DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"

Go down 
+55
loazis
TGAFAN25
Ghost
RobertODonnell
plugga
joshyboytyler
marcsnitz
I Came To Dance
JimmyB
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
Vreni0506
19thirty
gaslightfan89
AngryJohnnyN1930
B701
myfuneralparty
Mikeyc
vamike
JukeboxJuliet
Kosburn59
Zach_Edelman
40 Miler
Debonair
The Angry Johnny Revue
Daire
poormrpitiful
CluckyB
Joe Jack
drifter69
acousticbandit
Phil Rockabill
Shrewsbury_Stars
Harbortown
I am Incinerator
luckysparks
moosicmaniac
IrishNameAndAnInjury
BuddyHolly
Jerseyrain
NeverTrustAJunkie
DeathoftheCool
StopAndSlideToTheRight
NJsoul
carryon820
FrimFramable
Prisoner
riversedge
MKULTRA
JJW319
simo
IKeeptheDiner
Jay
Bea
steady now steady now
LuceroDiehard
59 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" Empty
PostSubject: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 2:31 pm

[Admin: the OP has deleted his original post and thread title and replaced it with updated news, so some replies will no longer make sense]

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/The-Gaslight-Anthem-s--iTunes-Session--to-be-released-NEXT-TUESDAY-October-18th.html?soid=1011140821368&aid=nFXpz9dXUuM

For Immediate Release
THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM'S ITUNES SESSION RELEASE DATE MOVED TO OCTOBER 18th, 2011

Los Angeles, CA-October 13, 2011-The Gaslight Anthem have announced their exclusive iTunes Session will be available for download via iTunes NEXT TUESDAY October 18, 2011. The iTunes Session was originally set to be released on December 13, 2011, but due to a overzealous member of the press who leaked the album, SideOneDummy Records and iTunes have elected to move the release date to next Tuesday.

Other recent sessions in the Magic Shop’s unique Studio A include: The Gaslight Anthem tracking an iTunes exclusive live session with producer Jason Marcucci, and engineers Ted Young and Mike Judeh;

http://www.sonicscoop.com/2011/08/04/session-buzz-whos-recording-in-around-nyc-a-monthly-report-5/

Last edited by bobbyw24 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:12 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 3:31 pm

bobbyw24 wrote:
Other recent sessions in the Magic Shop’s unique Studio A include: The Gaslight Anthem tracking an iTunes exclusive live session with producer Jason Marcucci, and engineers Ted Young and Mike Judeh;

http://www.sonicscoop.com/2011/08/04/session-buzz-whos-recording-in-around-nyc-a-monthly-report-5/

What are these iTunes exclusive sessions; something you pay to download or something they stream (and you rip)?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 3:45 pm

something you pay to download...

it's basically a digital EP with live versions of the artist's songs. if done right it can be interesting, but a lot of artists who don't know shit about playing live just record the sessions and you end up paying whatever amount of money it costs to just have the same songs you already had.

but Gaslight is known for their live show and we all know how many of these songs don't sound the same when played live than on the album. plus, Brian's said many times he wanna give people "something worth buying", so i'm looking forward to it but i don't expect much
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 7:08 pm

I'd love to see a live version of Biloxi Parish released in this live session thing.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 9:41 pm

whether the band is my favorite or not, an itunes session could be done well, and could not. i think i trust the guys enough with it though.

random probably wrong thought-what if the crowes were really doing the session? somebody just saw fallon, or a game of telephone was played and gaslight came out. either way it would be cool. sorry just worked a 14 hour day. gnight.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 9:54 pm

iTunes sessions often have alternate versions or unreleased songs, so we'll see what we get. They are basically like Daytrotter sessions (if you're familiar with those), in that I think it is basically a one take recording. But yeah they do cost money.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 10:29 pm

Either way, this is gonna be great!
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 8:50 am

Nice to see this blog post show up in a Google Alert Very Happy
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 9:14 am

bobbyw24 wrote:
Nice to see this blog post show up in a Google Alert Very Happy

forum threads do occassionally Cool
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 9:18 am

Yep--I have seen a few.

This place continues to grow Smile
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 7:07 pm

From Gaslight's website:
wrote:
We recently were back in NYC at The Magic Shop to record some tracks for our iTunes Session EP. More details track listing and all of that coming soon.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 10:00 am

Bea wrote:
From Gaslight's website:

wrote:
We recently were back in NYC at The Magic Shop to record some tracks for our iTunes Session EP. More details track listing and all of that coming soon.

I wouldn't be surprised if this included 'Biloxi Parish' and they left it off the next album; it may no longer fit thematically in any case, given what Brian has hinted at about the move to back to Jersey inspiring his current sing writing
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 1:53 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
Bea wrote:
From Gaslight's website:

wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if this included 'Biloxi Parish' and they left it off the next album; it may no longer fit thematically in any case, given what Brian has hinted at about the move to back to Jersey inspiring his current sing writing

i think it fits fine with his move back to Jersey. the chorus could well be sung to his home state. in any case, part of the song is about coming home and finding what matters.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 8:07 am

S1D tweet: stoked on the tracks @gaslight_anthem recorded for iTunes... more details to come
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 9:42 am

riversedge wrote:
S1D tweet: stoked on the tracks @gaslight_anthem recorded for iTunes... more details to come

Nice
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 12:47 pm

I hope there is a cool cover on the EP like American Girl
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 12:50 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
Bea wrote:
From Gaslight's website:

wrote:

That's what I put on another topic, I think that Biloxi would be a non album single or included on an EP or a complitation. It just doesnt seem like an album track, if it was I dotn think it would of premiered so early
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 4:18 pm

Prisoner wrote:
I hope there is a cool cover on the EP like American Girl

A cover would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
FrimFramable
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
FrimFramable

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 6:45 am

I secretly hope that more of the songs on the new album will sound like Biloxi Parish! I love it!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/FrimFramable
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 12:56 pm

Biloxi Parish is a good song but i feel that they could write better (and certainly have)
Back to top Go down
carryon820
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 3:57 pm

"Biloxi Parish is a good song but i feel that they could write better (and certainly have)"

I completely agree with this statement and actually said something similar in a previous post. I like "Biloxi Parish", but they have done better in my opinion. The demo of "Our Father's Son's" is a reminder of how great their past efforts really were.........and that's a demo version that didn't even make the album! I truly hope they can return to such form.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 6:39 pm

carryon820 wrote:
"Biloxi Parish is a good song but i feel that they could write better (and certainly have)"

I completely agree with this statement and actually said something similar in a previous post. I like "Biloxi Parish", but they have done better in my opinion. The demo of "Our Father's Son's" is a reminder of how great their past efforts really were.........and that's a demo version that didn't even make the album! I truly hope they can return to such form.

Yeah, i just feel its quite mediocre by gaslights standards, i dont think itll make the album, maybe an EP or B side though definitely. Our fathers sons is brilliant though
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 12:20 am

I had never thought that Biloxi would never not make it to the album. But it's interesting to think of that. I love the song endlessly. Awesome rocking tune.

I guess if it didn't it would end up being a live gem and something for the diehard fans. And they could play it both ways live (with the third verse, or with the bridge instead)
Back to top Go down
NJsoul
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 1:49 am

Single for the iTunes Live EP is out now - State of Love and Trust

Tracklist-

Baba O'Riley
Refugee
Our Father's Son
State of Love and Trust
Boxer
House of the Rising Sun
Interview
----------
The Navesink Bank (Pre-order Only)

Out December 13
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 2:02 am

Ohmygod! As ifI wasn't in enough of a gaslight frenzy over the revival tour this week!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next