actualyl left the mic and came and sang right at me a few times, which made my night. Chuck was great as usual.

Dan Andriano sucked any atmosphere from the crowd, hoping for his sake it was a very poor setlist choice and not reflective of him as a whole.

ps there was an unreal amount of shitbags in the crowd.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept.   Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 6:53 pm

The whole gang performing The '59 Sound. Looks pretty good to me Smile

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept.   Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 8:05 pm

selist
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/chuck-ragan/2011/the-academy-dublin-ireland-3d00113.html

I don't like that The Horrible Crowes songs seem to vanish from the setlist. Totally don't like that.

Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept.   Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 6:31 am

enola wrote:
selist
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/chuck-ragan/2011/the-academy-dublin-ireland-3d00113.html

I don't like that The Horrible Crowes songs seem to vanish from the setlist. Totally don't like that.

mh, Brian's set is down to 8 from 10 in Bristol

http://www.gaslightanthem.org
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept.   Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 6:49 am

steady now steady now wrote:

mh, Brian's set is down to 8 from 10 in Bristol

seriously hope it goes back up again!

Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept.   Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 6:49 am

Goodnight, Irene

Great Expectations

Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept.   Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 7:07 am

enola wrote:
selist

brian didn't play senor and the queen, he played old white lincoln. much better choice IMO!
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept.   Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 12:47 pm

Man, how great is the Ladykiller version here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGlTunm3J10&feature=related I seriously get emotional from just listening to this
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept.   Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 1:45 pm

Ladykiller sounded awesome!!

If the tour doesn't end up coming to the USA, I will seriously mope. Neutral
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept.   Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 2:04 pm

I want to ask the same thing here. How long before doors did you have to be to be right at the front and how long after doors did they come on to the stage?
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept.   Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 2:42 pm

StopAndSlideToTheRight wrote:
I want to ask the same thing here. How long before doors did you have to be to be right at the front and how long after doors did they come on to the stage?
i showed up at 6.45, doors were at 7.30. i was in the second/third row in front of the stage, but i reckon if i hadn't of left my bag down in the cloak room before going to the stage i might have made it to the very front.
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept.   Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 2:52 pm

Labhras wrote:
i showed up at 6.45, doors were at 7.30. i was in the second/third row in front of the stage, but i reckon if i hadn't of left my bag down in the cloak room before going to the stage i might have made it to the very front.

Thanks man. What time did the concert actually start at?
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept.   Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 3:02 pm

Staylucky43 wrote:

he does seem in a weird mood here. if i didn't know better i would think he was drunk haha.

what is brian singing pre-bridge of great expectations? is that from a different song or are those new original lyrics?
Back to top Go down
poormrpitiful
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
poormrpitiful

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept.   Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 4:38 pm

acousticbandit wrote:
Staylucky43 wrote:

he does seem in a weird mood here. if i didn't know better i would think he was drunk haha.

what is brian singing pre-bridge of great expectations? is that from a different song or are those new original lyrics?

The lyrics that brian put into great expectations were from Alkaline Trio - Warbrain
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept.   Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 4:49 pm

Labhras wrote:

Thanks man. What time did the concert actually start at?
i think it was around 20/quatre to eight.
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept.   Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 4:56 pm

Daire wrote:
Thought Brian was decent enough. As OP said, he actually has an amazing voice. Didn't like the Horrible Crowes stuff that much. American Slang was amazing though.

Dave Hause was a fucking highlight. He actualyl left the mic and came and sang right at me a few times, which made my night. Chuck was great as usual.

Dan Andriano sucked any atmosphere from the crowd, hoping for his sake it was a very poor setlist choice and not reflective of him as a whole.

i thought the crowd were alright, although during california burritos two girls pushed there way through and stood right in front of me and wouldn't stop talking.

your right about dave though. he looked like he had something to prove and he really brought it. as for dan, i noticed that the crowd were pretty subdued during his songs alright but in between i was surprised with the big cheers he got from the crowd, especially when he started his set. i guess there were a fair few alkaline trio fans there.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept.   Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 5:45 pm

No Weather / Brian Fallon

Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept.   Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 6:25 pm

Daire wrote:

You must have been standing next to us mate , our friend Margeret was the girl who twanged Daves guitar.
Back to top Go down
moles92
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept.   Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 8:01 pm

I was at the show. Was standing at the railings near the back. There was a large amount of people who seemed more interested in getting wasted than the music.
However from a performance point of few, i dont think it could have gone better.
I was glad to hear people "ssh-ing" during the Horrible Crowes songs.
I was lucky enough to meet Dave, Chuck, and Brian after. Each one was as down to earth as they seem on stage.
Wont forget that night.
Back to top Go down
Henriflame
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept.   Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 8:23 pm

I really enjoyed the gig, there were a couple of rowdy dumbfucks infront of me only concerned w/ drinking D:

Was a couple of people back from the front of the stage beside Dan.

That said this show exceeded my expectations by so much. Have been a fan of everyone on that stage for years and I couldn't stop grinning seeing them all there.

Also blue jeans and white tshirts... was so happy that was played lol

Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept.   Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 8:32 pm

moles92 wrote:
I was at the show. Was standing at the railings near the back. There was a large amount of people who seemed more interested in getting wasted than the music.
However from a performance point of few, i dont think it could have gone better.
I was glad to hear people "ssh-ing" during the Horrible Crowes songs.
I was lucky enough to meet Dave, Chuck, and Brian after. Each one was as down to earth as they seem on stage.
Wont forget that night.
when did brian and dave come out? i stayed back for a while after, but the last bus home was at 11.30 so i had to run off before then. still got my picture with chuck though! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Henriflame
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept.   Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 8:48 pm

Ian perkins was moseying about outside after the show, really cool dude :O
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept.   Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Revival Tour Dublin, 29 Sept.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Side Projects & Earlier Bands :: Revival Tour 2011-
Jump to: