DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LA Troubadour recording

Go down 
+11
Debonair
built2last25
big blue
TGAFAN25
Phil Rockabill
Blue_Collar_Man
vamike
JukeboxJuliet
myfuneralparty
Jerseyrain
enola
15 posters
AuthorMessage
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

LA Troubadour recording Empty
PostSubject: LA Troubadour recording   LA Troubadour recording Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 7:48 pm

Thanks to "myfuneralparty", here's the first recording of the LA show (2011-09-15). The encore is missing and the quality is medium. As for Brian talking and slower songs like Blood Loss it's perfect! But it is still awesome. Very awesome!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q5PJFN7U
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: LA Troubadour recording   LA Troubadour recording Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 7:49 pm

Thanks man
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
myfuneralparty
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
myfuneralparty

PostSubject: Re: LA Troubadour recording   LA Troubadour recording Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 7:53 pm

Yeah, it was recorded on my phone so please excuse the quality at times.

I wanted to take some pictures so that's why I didn't get the encore. Maybe I will tonight at the Long Beach show. Also going to try my best to get some video tonight for at least a couple songs. Any requests?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LA Troubadour recording   LA Troubadour recording Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 10:12 pm

thanks for the recording.

just wondering, what type of phone do you have?
Back to top Go down
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender
JukeboxJuliet

PostSubject: Re: LA Troubadour recording   LA Troubadour recording Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 1:27 am

Thank you so much for sharing this, just finished listening!

I just have to comment here, among those who I'm sure understand, that it will never cease to amaze me why people in the audience feel the need to yell and be rude when Brian gets to chatting. Personally I would stay there all night to listen to him go off about the Yankees or drinking Coke until his teeth fell out, or whatever the hell he wants between songs.

It seems there are so many times when he is about to tell some background story on a song or otherwise, and someone will yell out some stupid comment, and then he gets distracted and doesn't finish. Interrupting is such a pet peeve of mine - like, are you a fan or aren't you? Let the man talk!

Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: LA Troubadour recording   LA Troubadour recording Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 4:35 am

Sitting in the car listening to Brian telling his stories and I can't stop smiling. I could go on forever! And I am so excied for Revival!

Thanks so much for recording the show!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: LA Troubadour recording   LA Troubadour recording Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 8:28 am

thanks! it's really not that bad Wink
Back to top Go down
Blue_Collar_Man
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Blue_Collar_Man

PostSubject: Re: LA Troubadour recording   LA Troubadour recording Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 8:50 am

Awesome, thanks so much!!!
Back to top Go down
Phil Rockabill
A Contender
A Contender
Phil Rockabill

PostSubject: Re: LA Troubadour recording   LA Troubadour recording Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 9:55 am

JukeboxJuliet wrote:

I just have to comment here, among those who I'm sure understand, that it will never cease to amaze me why people in the audience feel the need to yell and be rude when Brian gets to chatting. Personally I would stay there all night to listen to him go off about the Yankees or drinking Coke until his teeth fell out, or whatever the hell he wants between songs.

It seems there are so many times when he is about to tell some background story on a song or otherwise, and someone will yell out some stupid comment, and then he gets distracted and doesn't finish. Interrupting is such a pet peeve of mine - like, are you a fan or aren't you? Let the man talk!

I agree with you. There's always going to be people with no respect for others. Just like that other video on youtube where Brian is performing solo and there's a bunch of girls chatting between songs (and even during!). It totally ruins the video.

Same thing when going to the movies: JUST SHUT THE F*** UP!!
Back to top Go down
myfuneralparty
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
myfuneralparty

PostSubject: Re: LA Troubadour recording   LA Troubadour recording Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 2:29 pm

Hey, no problem at all, guys. Just really glad that you enjoyed the recording.

enola, I emailed you the file of the INXS cover they played last night (Long Beach), hopefully you can help get that one up as well. I only recorded 'Jesus' and that song because I just really kind of wanted to enjoy the show since it was so intimate. Apparently they were only supposed to play 4 songs but they decided to play the entire set list so I was able to grab this song (which I didn't the previous night).

Enjoy!

Oh yeah. oldgospelchior, I recorded everything with the voice memo app on an iPhone 4.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: LA Troubadour recording   LA Troubadour recording Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 2:41 pm

Phil Rockabill wrote:
JukeboxJuliet wrote:

I agree with you. There's always going to be people with no respect for others. Just like that other video on youtube where Brian is performing solo and there's a bunch of girls chatting between songs (and even during!). It totally ruins the video.

YOU ARE NOT IN THE LIBRARY AT A ROCK CONCERT.

If people want to yell and scream and have fun, let them. If you don't want to hear it, go home and turn on your record player/CD player or whatever....

This is not study hour this is a C O N C E R T
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: LA Troubadour recording   LA Troubadour recording Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 2:42 pm

btw, recordin is AWESOME! brought back memories of bowery, effing brilliant Smile Thank you uploader!
Back to top Go down
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender
JukeboxJuliet

PostSubject: Re: LA Troubadour recording   LA Troubadour recording Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 6:47 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
Phil Rockabill wrote:
JukeboxJuliet wrote:

YOU ARE NOT IN THE LIBRARY AT A ROCK CONCERT.

If people want to yell and scream and have fun, let them. If you don't want to hear it, go home and turn on your record player/CD player or whatever....

This is not study hour this is a C O N C E R T

Not intending to start a debate here, but I wouldn't really call the vibe of the Horrible Crowes or Brian Fallon's solo stuff the same as a Gaslight show. At least I don't believe that's the vibe Brian was intending.
There's nothing wrong with singing along and having a good time at all - I'm talking about disrespecting Brian when he's trying to talk, by yelling things like "JUST PLAY THE SONG!" like someone did during this recording. I understand that's just how people are, I was just making a comment. As a fan, I actually enjoy the personal stories and banter... and want to hear the background behind certain songs... it's all part of the performance. Guess I'm in the minority. Smile
Back to top Go down
big blue
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: LA Troubadour recording   LA Troubadour recording Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 8:56 pm

Well stated, Juliet. By the way, there were plenty of a-holes yelling "play the song" at the bowery show too. If you don't want to hear Brian talking about the song, stay home. It is the stories that put the songs into perspective, so that we can truly understand the meaning behind the words.
Back to top Go down
built2last25
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
built2last25

PostSubject: Re: LA Troubadour recording   LA Troubadour recording Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 9:16 pm

Yeah i think i was standing next to the loudest just play the f-ing song screamer at the bowery. i wanted to knock his ass out. I could care less if you talk to your friends or whatever but be respectful to the people performing. I think its the other way around if all you wanna hear is the songs stay the hell home and listen to the record.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: LA Troubadour recording   LA Troubadour recording Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 4:38 pm

If people are yelling shit in between songs like that, I understand... The banter is wonderful.....

My main gripe is people complaining about the fans who sing along in the crowd...

You're supposed to sing....
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: LA Troubadour recording   LA Troubadour recording Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 7:02 pm

Quote :
My main gripe is people complaining about the fans who sing along in the crowd...

You're supposed to sing....

You and me both
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: LA Troubadour recording   LA Troubadour recording Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 6:31 am

what's this stuff before 'Crush' about threatening to kill someone if they leave you ("maybe you should threaten that")?

it all makes sense up to that point, but then Brian's mouth gets the better of his brain

scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Afzoomie67
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Afzoomie67

PostSubject: Re: LA Troubadour recording   LA Troubadour recording Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 1:15 pm

It didn't work for me! Mad
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: LA Troubadour recording   LA Troubadour recording Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 1:23 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/?fn88wahep659sse
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
Afzoomie67
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Afzoomie67

PostSubject: Re: LA Troubadour recording   LA Troubadour recording Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 10:18 am

Thanks Klown! It's appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: LA Troubadour recording   LA Troubadour recording Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 5:39 am

Klown wrote:

Is this a new recording or the same version as before. Any details on quality etc if it is a new one?
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: LA Troubadour recording   LA Troubadour recording Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 5:50 am

Jerseyrain wrote:
Klown wrote:

Is this a new recording or the same version as before. Any details on quality etc if it is a new one?

Exactly the same, I just took it from the Audio list.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

PostSubject: Re: LA Troubadour recording   LA Troubadour recording Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 5:27 am

Thanks for the re up Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LA Troubadour recording   LA Troubadour recording Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LA Troubadour recording
Page 1 of 1