DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct. Empty
PostSubject: Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct.   Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 11:53 am

so who's going?

it seems like the tour has gotten better and better at every show, so i really can't wait to see them again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
joshyboytyler
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
joshyboytyler

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct.   Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 12:24 pm

Yeah I'm there - cannot wait!
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct.   Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 1:51 pm

yepp ill be there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct.   Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 2:38 pm

Apparently the full band are playing trusty chords now
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct.   Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 2:55 pm

ok stupid question: where the hell is the venue? i can't seem to find it xD

also, i'll be going from cheltenham, so do you guys know any cheap hotels near the venue?
Back to top Go down
joshyboytyler
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
joshyboytyler

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct.   Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 7:50 am

Ah dude im from cheltenham but live in cardiff now! The venue is in the Cardiff Students Union

This one could be your best bet? http://www.laterooms.com/en/p5316/pvCardiff/hotel-reservations/225827_the-beverley-hotel-cardiff.aspx
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct.   Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 8:42 am

cool, thanks! Very Happy

at around what time do you guys plan to start queuing?
Back to top Go down
joshyboytyler
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
joshyboytyler

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct.   Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 1:09 pm

Im hoping to queue pretty early maybe 6ish assuming doors open at 7? Desperate to be at the front and I wouldnt mind hanging round at the end cos ive always wanted to meet brian chuck or dave in particular!
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct.   Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 1:57 pm

its been around 6ish at the other shows
Back to top Go down
backseat99
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
backseat99

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct.   Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 11:03 am

This might be a bit late now, as you may have booked something, but there is a very good hostle in Cardiff.
called nosdar, I'm a new user so can't post the links!

The gig is being held in Solus, which is one of a number of room in the Cardiff University students union, it's quite intimate, normally a club. There is another gig on that night by a band called New Model Army (Got to be honest I've never heard of them!)which is in another room at the same venue, so could be quite busy!Don't go to the wrong one!

Hope this helps! I'm going for the 3rd time this tour, other gigs been awesome!
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct.   Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 12:21 pm

i haven't booked yet so i'll take a look. thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
backseat99
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
backseat99

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct.   Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 12:43 pm

No problems! Hope my first post helps lol Enjoy the gig Sunday, might see ya there!
Back to top Go down
joshyboytyler
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
joshyboytyler

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct.   Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 11:39 am

Hey just to post what I think was the setlist (not in order) - if anyone can help me fill in any gaps please ?

All:
Great Expectations
Nomad by Fate
Prague
Hurricane Season

Dave Hause:
C’mon Kid
Resolutions
Time Will Tell
Pretty Good Year (with Chuck)
Jane
Trusty Chords (with Chuck)

Chuck Ragan:
Glory
Nothing to Prove
Valentine
For Broken Ears

Dan Adriano
Emma (with Dave)
Rain All Day
Every Thug needs a woman?
Crawl (with Brian)
From this oil can

Brian Fallon:
Ladykiller (Ian)
I witnessed a crime (Ian)
Old White Lincoln
Blue Jeans and White T-shirts
Harsh Relm (with Chuck)
We came to dance
All:

Revival Road
59 Sound
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct.   Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 12:32 pm

oh god my memory really does suck...

All (in order):
Nomad by Fate
Me and denver
Great expectations
Prague

Dave (not in order):
Pray for Tucson
Pretty Good Year
Please Be Here (not in its entirety)
Resolutions
Time Will Tell
Jane
Trusty Chords (with Chuck)
C’mon Kid

Chuck (not in order, except for the first and last one):
It's What You Will
Let It Rain
Nothing to Prove
You Get what you give
The Trench
Glory
Valentine
For Broken Ears w Dave
Coal Tattoo

i think Brian played in this order (i'm kind of pissed he didn't play more -.-):
Ladykiller
I witnessed a crime
OWL
We Came to Dance
Harsh Realm
Blue Jeans

And at the end:
American Slang
Revival Road
Encore:
(Something)
Coma Girl
59 sound
Back to top Go down
backseat99
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
backseat99

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct.   Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 6:03 pm

I’ve been really busy since the gig, so haven't had chance to post, but I got to be honest, I came away feeling a bit disappointed :-( It was my 3rd time on this tour, so maybe I over did it and it could be just me, but I felt Brian seemed to be going through the motions a little and his set seemed the shortest of the lot on the night. Of course this is possibly due to a Sunday night curfew and from what I’ve read the Saturday night gig before it was pretty epic so might have taken it out of him, but Dave Hause and the others seemed up for it. Maybe I just expect too much of the man and his music that gets me through life!
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct.   Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 6:11 pm

backseat99 wrote:
I’ve been really busy since the gig, so haven't had chance to post, but I got to be honest, I came away feeling a bit disappointed :-( It was my 3rd time on this tour, so maybe I over did it and it could be just me, but I felt Brian seemed to be going through the motions a little and his set seemed the shortest of the lot on the night. Of course this is possibly due to a Sunday night curfew and from what I’ve read the Saturday night gig before it was pretty epic so might have taken it out of him, but Dave Hause and the others seemed up for it. Maybe I just expect too much of the man and his music that gets me through life!

Brians set was without doubt short in cardiff he didnt seem to do many with the others either, Chucks set was longer. I had the same feeling about Brian in Dublin to be honest , at that show he didnt look well lo.
We enjoyed Cardiff had a great day , really nice chat with all of them , talked to Ian in the pub for ages, all in all a great day, to me Portsmouth was the best show we done by a million miles. From outside the venue looked crap, but once inside it was awesome , by far the smallest but it was really intermate, if anyone done the Gaslight show in Oxford last year , it was like that.
Back to top Go down
joshyboytyler
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
joshyboytyler

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct.   Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 9:42 am

The crowd was pretty shit in Cardiff too - i got the feeling from the show and even meeting everyone afterwards that it was one of the worst of the tour
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct.   Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Revival Tour - Cardiff 16 Oct.
Page 1 of 1