DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PIAS music distributor (incl. SOD) warehouse burnt down in London

Go down 
+6
Ghost
Bea
riversedge
RobertODonnell
JJW319
steady now steady now
10 posters
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PIAS music distributor (incl. SOD) warehouse burnt down in London Empty
PostSubject: PIAS music distributor (incl. SOD) warehouse burnt down in London   PIAS music distributor (incl. SOD) warehouse burnt down in London Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 7:34 am

www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/14460204

www.musicweek.com/story.asp?sectioncode=1&storycode=1046207&c=1

PIAS is a distributor for SideOneDummy (see the list of labels reproduced at http://drownedinsound.com/community/boards/music/4299987)

I have now idea if any SideOneDummy stock has been affected.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: PIAS music distributor (incl. SOD) warehouse burnt down in London   PIAS music distributor (incl. SOD) warehouse burnt down in London Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 11:51 am

This is absolutely terrible.

Seriously. What is any of this going to prove? That we as humans can be as un-civil as possible?
Back to top Go down
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: PIAS music distributor (incl. SOD) warehouse burnt down in London   PIAS music distributor (incl. SOD) warehouse burnt down in London Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 1:23 pm

Huh. I don't see the point of indiscriminately burning shit down, but I guess I'm just an ignorant American?
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: PIAS music distributor (incl. SOD) warehouse burnt down in London   PIAS music distributor (incl. SOD) warehouse burnt down in London Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 2:36 pm

Charlie Simpson new debut album has been postponed in realease because of this also. The youth rioting moan about unemployement yet burn down buisness'. I hate my country sometimes, it seems at times we take a huge step beckwards in society. The rioters are ridiculously close to pure savages
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: PIAS music distributor (incl. SOD) warehouse burnt down in London   PIAS music distributor (incl. SOD) warehouse burnt down in London Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 7:54 pm

a Horrible Crowes mention

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2011/08/london-riots-takes-potentially-disastrous-hit-on-indie-music-.html

Quote :
extract:

The 215,000-square-foot North London facility, separate from Sony's music operations, held current and catalog stock from about 150 labels distributed by PIAS, including Beggars Banquet, Sub Pop, Thrill Jockey, Domino Records and L.A.'s SideOneDummy.

"Our biggest territory in Europe just went down indefinitely," said Bill Armstrong, a co-founder of SideOneDummy.

Armstrong was awaiting word on exactly how much inventory the label had in the PIAS warehouse, but estimated it could be as much as 20,000 units. In September, the label will have a relatively big release from the Gaslight Anthem side project the Horrible Crowes. As of Tuesday afternoon, Armstong was hoping the new product never made it to the PIAS warehouse.

"From our perspective, it's just, 'Wow'," he said. "We have recordings coming out in the U.K and we have bands on tour and we don't know how long our supply chain will be locked up."
Back to top Go down
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: PIAS music distributor (incl. SOD) warehouse burnt down in London   PIAS music distributor (incl. SOD) warehouse burnt down in London Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 5:44 am

Make me sick. I'm all for people power, and focused riots etc but not like this, these guys are so anti-punk it's untrue. What they're doing is not political anymore it's mindless violence, if it was political they'd be rioting at police stations and government buildings, not burning random stuff and ruining ordinary peoples lives.
Back to top Go down
joshyboytyler
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
joshyboytyler

PostSubject: Re: PIAS music distributor (incl. SOD) warehouse burnt down in London   PIAS music distributor (incl. SOD) warehouse burnt down in London Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 6:36 am

From Brian's Twitter:

"You burned down an independent record distribution center, and one young man is dead. This is not the way. Google MLK JR."

Can't believe whats going on in this country - all the things people could riot about and these thugs seem to have no intentions or motives other than to steal and burn.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: PIAS music distributor (incl. SOD) warehouse burnt down in London   PIAS music distributor (incl. SOD) warehouse burnt down in London Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 4:59 pm

I wonder whether this will delay the release of Elsie? I hope not.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: PIAS music distributor (incl. SOD) warehouse burnt down in London   PIAS music distributor (incl. SOD) warehouse burnt down in London Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 10:01 am

Christophe wrote:
I wonder whether this will delay the release of Elsie? I hope not.

charlie simpsons debut record 'young pilgrim' is being distributed by the same factory as elsie and the release date for it is this monday and it wasnt delayed so i think probably not. however because elsie is being released on S1D the stock might have taken a bigger beating
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: PIAS music distributor (incl. SOD) warehouse burnt down in London   PIAS music distributor (incl. SOD) warehouse burnt down in London Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 11:44 am

Does this warehouse receive all SideOneDummy records that are to be sold in Britain because I have preordered through Play.com and I'm not sure whether Play's stock comes from this warehouse or direct from the US?
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: PIAS music distributor (incl. SOD) warehouse burnt down in London   PIAS music distributor (incl. SOD) warehouse burnt down in London Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 4:48 pm

considering play.com all i know is that they ship all their unders from jersey. because of tax haven and such. so im not sure if they get their orders from the PIAS warehouse and then distribute that way? best hope is that play.com already have the albums at their warehouse ready to distribute but that seems unlikely for some reason...
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: PIAS music distributor (incl. SOD) warehouse burnt down in London   PIAS music distributor (incl. SOD) warehouse burnt down in London Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 5:57 pm

http://www.nme.com/news/creation/59075

I think he is on his own with these thoughts!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: PIAS music distributor (incl. SOD) warehouse burnt down in London   PIAS music distributor (incl. SOD) warehouse burnt down in London Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 6:07 pm

Gaslight23 wrote:
http://www.nme.com/news/creation/59075

really pathetic
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: PIAS music distributor (incl. SOD) warehouse burnt down in London   PIAS music distributor (incl. SOD) warehouse burnt down in London Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 6:22 pm

What an ignorant tit.
Back to top Go down
Blue_Collar_Man
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Blue_Collar_Man

PostSubject: Re: PIAS music distributor (incl. SOD) warehouse burnt down in London   PIAS music distributor (incl. SOD) warehouse burnt down in London Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 6:27 pm

still stuck in his Boy George-days, it seems
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PIAS music distributor (incl. SOD) warehouse burnt down in London   PIAS music distributor (incl. SOD) warehouse burnt down in London Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 9:00 pm

Wow. And I thought I was a cynical asshole.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PIAS music distributor (incl. SOD) warehouse burnt down in London   PIAS music distributor (incl. SOD) warehouse burnt down in London Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1