DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Revival Tour Newcastle

Go down 
+6
riversedge
IAmDisappeared
luckyman
Holland
Down by the Mersey
f1schu111
10 posters
AuthorMessage
f1schu111
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Revival Tour Newcastle  Empty
PostSubject: Revival Tour Newcastle    Revival Tour Newcastle  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 4:44 pm

Any one got the setlist. was amazing gig really enjoyed n well worth the wait. Brian was on form as usual with his jokes and storytelling n dave hause was a real surprise really great singer
Back to top Go down
f1schu111
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Newcastle    Revival Tour Newcastle  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 5:25 pm

Revival Tour Newcastle  Dsc03512
Revival Tour Newcastle  Dsc03513
Back to top Go down
Down by the Mersey
Wooderson
Wooderson
Down by the Mersey

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Newcastle    Revival Tour Newcastle  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 5:33 pm

Had a great time again last night. Got some pictures that I will post later. Dave Hause has been storming this tour so far and it is great to see. He ended up in the crowd during the encore playing the Tambourine which was well funny. Almost as funny as me getting the chance to play the tambourine with him for a few seconds ha ha
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/bosshugo
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Newcastle    Revival Tour Newcastle  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 5:56 pm

Oh man one of these shows isn't enough , i wish i could drive i would be at more shows then.
Back to top Go down
f1schu111
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Newcastle    Revival Tour Newcastle  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 6:01 pm

was funny when dave was in the crowd the guys didn't even notice for ages and then brian looking over to see were he was only to look directly infront of him n there he was hahaha. n then brian taking a picture
Back to top Go down
luckyman
A Contender
A Contender
luckyman

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Newcastle    Revival Tour Newcastle  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 6:17 pm

f1schu111 wrote:
Any one got the setlist. was amazing gig really enjoyed n well worth the wait. Brian was on form as usual with his jokes and storytelling n dave hause was a real surprise really great singer

My daughter has got a setlist wii get her to post it tomorrow.

Enjoyed the show got to agree about Dave Hause didn't know a song by him last week but now really like is music and seems a great guy.

Gotta to say though the Manchester show will take some beating.
Back to top Go down
IAmDisappeared
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
IAmDisappeared

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Newcastle    Revival Tour Newcastle  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 6:23 pm

Thoroughly brilliant show.

I'm a big fan of Dave and The Loved Ones so his brilliance didn't surprise me. It looked like he wanted to play all night.

Brian was on top form, with some wonderful stories. It seemed like 90% of people were there just for him, he certainly has a lot of female fans.

The only disappointment was Dan's set. It was a bit dull, but then again I'm not as familiar with his stuff.

...I almost forgot, we got a Mats song from Dave Cool
Back to top Go down
f1schu111
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Newcastle    Revival Tour Newcastle  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 6:38 pm

luckyman wrote:
f1schu111 wrote:

My daughter has got a setlist wii get her to post it tomorrow.

Enjoyed the show got to agree about Dave Hause didn't know a song by him last week but now really like is music and seems a great guy.

Gotta to say though the Manchester show will take some beating.

thanks for getting the setlist i like to copy them n put them in a folder with the ticket.wish i got tickets for the manchester show now .
Back to top Go down
Down by the Mersey
Wooderson
Wooderson
Down by the Mersey

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Newcastle    Revival Tour Newcastle  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 4:03 am

Holland wrote:
Oh man one of these shows isn't enough , i wish i could drive i would be at more shows then.

There are a few Wigan based fans on here (jerseyrain and Luckyman) so the next tour may be an opportunity to get multiple shows in?
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/bosshugo
luckyman
A Contender
A Contender
luckyman

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Newcastle    Revival Tour Newcastle  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 10:57 am

Down by the Mersey wrote:
Holland wrote:

There are a few Wigan based fans on here (jerseyrain and Luckyman) so the next tour may be an opportunity to get multiple shows in?

Anyone ever wants a lift from Wigan its no problem only three of us so always got a couple of spaces.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Newcastle    Revival Tour Newcastle  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 11:41 am

Absoloutley loved this gig, went to this on saturday with my girlfriend and nottingham last night with my pal, but this gig was definitely superior, was so easy to meet brian after!
Back to top Go down
janiejones
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
janiejones

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Newcastle    Revival Tour Newcastle  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 12:08 pm

f1schu111 wrote:

Here's the setlist my Dad (luckyman) was talking about-

OPENING SET
(Jon and Joe intro)
Nomad By Fate
Me and Denver
Great Expectations
Prague

HAUSE
Time Will Tell (joe jon chuck)
cant hardly wait (Daniel?)
Jane
C'Mon Kid - DAN, joe
Pretty Good Year (Chuck)
Resolutions (all)
Worry (Chuck, Joe, Jon)

CHUCK
Nothing Left To Prove
Valentine
Done and done
For Broken Ears (dave)
Hapiness
Irish Washer Woman
Wish on the moon
Meet you in the middle - BRIAN
The Boat

DAN
Hurricane Season (Joe, Jon, Chuck)
Hollow Sounds
Blue Carolina
It's Gonna Rain (JON, JOE)
This Light
Emma (Dave)
Crawl (Brian)
Oil Can
Let me in (everyone)

BRIAN
Ladykiller
Crush
Cherry blossom
Black betty
Lincoln
Senor
Stay Lucky
Blue Jeans
American Slang EVERYONE

ENDING SET
On the Bow
Resolutions
I was a prayer
California Burritos
59 Sound
Revival Road

(As you probably remember, Brian stopped Stay Lucky and played Boxer, but I just copied the setlist word for word so it wasn't on!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Newcastle    Revival Tour Newcastle  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 6:57 pm

I went to Newcastle on a bit of a whim after loving the Manchester show. Only decided to go on Saturday morning and was so glad I did - probably edged the Manchester one, maybe because it was a Saturday night and the crowd seemed more up for it.

Agree with everything that's been said about Dave Hause. I'd not heard of him before this tour but he's been great at both shows I've seen and his new album (which I picked up in Newcastle) is fantastic.

Just bought tickets to Cardiff & Portsmouth and hopefully sorted London too. I fortunately have an understanding boss. Any other nutters doing any of those?
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Newcastle    Revival Tour Newcastle  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 7:06 pm

So that's at least two who haven't given Dan a great review. Is it that he's boring? Doesn't engage the crowd? You don't know his songs...?

Back to top Go down
luckyman
A Contender
A Contender
luckyman

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Newcastle    Revival Tour Newcastle  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 11:18 am

markbarlow wrote:
I went to Newcastle on a bit of a whim after loving the Manchester show. Only decided to go on Saturday morning and was so glad I did - probably edged the Manchester one, maybe because it was a Saturday night and the crowd seemed more up for it.

Agree with everything that's been said about Dave Hause. I'd not heard of him before this tour but he's been great at both shows I've seen and his new album (which I picked up in Newcastle) is fantastic.

Just bought tickets to Cardiff & Portsmouth and hopefully sorted London too. I fortunately have an understanding boss. Any other nutters doing any of those?

Done Manchester,Newcastle,finishing with london.
Back to top Go down
Pel.71
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Pel.71

PostSubject: Revival Tour - Newcastle   Revival Tour Newcastle  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 5:37 pm

anyone go to the newcastle leg of the revival tour ? it was an amazing night . the horrible crowes set was brilliant - brian in fine form , no heckling just a very very happy crowd . have not been able to stop listening to cherry blossoms since ,my 4 month old baby boy will be singing it soon as ive sung it to him so many times.... i think ian perkins should just join the gaslight anthem and lets get that new gaslight album out soon ! thanks for a fab night chuck , brian , ian , dave , dan and everyone else . that was what i call a top night .
Back to top Go down
elnoiangles
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
elnoiangles

PostSubject: temp   Revival Tour Newcastle  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 5:46 pm

Chuffed for you mate, I loved Nottingham and i imagine Newcastle was also brilliant. Did they have any guests? Guy called Jimmy Islip appeared in Nottm.
Back to top Go down
Pel.71
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Pel.71

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Newcastle    Revival Tour Newcastle  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 4:44 pm

cheers mate , not sure if there was any guests , i didnt notice anyone who was not supposed to be there . mind i was a bit drunk towards the end so there could have been ha ha ... think sting was celebrating his 60's with the boss and some other mates in america at the time or im sure he would of joined in his home town leg ..was jimy islip any good ?
Back to top Go down
elnoiangles
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
elnoiangles

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Newcastle    Revival Tour Newcastle  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 5:01 pm

Yes mate, Dirty Old Town was good fun and he did one of his own, 1990, which fitted in well and was decent
Back to top Go down
f1schu111
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Newcastle    Revival Tour Newcastle  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 7:41 pm

Helen chambers was at newcastle shows, she's on the four way split lp with chuck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Newcastle    Revival Tour Newcastle  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Revival Tour Newcastle
Page 1 of 1