DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hi from London! :D

Go down 
+2
kieran
RunawaySmile
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RunawaySmile
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
RunawaySmile

Hi from London! :D Empty
PostSubject: Hi from London! :D   Hi from London! :D Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 11:19 am

Hi everyone

I've been a gaslight anthem fan for a while now, but now they've become my new obsession and I finally discovered this message board. It's hidden away quite well Crying or Very sad Would love to meet other like minded fans! Very Happy

Anyone else from London?
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Hi from London! :D   Hi from London! :D Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 11:41 am

Hi there welcome!

Not from London myself but from Portsmouth so only an hour or so away and I pop up quite oftern to gigs and stuff when I have the funds. Worked their as well for 3 and a bit months.
Back to top Go down
RunawaySmile
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
RunawaySmile

PostSubject: Re: Hi from London! :D   Hi from London! :D Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 11:58 am

^Thank you!

Ah I go to gigs here a lot too, espeically my favourite band the killers. I've not had the fortune of going to see The Gaslight Anthem yet as everytime they've been in town, I wasn't aware and I couldn't get a sunday ticket for Hard Rock so missed them then.

Really want them to come back to London!
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Hi from London! :D   Hi from London! :D Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 12:02 pm

They will come back to London every band comes to London!

Thats what I loved about being there for 3 months every night there was a gig of some sort which was ace!
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Hi from London! :D   Hi from London! :D Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 1:24 pm

hey from a fellow londoner! hopefully see you at a gig soon! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Hi from London! :D   Hi from London! :D Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 1:39 pm

hey man, welcome. and you're not alone on the killers thing. i'm not a fan myself, but they're a favorite of a few others on here (i wanna say Tomaldo is one of them). i see you've already taken a look around the forum. hope you stick around
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi from London! :D   Hi from London! :D Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 4:53 pm

wow, seems like a british invasion Wink

welcome. hope you'll get to see tga soon and they will surely come back to london. everyone loves london...

yeah you can count on quite some killers-fans around here (i do not like them, but lots of others).
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Hi from London! :D   Hi from London! :D Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 6:41 pm

ah, London. That really was one of the best vacations I have ever been on. I still wish I lived in Europe so I could catch a Ryan Air flight. London is too expensive for me to be paying 800 for a ticket.

Welcome to the forum, as I am sure you will see pretty soon we have about a billion Brits here, you are definitely not alone
Back to top Go down
RunawaySmile
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
RunawaySmile

PostSubject: Re: Hi from London! :D   Hi from London! :D Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 7:11 pm

Thank you everyone. I'm still trying to figure my way around this forum and where everything is. There is no official board right?

Yep, I'm definitely planning on sticking around here as I don't want to miss the next TGA show in London! They played at my university union venue this time last year, and I didn't even know that...we always get punk/metal/goth bands normally and the first time we get an awesome band...I missed it! Crying or Very sad

Haha British invasion Laughing Are we the dominant nation on this forum or what?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi from London! :D   Hi from London! :D Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 8:06 pm

yeah, kind of

at least there are really a lot of british people around here. related to the country's size, i'd say theyre dominating this forum Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Hi from London! :D   Hi from London! :D Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 8:31 pm

Nishy wrote:
Thank you everyone. I'm still trying to figure my way around this forum and where everything is. There is no official board right?

Yep, I'm definitely planning on sticking around here as I don't want to miss the next TGA show in London! They played at my university union venue this time last year, and I didn't even know that...we always get punk/metal/goth bands normally and the first time we get an awesome band...I missed it! Crying or Very sad

Haha British invasion Laughing Are we the dominant nation on this forum or what?

ULU show?

That show was bloody amazing it was truly something special. Especially when put in context with the sort of shows they are now playing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi from London! :D   Hi from London! :D Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 7:50 am

I'm not London, but still got the British connection going!

I get a lot of bands round near me, but London must be something different.

I'm also finding it strange/liking how a few people seem to link my name to the Killers fandom!! Haha!!! Loving it!!!
Back to top Go down
RunawaySmile
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
RunawaySmile

PostSubject: Re: Hi from London! :D   Hi from London! :D Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 9:55 am

kieran wrote:

ULU show?

That show was bloody amazing it was truly something special. Especially when put in context with the sort of shows they are now playing.

Yep, ULU! I saw videos of it on youtube, looked great and it's an awesome little venue. Someone make them go back there please Wink
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Hi from London! :D   Hi from London! :D Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 4:29 am

i think we'd all love it if they played there again!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Hi from London! :D   Hi from London! :D Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 7:01 am

I was thinking along these lines yesterday, and the first time I saw them it was like for 200/300 people, quite intimate- but I'll probably never ge to see them in such a setting again!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi from London! :D   Hi from London! :D Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 7:53 am

Nishy are you really active on the official Killers Sweet Talk forums?
Back to top Go down
RunawaySmile
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
RunawaySmile

PostSubject: Re: Hi from London! :D   Hi from London! :D Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 10:24 am

Tomaldo wrote:

Kind of, and The Victims. It's the only other forum I belong to. I have the same username on there. Are you on it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi from London! :D   Hi from London! :D Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 6:20 pm

Nishy wrote:
Tomaldo wrote:

Kind of, and The Victims. It's the only other forum I belong to. I have the same username on there. Are you on it?

I can't afford to join the Victims, I will do eventually though. I'm a member of the Sweet Talk forum, but mostly just lurk. I have only posted a couple of times as I found it a bit impersonal, what with the number of users and all. That is a really great thing about this board, that you can quickly get to 'know' the core of (really great) people who are the regulars who will discuss most things with you. It's definately worth sticking around, this place is great, and what a fan forum should be like!
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Hi from London! :D   Hi from London! :D Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 12:43 am

Always nice to have another Killers fan around these parts, even if you are a Brit Razz
The time difference between us on the other side of the Drink is confounding.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
RunawaySmile
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
RunawaySmile

PostSubject: Re: Hi from London! :D   Hi from London! :D Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 2:05 pm

Tomaldo wrote:
Nishy wrote:
Tomaldo wrote:

I can't afford to join the Victims, I will do eventually though. I'm a member of the Sweet Talk forum, but mostly just lurk. I have only posted a couple of times as I found it a bit impersonal, what with the number of users and all. That is a really great thing about this board, that you can quickly get to 'know' the core of (really great) people who are the regulars who will discuss most things with you. It's definately worth sticking around, this place is great, and what a fan forum should be like!

I like that this is smaller.

Anyone know how I can change my username?
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Hi from London! :D   Hi from London! :D Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 2:07 pm

Just click on "Profile" on the top bar. The first box has your UN, which you can change there.
Back to top Go down
RunawaySmile
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
RunawaySmile

PostSubject: Re: Hi from London! :D   Hi from London! :D Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 2:10 pm

Ah thanks for your help. You guys can still call me Nishy, just I don't want it as my username!
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Hi from London! :D   Hi from London! :D Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 2:11 pm

It's all good. That's why we have usernames; everyone will call you whatever you want them to! Empowering, no?
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Hi from London! :D   Hi from London! :D Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 8:30 pm

hey i have a question for you Brits. how do you pronounce the word "vitamins"? do you pronounce the "vit" part like "lit" and "bit", or like "light" and "bite"?
Back to top Go down
RunawaySmile
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
RunawaySmile

PostSubject: Re: Hi from London! :D   Hi from London! :D Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 8:44 pm

Jukebox Romeo wrote:
hey i have a question for you Brits. how do you pronounce the word "vitamins"? do you pronounce the "vit" part like "lit" and "bit", or like "light" and "bite"?

Haha we pronounce it like lit and bit. That's how it should be pronouced here anyway. I know some people who say it the american way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from London! :D   Hi from London! :D Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi from London! :D
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next