DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"

Go down 
+55
loazis
TGAFAN25
Ghost
RobertODonnell
plugga
joshyboytyler
marcsnitz
I Came To Dance
JimmyB
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
Vreni0506
19thirty
gaslightfan89
AngryJohnnyN1930
B701
myfuneralparty
Mikeyc
vamike
JukeboxJuliet
Kosburn59
Zach_Edelman
40 Miler
Debonair
The Angry Johnny Revue
Daire
poormrpitiful
CluckyB
Joe Jack
drifter69
acousticbandit
Phil Rockabill
Shrewsbury_Stars
Harbortown
I am Incinerator
luckysparks
moosicmaniac
IrishNameAndAnInjury
BuddyHolly
Jerseyrain
NeverTrustAJunkie
DeathoftheCool
StopAndSlideToTheRight
NJsoul
carryon820
FrimFramable
Prisoner
riversedge
MKULTRA
JJW319
simo
IKeeptheDiner
Jay
Bea
steady now steady now
LuceroDiehard
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 1:18 pm

Yesssssssssssss
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 2:48 pm

all I have heard is Baba O'Reilly.

and boy does it sound good....awesome backing vocals and best part is that now you can actually HEAR the bass
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 3:56 pm

http://www.altpress.com/features/entry/gaslight_anthem_drummer_benny_horowitz_interview_itunes_sessionitunes_session

[admin: there is a separate thread for the interview]

Interview with Benny about iTunes tracks, and some other stuff

There are some interesting choices on iTunes Session EP regarding cover songs. How much debate was there internally about what you should cover?

It was actually really easy. We didn’t really even discuss it too much. In classic Gaslight fashion, we threw a bunch of it together last minute. We’ve been covering [Tom Petty’s] “Refugee” for a while… “Baba O’Riley” we learned because we did that Who tribute at Carnegie Hall, so we learned that song for that and have kept it in rotation since. “State Of Love And Trust” we’ve been covering for a couple years now; that stemmed from a conversation Brian and I had in the van a million years ago about the Singles soundtrack and how that was the best Pearl Jam song. We were doing a little bit of [the Animals’] “The House Of The Rising Sun” as an interlude in our set, and it was just fun to play, and we realized that if you know eight bars of it and you play it the right way, you kind of know the whole thing. [Laughs.]

Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 1:56 am

Did we ever determine who actually is doing the Baba backing vocals?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 3:10 am

simo wrote:
Did we ever determine who actually is doing the Baba backing vocals?

I think its Alex R.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 7:55 am

NOTE: I am NOT puting up the link as it has a stream of "Refugee"

Exclaim in Canada has reviewed the EP

Although Gaslight Anthem frontman Brian Fallon has been keeping busy with his side-project the Horrible Crowes, the New Jersey rockers found some time to record a new EP. As previously reported, the iTunes Sessions was to be released on December 13, but "due to an overzealous member of the press who leaked the album," the eight-track album will be available next Tuesday (October 18), and right now you can stream their version of Tom Petty's "Refugee" off the release.

The EP features four covers, one new song, new reworked Gaslight Anthem tracks and an interview with the band. You can check out the group's cover of Tom Petty's "Refugee" below.

The other tracks covered on the iTunes Sessions are the Who's "Baba O'Riley," Pearl Jam's "State of Love and Trust" and classic folk song "House of the Rising Sun."

Gaslight Anthem's iTunes Sessions is out via SideOneDummy.

Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 8:08 am

WOW incredible stuff so far and i'm only on the first song Smile made my day,well it's made my year!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 8:10 am

drifter69 wrote:
WOW incredible stuff so far and i'm only on the first song Smile made my day,well it's made my year!

I know--so glad we don't have to wait till December 13 to get this . . . only 4 days
Back to top Go down
Mikeyc
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mikeyc

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 9:28 am

I hope they play this stripped down version of Boxer live, it kills.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 9:34 am

Why can't these idiots just leave things alone until a band is ready to release something! Surely they must be able to take legal action once they find the culprit. Who cares if we have to wait another month. its a month!
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
myfuneralparty
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
myfuneralparty

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 9:03 pm

FYI...

Got an email right now that my pre-order was available. Just finished downloading.
Back to top Go down
B701
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 9:46 pm

Same here. If you pre-ordered, check your email as you are now able to download it.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 9:59 pm

No email here and the preorder doesn't show up in my order history, only the State of Love and Trust single. But I'm afraid to download it because I don't want to be charged twice...
Back to top Go down
AngryJohnnyN1930
A Contender
A Contender
AngryJohnnyN1930

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 2:27 am

Um, I don't get this. I bought it on iTunes tonight and they all downloaded tonight.... Like, I can play them all....
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 2:35 am

It's out now for some reason. My preorder just downloaded.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 3:44 am

simo wrote:
It's out now for some reason. My preorder just downloaded.

Awesome! I checked just now when I saw your post and mine did too!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 3:50 am

I just downloaded it too.

I'm slightly drunk as I just came back from a party, I put on Baba O'Reily and I fucking danced in my room. I never dance, but I danced around in my room, I had a pure rock moment. Then I had a sailor voice moment where I sang and played House of the rising sun (Brian fucking killed it) holy shit I might be a bit off in my writing cus I'm drunkg but DAMN this is a good bunch of songs.
Back to top Go down
gaslightfan89
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 3:54 am

Its bitter sweet that this will be their last official release with Sideone Dummy. I listened to it on Youtube and its really really good. 6 songs (4 Covers plus Boxer and Our Fathers Sons) each one really good.

If this is representing what they will be doing on Mercury records then I am very optimistic on the future of TGA. Loved State of Love and Trust and I have to rank that cover as my all time favorite TGA cover and in my top 10 of TGA songs ever.
Back to top Go down
luckysparks
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
luckysparks

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 4:21 am

Mine still says available on November 13 Sad
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 4:29 am

Harbortown wrote:

I'm slightly drunk as I just came back from a party, I put on Baba O'Reily and I fucking danced in my room. I never dance, but I danced around in my room, I had a pure rock moment. Then I had a sailor voice moment where I sang and played House of the rising sun (Brian fucking killed it) holy shit I might be a bit off in my writing cus I'm drunkg but DAMN this is a good bunch of songs.

house of the rising sun vocals are insane
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 4:51 am

riversedge wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

house of the rising sun vocals are insane
Brian is outta this world.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 9:35 am

The item you pre-ordered, iTunes Session by The Gaslight Anthem, is now available. To download this item, click the link below or open iTunes and select Check for Available Downloads from the Store menu. If you have set your iTunes preferences to automatically download prepurchased content, this item may already be in your library.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 9:43 am

I was able to download my preorder this morning too. A nice little birthday present from the people at iTunes. Great way to start the day! House of the Rising Son is just insane, Refugee is amazing (I still love Tom Petty songs... Very Happy ), but my favorite track is Baba O'Riley. Brian sounds even better than Roger Daltrey, and he's a rock legend! I am just so excited over this that I can hardly stand it. lol!

Last edited by IrishNameAndAnInjury on Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 10:14 am

bobbyw24 wrote:
The item you pre-ordered, iTunes Session by The Gaslight Anthem, is now available. To download this item, click the link below or open iTunes and select Check for Available Downloads from the Store menu. If you have set your iTunes preferences to automatically download prepurchased content, this item may already be in your library.

not in the UK
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 10:27 am

steady now steady now wrote:
bobbyw24 wrote:

not in the UK

Sorry Alexander. Thanks for the clarification

Navesink Bank is, well, stunning
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next